Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times

Advertisements

That last episode was far fetched!

Like bad guys would really take over a police station in a large modern city?

Like none of the police personnel had cell phones in the police station?

Seriously. How stupid do the writers think viewers are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
It's ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!! If I wanted "real life" or "reality" I would watch them! I know I am watching a tv series for entertainment!!! Who cares if the ideas are far fetched? It's not meant to be "real". Man, people need chill!!!!

It was a great episode and then ending was.....

I hope it comes back next season!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:15 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
Its not on the Sy Fy channel.

Looked more like Mexico. Things aren't that bad here yet.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It's ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!! If I wanted "real life" or "reality" I would watch them! I know I am watching a tv series for entertainment!!! Who cares if the ideas are far fetched? It's not meant to be "real". Man, people need chill!!!!
Come on! Every time they tried the police station telephones, I'm sure MOST viewers were saying, "Just use your cell phone!" They all use cell phones all the time on the show. How did every single officer and medical examiner suddenly not have a cell phone when they were under seige? I agree that it's entertainment, but writers should strive for some degree of realism.

Quote:
It was a great episode and then ending was.....
We know she'll live. The show is named after her! LOL

Quote:
I hope it comes back next season!!!!
I like the show. It has potential and deserves another season.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That last episode was far fetched!

Like bad guys would really take over a police station in a large modern city?

Like none of the police personnel had cell phones in the police station?

Seriously. How stupid do the writers think viewers are?
I have to agree, and there's no way an entire police station would be cleared out except for a few people. I know it's a TV show, and suspension of disbelief is required, but that episode was just too ridiculous for me. Also, that cop in the building with them turning out to be bad was so obvious, if the viewers could tell how could a supposedly good cop like Rizzolli be so oblivious?

I think this show does a disservice to a very appealing cast, it needs a lot of work. I'll watch if nothing else is on, but I can take it or leave it.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,667,344 times
the phones and cell phones didn't work because they brought in a signal jammer right when they came in the building. believable or not, it was dramatic. We enjoyed the show and they did say it will be back next summer.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM

39,922 posts, read 26,628,986 times
I like the character played by Angie Harmon. She's great as a strong, confident female lead. A couple of years ago, I really liked Women's Murder Club. This is a bit similar (though not quite as good) and I enjoy the show. I like the fact that the forensic part doesn't go all over the top "science fictioney" like CSI or Bones.

Just the same, I'm getting sick of cop shows as well as medical dramas and lawyer shows. Can't Hollywood come up with something original?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 02-03-2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I have to agree, and there's no way an entire police station would be cleared out except for a few people. I know it's a TV show, and suspension of disbelief is required, but that episode was just too ridiculous for me. Also, that cop in the building with them turning out to be bad was so obvious, if the viewers could tell how could a supposedly good cop like Rizzolli be so oblivious?

I think this show does a disservice to a very appealing cast, it needs a lot of work. I'll watch if nothing else is on, but I can take it or leave it.

I wonder what happened last week when a perp started shooting up some real police station?? Didn't hear much about that, just video of the cops shooting for their lives.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
I wonder what happened last week when a perp started shooting up some real police station?? Didn't hear much about that, just video of the cops shooting for their lives.
It happened in Detroit, the gunman, who was wanted for kidnapping a child, walked in and started shooting in the lobby at the front desk, there were many cops around and they took him down in probably less that a minute, he never made it past the front area. There were some injuries, but the only person who died was the shooter, that's why it didn't make that much news. Police stations never empty out to deal with one thing, that's crazy.

Last edited by detshen; 02-03-2011 at 07:36 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,842 times
I'm sorry, but television is entertainment, unless it's called a reality show. I watch to escape reality, esp. after a crappy day at school or work. Look at the reviews on movies like Avatar, or the show The Good Wife. There are plenty of movies and tv shows that aren't realistic. As you can tell, I'm a fan. I watch because I love the premise and I love the literal, somewhat weird character played by Sasha Alexander. The rappor between the two main characters is awesome. Sorry, there are some that don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV