Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times

Advertisements

becuase the braindead seem to think that STRONG only means STRONG LIKE BULL....not mentally capable of dancing rings around the rest of them....

Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,156,087 times
Survivor has evolved over the years into something pretty lame... it's still fairly entertaining but as a competition it is BS, luck and is way too much about the social game.

There is no building of teams anymore (only selfish alliances)

Even smart and hardworking survivors who provide food, firewood, ideas around camp... are now targeted and not valued (which blows)

Many of the competitions are silly: this past one had all this barrel rolling and whatnot, yet it all came down to one-on-one bag throwing. (lame)

And too many puzzles... next time I go camping, it won't matter if I can hike 20 miles, fish, build a shelter, etc. ... but doing the Rubiks cube will be whats important. (lame)

So I tape it and do alot of fastforwarding, stopping for competitions and Brenda in a bikini.

It used to be better... and think it needs to be cancelled.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
becuase the braindead seem to think that STRONG only means STRONG LIKE BULL....not mentally capable of dancing rings around the rest of them....
It's kind of a mirror of America. If someone is really intelligent, that makes them a threat, not an asset. The best way to avoid negative attention is to seem as intellectually non-threatening (i.e. stupid) as possible.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Then all the ghetto talk and gyrations, setting things back 50 years.
No, no, no she ain't ghetto she is hood 'member?

Now I forget who said Dimples need to zip it at TC. Hey now he has to get his camera time so I get my fill until next week. Don't be slamming on my Dimples.

You know as much as I couldn't stand Russhole he did keep his team together even through the merge. They came from behind too now why aren't folks taking a clue from that move????

Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,552,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
No, no, no she ain't ghetto she is hood 'member?
Say now, is there really a difference? When will Nanook finally figure out she's not in da' hood? (not by a long shot)

Quote:
You know as much as I couldn't stand Russhole he did keep his team together even through the merge. They came from behind too now why aren't folks taking a clue from that move????
I just don't see the old folks winning anything anytime soon. I don't see the Young Tribe going all "Galu" and losing much of anything to the few remaining Fogey tribe mates once merge time hits, but it is early..

Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Geez, a BB I couldn't wait to be over, now a Survivor I don't really care about already! Am I burnt out and need to "step away" from these shows?? Or do they need to get better contestants like they used to have??

Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Geez, a BB I couldn't wait to be over, now a Survivor I don't really care about already! Am I burnt out and need to "step away" from these shows?? Or do they need to get better contestants like they used to have??

You must be desensitized from all your reality shows maybe you do need a break. But after this season of Survivor is over of course.

I do wish most of these reality shows and their "celebrities" would just go away. I don't watch any other game/race show I don't believe. Of course I put up with dorks just to get a look at Dimples as well.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 PM

874 posts, read 1,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
It's kind of a mirror of America. If someone is really intelligent, that makes them a threat, not an asset. The best way to avoid negative attention is to seem as intellectually non-threatening (i.e. stupid) as possible.
JJ was a threat. He was likable and if he'd made it to the end, there's a chance that he still would have won because he dodged so many "bullets". I don't think they should have voted him off when they did, but I think him calling himself weak really didn't help his case for staying in the game.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,340,188 times
They should just get more regular people for these games. Do away with alliances, make it more fun when they vote someone off, instead of the producers trying to make us think it's going one way, when we know already who is going. We aren't stupid.

What is with that stupid girl from the hood, she is threatening to throw the fake leg in the fire. I hope if she tries it, that she falls in too. I hate people that mess with others like that. Also, that woman on the older tribe that filled the shoes with sand and put them in the water. But come on, a couple thousand for a pair of shoes? Crazy.
Some of those challenges are just not good for the older people. They need more challenges using their brains, then they can beat the younger tribe. Not that I have anything against them, but the way they refer to the older tribe as "The old people" is irritating.
I am thinking they will be doing a surprise switch of the tribes soon. I hope so.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:06 AM

10,041 posts, read 9,545,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Naonka is a microscope on one of the reasons our kids are failing in schools across the country. That they allow that woman to have any influence over children is a crime. She's an embarrassment.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV