Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Not to bring up the driving issue again, but LOL...if the people look anything like the way they drive here I suppose I am in for a real treat. I think I am too scared to go and I probably would be entertained by the individuality. I still get a kick out of just about everything in this State... One good thing about it... You can be whoever you want to be here and no one cares... unlike other places that I have been where it looks like everyone just stepped out of the same old box...
I think nevergoingback has an axe to grind also. Methinks that poster exagerrate a bit much. I've been to fairs on the west coast and interior CA that don't look too much different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
I only go when something really attracts me.........

Last time I went, the rodeo was finished off with one Chris LeDoux's last concerts......great show.....

I think this would be a pretty good event as well:

Quote:
http://www.tulsastatefair.com/fair/livestock/images/toughenough.JPG (broken link)

Thursday night is full of family entertainment! Opening night at the Rodeo will include not only the Urban Cowgirl competition, but Tough Enough to WearPink. A portion of Thursday's Rodeo proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Help try to find a cure and come support the cause and the PRCA Rodeo!
BTW, it is only $15 admission, and it includes the state fair admission..........

Then Saturday, October 10, there is the

5:00 p.m. Mounted Cowboy Shooting Mustang Arena

If you haven't seen Cowboy Action competitions it is a lot of fun.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
I think nevergoingback has an axe to grind also. Methinks that poster exagerrate a bit much. I've been to fairs on the west coast and interior CA that don't look too much different.
Alot different, you aren't going to see many hispanics at the Tulsa State Fair, the West Coast, well...

I used to laugh just as much at the "rancheras" with their rooster shirts and such. Fair people are the best!! IMO Okies take the cake over "us" (former) Californians.

In no way would I remotely compare the SB county fair, or the Mid State Fair (in Paso Robles CA.) to the Tulsa State Fair as far as "individuals" go. The Okies def win the prize.

No axe to grind here, I love Oklahoma.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 09-30-2009 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 AM

124 posts, read 256,262 times
U sure dont sound like u love Oklahoma if u do man i sure hate to see what u say about ur wife or kids of course that is assuming someone would marry u!!!

On a diffrent note Blake Shelton and Joe Nichlols will be preforming after the rodeo on friday and saturday

[CENTER]
Friday, October 9
PRCA / Blake Shelton
Immediately Following the Rodeo
[/CENTER]

Saturday, October 10
PRCA / Joe Nichols

I am planning on going to all 3 days of the rodeo, but more info lol

[CENTER]Rodeo Admission
[CENTER]Thursday, October 8
7:00pm
$15
General Admission
Friday, October 9
$25
Includes Blake Shelton Concert immediately following the Rodeo
Saturday, October 10
$25
Includes Joe Nichols Concert immediately following the Rodeo [/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]
*All Rodeo tickets include the price of gate admission
[/LEFT]

Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_t1393 View Post
U sure dont sound like u love Oklahoma if u do man i sure hate to see what u say about ur wife or kids of course that is assuming someone would marry u!!!

On a diffrent note Blake Shelton and Joe Nichlols will be preforming after the rodeo on friday and saturday

[CENTER]
Friday, October 9
PRCA / Blake Shelton
[/CENTER]

Saturday, October 10
PRCA / Joe Nichols

I am planning on going to all 3 days of the rodeo, but more info lol

[CENTER]Rodeo Admission
[CENTER]Thursday, October 8
$15
General Admission
Friday, October 9
$25
Includes Blake Shelton Concert immediately following the Rodeo
Saturday, October 10
$25
Includes Joe Nichols Concert immediately following the Rodeo [/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]
*All Rodeo tickets include the price of gate admission
[/LEFT]
You are the one making the personal attacks.

Lighten your feelers up, I make fun of people at Wal Mart too.

Sorry, but matching OU shirts makes me LMAO, I think I'll take my camera this year!!

400#er's eating big old turkey legs!! Priceless!! If they happen to be in one of those motorized scooters because they are to fat to walk, fahgetaboutit.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM

124 posts, read 256,262 times
I am a Daughter and i am only making statements to ur rude statements! But i will try and not be so hostile to u anymore

Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM

72 posts, read 165,834 times
Can't we all just get along?

What is funnier is two 400# people on a Rascal scooter with a turkey leg and matching OSU shirts....

Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_t1393 View Post
But i will try and not be so hostile to u anymore
would you mind being a little more hostile to me? I kinda like it.........

Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 PM

72 posts, read 165,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
would you mind being a little more hostile to me? I kinda like it.........
You usually have to pay double for that kind of action.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
This thread was quite entertaining to me and it made me laugh. Thanks for posting this thread. One thing I can say about living in so many places. It is really interesting to see how different everything is. It is not unusual to be from another state (area or part of the country) and to think Oklahoma is different or yet even a bit peculiar. SoCal is really weird as well because there is so many different cultures there. It is a melting pot more or less. I find that many people here in Oklahoma are either, 1) people who have always lived here and they don't know anything else, therefore they are just living the way they were brought up. 2) people who are from other areas that are just plain different. There is nothing wrong with either and I actually like the diversity of it all. I don't care for "cookie cutter" communities. Some of the cities in the PNW are like that. Everyone dresses the same, acts the same, even looks the same... Nothing special about that.

I find it "cute"when people are wearing their football shirts and enjoying just being "real" and not caring what anyone thinks about them. It is better than some snooty community where everyone is looking at everyone with judgmentation and you feel you never "measure up". That is one thing that I actually like about Oklahoma. Now... if some of the drivers would go back to drivers ed I think this place would be pretty darn special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa