Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,375,439 times

Advertisements

If somebody makes a huge homophobic comment, thus annoying everyone.....shut up!!!!!! Don't go on some rant about how you hate somebody. People might forget the homophobic remark and jump on your back.

I missed the first episode. Why was he wearing $1,600 shoes. Was everyone at some meeting at an office preparing for the show and Jeff said "We're going now", with no warning?

Did Jimmy Johnson admit who he was at the start? I know who he is, but if he gave a fake name, I might just think, "Wow, he looks like Jimmy Johnson"

Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM

874 posts, read 1,663,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Old Tribe - would not have won without the power medallion - and that does not bode well.

Brenda - she's really good at making an innocent comment that starts trouble, seeds doubt or plays along without actually committing herself. Very very slick. She's a contender no doubt but not sure how much I like her.

I thought Alina's comment about Shannon and Chase was dead on.

I agree with these three points.

Shannon may be a homophobe which you can dislike all you want at home, but he was willing to lead and willing to be up front and honest and make decisions, enter alliances and apparently very big on his word. Strong physically etc. Not so sure he was the best choice to vote out pre-merge. They would certainly be stronger had they voted out Naontka who they know is a drama queen, not to mention would have put a dent in the minority alliance. Without him they are all over the map.

The key word there is apparently. We don't know if he would have backstabbed people, but my sense of him is that he would if he needed to in order to win. I don't know if he was the best choice either, but he was obviously hot headed and probably difficult to live with. He made some really ignorant comments and that may have changed some minds.

As far as him being some kind of leader, I think that's true, but that's also threatening to those not on his alliance. I also don't know who knew about the minority alliance.

Interesting to note that Alani(?) and Fabio both carried through on their votes for Brenda but the others who were originally going to switched.
So, at least they realize that she's a major threat.
I think Alina did, but I'm not sure about Fabio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
If somebody makes a huge homophobic comment, thus annoying everyone.....shut up!!!!!! Don't go on some rant about how you hate somebody. People might forget the homophobic remark and jump on your back.

I totally agree.

I missed the first episode. Why was he wearing $1,600 shoes. Was everyone at some meeting at an office preparing for the show and Jeff said "We're going now", with no warning?

Did Jimmy Johnson admit who he was at the start? I know who he is, but if he gave a fake name, I might just think, "Wow, he looks like Jimmy Johnson"
I think Dan just likes his shoes. Jimmy did admit to who he was. I think he probably didn't want to have to make up some fake life story. It's easy to forget details and get caught in a lie. I also think him saying he's not a threat is a strategy to get himself to the end.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,038,104 times
Right now the younger tribe is ripe for the picking. Brenda is in the right place at the right time to take control, with Chase as her muscle.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,265,490 times
Clothes seems to be one of those mysteries we don't know much about. It seems obvious and intuitive that after the first few seasons people would show up in survival gear clothes - unless they aren't allowed to which is what I suspect.
I think they make them dress like they would normally dress so everyone gets a sense of who they are, their personalities, that they look like what they are.
I also think that they decide on the bathing suits and men's wear. Actually this year both the girls and mens wear seems very uniform for the young tribe, similar looking suits for the women, and similar underwear for the boys. Somehow they've allowed the old team to wear more to their own comfort level. That in and of itself seems a little weird. I read last season the one girl was really mad about her bathing suit, she hated it but they made her wear it (the polka dots with the little frill).

I don't condone or agree with Shannon's views. But if Survivor is all about not going to tribal council - I still think there were better choices. You can't go out there and think your going to make to the end if you vote based on whether you like someone or agree with their views. So if the vote was split btw Brenda and Chase, at least a couple of his group flipped on him at tribal based on not liking what he said. It happens all the time when people pop off at tribal, big mistake. I still think that for the people that flipped, well it makes them look weak and wishy washy to me. I bet the ones that flipped go about half way, get used then dumped. What if Parvo had dumped Russel because she didn't like him?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:29 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,038,104 times
Getting rid of Shannon right now was not the smartest thing. With him you're stronger, sure his views may not be the same, but use him to further the tribe. Would Brenda have been a good choice in place of him? I don't think so right now. You have to put personnal feelings aside before the merger, keep your tribe strong. If they had voted Jud off, I don't think they would've lost anything.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 PM

I think Shannon's personality was just not conducive to the group. Russell wasn't really overly disruptive to the groups functioning, where I think Shannon really rubbed people the wrong way and I don't think that would have changed had they voted out Brenda.

If it were me voting, it would have been a toss up. I think Brenda is far more dangerous in the long-term. I just don't know if I would have been able to put up with Shannon after tribal. Shannon was clearly dangerous as well, but not as cunning as Brenda.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,696,371 times
I wonder if the producers told them what they had to wear. Remember Lil and her Boy Scout uniform? I'm pretty sure she said they made her wear it and that it wasn't her idea.

I laughed quite hard during Jimmy Johnson's trip/fall. Too funny!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM

When did he trip or fall?

Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,913,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
All I've got to say is Nano Nano has got to go. A pathetic excuse for anything human.
I kind of wonder if a monkey messed with her sock because when she started complaining how one of her socks was not in her shoe, the cameras immediately panned to a monkey up in the tree.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:04 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,696,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
When did he trip or fall?
During the challenge. I'm easily amused by that sort of thing, so I can see why not everyone would've noticed it happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV