Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 AM

13 posts, read 28,062 times

Advertisements

A carpenter's union, the Arkansas Regional Council of Carpenters, was willing to significantly damage Tulsa's economy by picketting outside the Southern Hills Country Club, an innocent bystander. Their demonstrations are consistent with my experiences with union bully tactics over the past 35 years. These tactics have included blowing up vehicles, shooting out windshields, murdering Oklahoma highway patrolmen, and whatever intimidation they believe will benefit their cause.

Shame on this union and those who support their message that harming innocent people is the way to achieve selfish goals. If they are worth so much pay, they should be able to find alternative employment that will provide such compensation.

The damage is done now. I hope that Tulsa does not loose the lucrative income from future high-profile golf tournaments. If it does, I hope that Tulsa litigates the damage incurred vs. the Arkansas union. I hope that these union members who prefer the picket line over honest work, will decide to move to Arkansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
The union members aren't picketing. They hire homeless and work today/pay today people to man the picket line.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:33 PM

258 posts, read 1,014,746 times
They should hire union picketers. :-p

But I get the thread posters point. However I don't think the picketers will really hurt the event or the business man they are protesting against. Everyone here knows what the score is and that this is some out of state company trying to bully the local nonunion guy (who pays quite fairly from what I gather) to try and make him a union company. If anything its given this guy and his company more publicity, local support and gotten him more work. (not to mention its hiring a few extra people off the streets in town lol) And the visitors from out of town going to these types of events have probably seen similar things in other places. Any time there is a large event it will tend to draw anyone wanting to get attention from it if they can. Just par for the course so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa