Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times

Advertisements

Hi, thanks for the endorsement Brian, lol.

Our family recently moved here from Washington State which is a little different than where you are coming from. I chose Broken Arrow and so far it has been a good move. We are currently renting and hopefully in a year or two we can move even further south away from the hustle and bustle of the 71st Street area. The area where we currently live is a wonderful neighborhood that is very close to shopping, malls, restaurants, etc. but I would prefer to be further away from 71st street because of the traffic issues. It is busy most of the time.

I have found the further south you go (towards the river) the prettier and less congested. The Union School District is fantastic.. however there have been some issues with fights breaking out at football games and the High School which I am a little concerned about. Someone recently told me that ALL the High Schools around here have that problem. You may want to consider Bixby. It is still close to Tulsa but a little further south and the schools are not as big. I am not sure how long that will last because I have been told that Bixby is growing rapidly. With that said I do like the Union area and so do my kids.

All and all, these fine people on this forum guided me through my entire move and were VERY helpful.

Please send me a personal message and I will recommend a property manager (who is fantastic and compassionate). He has lots of properties. I also know of some Real Estate agents and in fact I think there is one who messages quite often on this forum.

I can also give you the lowdown on where not to go. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
You can rent in any of those outlying communities, no issues there. I lived in/around Owasso for 20+ years, great community with great schools and it's removed from Tulsa, albeit Owasso is getting kind of too busy as well IMHO. Decent shopping in Owasso, restaurant choices are average, no malls unfortunately though.

I'd suggest you PM Raelyn28 on here, she just went through this same relocation process a couple months ago from Oregon and I believe she settled in Broken Arrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 06:40 PM

7 posts, read 16,501 times
Raelyn pm'd you.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 PM

14 posts, read 64,937 times
I have lived there all my life. Tulsa is a wonderfull community, the weather a bit hot in summers. The perfect areas for children would be bixby, broken arrow, jenks or owasso. Living in south Tulsa is the best place and also a bit pricey, but well worth it if you can afford it. Jenks is also a great place to live and most of the more upper class live there. They have the new Jenks River walk and is located in a great place to move about Tulsa. However, Tulsa has a bit of a travel issue, you want to stay near either I75 or 169 these are the only highways that run North and South, there are none thru the middle of the city. Good luck to you all

Old 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
OK how come no one ever mentions Tulsa proper it's always Jenks, Bixby, Broken Arrow or Owasso. I want to speak up for Tulsa. We have a lovely city and there are some really pretty and safe neighborhoods. There are alot of good schools in Tulsa. If you live in Tulsa proper you wouldn't necessarily have to hop on the expressways which can be a pain in the hindside. You would be closer to the great museums, shopping etc. You are closer to great medical facilities and hospitals. If you wish to travel to riverwalk or the aquarium we are just a few minutes from each of these. I don't have any problems with the burbs I just want to stand up for Tulsa.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:10 PM

620 posts, read 1,752,199 times
Good point tookey.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 PM

I have never heard of tulsa proper? And I am learning that south of tulsa is a very popular area. Right now, I am wide open for perspectives, opinions and information out there so a BIG THANK YOU ahead.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddeallocator View Post
I have never heard of tulsa proper? And I am learning that south of tulsa is a very popular area. Right now, I am wide open for perspectives, opinions and information out there so a BIG THANK YOU ahead.
What I meant by Tulsa proper is in the city of Tulsa not the burbs ie: Broken arrow, Jenks etc. I couldn't find the correct word to use, sorry.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Sorry, I gotcha.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I gotcha.
No problem, at my age I sometimes have trouble putting a whole sentance together

Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default A Very Common Practice Used To Address Cities

Quote:
I have heard of Tulsa Proper..Boston Proper..NYC Proper.....LA Proper
San Francisco Proper Should I Go On And On................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa