Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,411,385 times

Advertisements

I thought it was strange that Jimmy J did not lobby the other players to stay in the game! He could have stayed in by just talking to people and putting the target on someone else.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,459,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post

I thought it was strange that Jimmy J did not lobby the other players to stay in the game! He could have stayed in by just talking to people and putting the target on someone else.
I think he was being honest about not caring about winning the million and just wanted the experience. And now that he's had the experience, he was tired and hungry and ready to go home.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,188,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Worse than Russhole?
worse then Russhole AND Johnny Fairplay in his first time at bat.....

Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

worse then Russhole AND Johnny Fairplay in his first time at bat.....
Johnny Fairplay was an idiot who pulled off a mean-spirited prank, but he wasn't evil or set out to sabotage other players.

Russhole actually sabotaged his team, risking their health by dumping out their potable water, stole people's belongings and actually set them on fire.

Noanka has a big mouth, but shoving someone out of the way of getting to a HI clue is nothing new (Amanda vs Parvati actually turned into a slap fight!). She talks smack, but so far she hasn't actually put Kelly B's leg on the fire. As soon as she does that, I'll elevate her above Russhole on the evil scale.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,495,421 times
Quote:
Worse than Russhole?
"Ima take exception to that. Ah was never angry on the show. O contraire mawn frair, Ah was havin' a great tahm. Ah loved votin' out stupid girls, cause Ah was an' am Russhole Hantz! Ah got annoyed when some folks didn't stay on board with mah game plan which was desaghned purely to help Russhole, an' Ah couldn't understand whah they dint just go alaong with it all the tahm. Them people actually trahd to play Survivor for their own benefit instead of Russhole's! Can you believe that nonsense? An' it got 'em voted out, too. An' Ah woulda won if there'd been any justice, but there ain't. Because Ah decide what the winnin' criteria are, an' if you disagree with me, well, you oughta begin agreein' 'cause yer wraong."

Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,226,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
And the other Jimmy-who claims he's so strong as a player and is a FISHERMAN--has he caught fish for the team???
I've only seen Jimmy J and the girls fishing. You'd think Jimmy would be putting the feast on the table daily. He'll be gone soon.

Quote:
Naonka is a microscope on one of the reasons our kids are failing in schools across the country. That they allow that woman to have any influence over children is a crime. She's an embarrassment.
If she was my kid's PE teacher I'd be talking to the school board about why she is teaching.

OK I hear y'all on your reasons for not liking Jimmy J or wanting him to be voted off. Here is my stand on they should have kept him a little longer.

Know nothing about him professionally other than he coached the Cowboys.
Yes he was physically weak but he was good at reading people and getting their problem taken care of. Look at Holly after talking to him and I think he did show good leadership skills. I do think he waited to long to replace the dude that was throwing the bags at first.

Dan should have been voted out last night he is another weak link but he wasn't contributing anything to the team or camp that I saw or heard of.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,013 times
I think they should have kept Jimmy J. They didn't show it with all the edits but in his career he has successfully assessed risk, taken losses, reassessed game plans, stayed calm under pressure, yelled at players when they needed it, soothed players when they needed it. All pretty good experience.
Jimmy T on the other seems to be an emotionally weak whiny old lady in an old mans body that is a legend in his own mind. These are mature adults, they aren't all going to kowtow to him like some 18 yr old grateful to get a job, any job, on his fishing boat.
Physically he is only marginally stronger than some of the others. Guess we'll see if he's right about himself.
I don't mind the other guy that's trying to take control so much - at least he's thinking about stuff even if you don't agree with his plays. Maybe its the edits but the others are all just sort of doing their own thing. Although it does seem like finally there is a tribe not rushing into alliances before individual immunity.
Looks like the Dr. lady is trying Sandra's strategy - as long as it isn't me I'll vote for whoever. To the letter.
Generally - I think they tried to give the old try a chance with more non-physical challenges but for whatever reason - the majority of the old players aren't going to survive.
Jimmy J - yes I think he convinced himself, or maybe it was true from the beginning, that he couldn't win the million because he was already rich. I don't think that's true myself. But once he believed it or thought about it seriously, other people being voted out before him just wouldn't seem right.

Boy Shannon's alliance is screwed. NoOinker getting the hidden immunity clue is going to help out the minority alliance. Funny she had no idea how to solve it and went running to Brenda. She never would have shared it if she'd been able to figure it out.
I gotta wonder if she's as bad as she seem in the interviews - and many she has a whole LOT more interviews than anyone else - because the rest of the tribe doesn't seem to be hating on her as much as you would think considering what we've seen.
Really I don't even remember much else to think about regarding the young team - it was all NoOinker going off in interviews.
I do think that chick who didn't grab it right away made a HUGE mistake. Her alliance should be peeved.

I thought Jeff was AGAIN being to involved at Tribal council - he needs to cut that s*** out.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I do think he waited to long to replace the dude that was throwing the bags at first.
See, this is what I didn't like about the team dynamic with Jimmy J in there. Why were they deferring to him on who would throw the bags in that challenge in the first place? Why didn't any of them just step up, grab a bag and tell the fireman dude to step aside?

I'll tell you why. . . He's Jimmy Johnson, the coach. Bow down and let the coach tell you what to do since he's the "pro".

WHAT?

Their team isn't called The Jimmy Johnsons, it's called the La Flor team. And as long as Jimmy Johnson stayed in the game, everybody was going to keep deferring to him and probably still losing! Jimmy T was right to insist he be put in. And the fact that it turned into Jimmy Johnson's call, and he made it too late, it cost them the challenge, so they not only lost immunity, but lost the herb garden, oils and spices. He's the reason they lost the challenge, and it's typical for the person who causes the loss to be on the chopping block in this game.

Marty's right -- maybe now they'll start playing Survivor instead of Follow the Leader or Father May I.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,495,421 times
Looks pretty evident to me that both of the taller older white guys targeting Jimmy Johnson had entertained grand notions of coming in and being alpha males, and having a famous leader among them completely cut the legs out from under that concept. So they stupidly voted out the only person in the game who absolutely could not beat them (no one is going to give him another mill), and if he went to the final two with someone would probably have said to the jury: "Give it to him/her, you know I don't need it; just getting here is the crowning experience."

At the start I was rooting for the elders. Now I'm completely okay with it if they get picked off one by one. It took a whole tribe's complacency and silliness to go along with their new idiot leaders, and those two will soon be clawing at each other for alpha status. It's a drag because I like Tyrone and the elder women, but on some level a majority of them went along with this garbage, so they will get what's coming.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,257,563 times
I'm sorry to see Jimmy Johnson go because of pure jealousy on Marty's part. Dan should have been the one to go. Shame on the sheep.

NaOinker needs to go ASAP but the old farts need to win for that to possibly happen! I'd like to see Kelly B take that leg off and whack NaOinker so it's light's out!

Good to see you, honey! Now don't you fret about them comparing NaOinker to you, she's got you beat by a vicious mile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV