Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,829,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Is anyone else not too excited about this show??? :/
not excited but gonna watch. I like Bethenny, but small doses of her. Her self-promotion on FB is tiresome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,349,075 times
Glad to find this thread- will not watch. She is just such a shameless self promoter....plus her body type (big fake boobs, tiny skinny body) is really unpleasant to look at. Sorry, I know that's shallow.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,214,298 times
I'm not interested, I might Tivo it and watch if I get bored. Her 15 minutes are up for me.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM

I watched; mainly out of curiosity. Bethenny is out of control, She was mean. Downright hateful to Jason's parents. Made crude and rude remarks about his hometown,his friends,his old hang-out. Like none of that is cool enough for her. She needs to shut the F' up and imagine her life without Jason because if she continues on this path he might just get fed up with her. He didn't-at all- like some of the things she said to his parents. Just because Bethenny has no family is no reason to deprive Jason of his.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 PM

23,913 posts, read 33,722,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I watched; mainly out of curiosity. Bethenny is out of control, She was mean. Downright hateful to Jason's parents. Made crude and rude remarks about his hometown,his friends,his old hang-out. Like none of that is cool enough for her. She needs to shut the F' up and imagine her life without Jason because if she continues on this path he might just get fed up with her. He didn't-at all- like some of the things she said to his parents. Just because Bethenny has no family is no reason to deprive Jason of his.
She wasn't mean; she has a dry sense of humor.
My opinion of Jason & his parents is opposite of yours.
Do you have kids? It took them 5 hours for a 1 1/2 hour ride. I'm sure its not easy for her to leave her life to visit every 3 weeks. It also sounds like Jason sees them every 2 weeks; whether he takes Bryn or not; I'm not sure but it's a lot of work to stay at someones house; especially that often. My parents lived closer & didn't see my kids that often. Its a fact of life when kids grow up & have families & move. The parents can't expect Jason & Bethenny to spend every 3 weeks plus every holiday with them; they are newly weds; they need time to themselves as well. I'd be upset if my new husband left me & our newborn to see his mom & dad that often. I know he feels bad because he's their only son but come on; cut the apron strings. It may be easier if bethenny & Jason had their own small house close to the parents or maybe the parents should move closer to them?

I thought that the parents were actually a little strong with their wishes; I also feel we did not see the whole conversations

Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Do you have kids? It took them 5 hours for a 1 1/2 hour ride. I'm sure its not easy for her to leave her life to visit every 3 weeks. It also sounds like Jason sees them every 2 weeks; whether he takes Bryn or not; I'm not sure but it's a lot of work to stay at someones house; especially that often. My parents lived closer & didn't see my kids that often. Its a fact of life when kids grow up & have families & move. The parents can't expect Jason & Bethenny to spend every 3 weeks plus every holiday with them; they are newly weds; they need time to themselves as well. I'd be upset if my new husband left me & our newborn to see his mom & dad that often. I know he feels bad because he's their only son but come on; cut the apron strings. It may be easier if bethenny & Jason had their own small house close to the parents or maybe the parents should move closer to them?

I thought that the parents were actually a little strong with their wishes; I also feel we did not see the whole conversations
I know about her dry sense of humor. I've watched her on TV before she was even on RHONY. Her remarks tonight were mean and rude..........IMHO. You saw it from a different perspective-that's all. You're no more right than I am wrong.
Why are you asking me if I have kids? What's that got to do with anything about a tv show?? Bethenny needs to keep on seeing her psychiatrist and remember that even tho she has no family-Jason does. Kind of a package deal. She's selfish,tends to be rude and haughty.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:41 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,651,436 times
Quote:

TOTALLY agree with you. It's obvious they all love each other. Good to get it all on the table and work it out from there.

Car trips with babies are never easy. That's why Roselvr asked if you had kids-just an acknowledgement of what goes into packing up a baby for travel and a new environment. Didn't keep me home when my kids were little, but it IS a production.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,722,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I know about her dry sense of humor. I've watched her on TV before she was even on RHONY. Her remarks tonight were mean and rude..........IMHO. You saw it from a different perspective-that's all. You're no more right than I am wrong.
Why are you asking me if I have kids? What's that got to do with anything about a tv show?? Bethenny needs to keep on seeing her psychiatrist and remember that even tho she has no family-Jason does. Kind of a package deal. She's selfish,tends to be rude and haughty.
What I saw was them talking about her feelings before Bryn when she mentioned she didn't know them yet. I was with my hub 6 years before I met his parents & was pretty nervous meeting them for the 1st time; I also did not want to stay at their house. Now that I have spent time with his mom (dad passed after I met him) I'm more comfortable around her.

I asked if you have kids because then you'd understand where she's coming from with packing everything up & making the trip to see his parents. Bethanny has been on the road a lot the last year; I'm not sure if she takes Bryn; I'd imagine she does; so on the weekends she's not touring; she probably just wants to stay home.

Bethenny knows he has family; she knows Bryn is their only grand child & she's been spending time with his parents/letting his parents spend time with Bryn. I think her dry sense of humor makes her words come out different. I'm sure they'll figure everything out.

Over all; I thought the show was good. I wouldn't have included some of the conversations; but the network did.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,362,394 times
Quote:

I also agree with you. I also think it has to be hard for Bethenney to have these two grandparents who want to be completely involved when her own parents didn't seem to be very involved in her life from the get go. Of course, I don't really know her whole childhood history, but if I understand correctly, what a complete 180 for her as far as parent/child relationships between her and Jason.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM

so it's ok for her to completely diss the town he grew up with, his friends and her rude comments about people in the town with no teeth are appropriate? If Bethenny spends so much time on the road perhaps she should have thought that through before having a child. A child who fortunately does have grandparents who want to see her and be a part of her life. Bethenny is no longer single. She's part of a unit. If she wants to now lead the life of a single person she should divorce or learn to compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV