Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 PM

18,969 posts, read 11,630,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
You hurt my heart until I peeked at your spoiler. Just make sure it has plenty of pics of Dimples and Colby please. Gee toos that is awful nice of you.
Oh gosh, you weren't supposed to see that - now the surprise is ruined and we'll have to come up with something else...maybe a gingham housecoat or fuzzy slippers...

Old 10-21-2010, 04:21 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,226,484 times
Giesela I couldn't open your video with my country computer. A lot of players through the seasons have put the cart before the horse when deciding who to vote off unfortunately.

I'm still in the camp Jimmy J. should still be there before Dan is. Tyrone being gone was foolish too when he is needed for challenges he was better than some that are still there.

Since Survivor started recruiting cast members casting has gone way down hill. Wish they went back to folks submitting videos to them then they interview. I suppose normal farmers/ranchers, bus drivers, cooks, SAHMs are to boring compared to models, actors, millionaires and hot bodies.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Oh gosh, you weren't supposed to see that - now the surprise is ruined and we'll have to come up with something else...maybe a gingham housecoat or fuzzy slippers...
Oh no please I have short term memory loss I promise.

What wasn't I suppose to see?

Last edited by Jaxson; 10-21-2010 at 04:39 PM..

Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,459,762 times
Brenda and her cabal are idiots. That's all.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:32 PM

874 posts, read 1,662,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Wow, Yve's day after "interview" is really heartbreaking (maybe just a little too much but very sincere) and I really agree with everything she says.
I liked Yve a lot, but I think they knew she was smart and a threat. They think they can use Dan more because he's less of a threat.

I'm not sure if it's an issue of casting or just some people that have already seen the show as far as wanting to backstab people. You shouldn't be on Survivor if you think that you can play a perfect and honest game because it's likely that you won't be able to.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
And be sure to check out several treats in the video player below, including: an exclusive deleted scene from last night’s episode
From Jeff's blog so can one of you please tell me what the scene was about?

Quote:
This is the risk you run when you recruit contestants. Dan was spotted in a bar in Miami by someone in casting and asked to apply for the show. He wasn't a fan. It wasn't his lifelong dream to play Survivor. Someone asked him if he wanted to be on TV and he said "Sure. Why not?"
OK this was on Dalton's blog now you KNOW they listen to him if they let him back every season. Plus all the folks griping about casting on Jeff's and Dalton's blogs. Wonder when they are going to start listening to stop casting?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,907,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
From Jeff's blog so can one of you please tell me what the scene was about?

OK this was on Dalton's blog now you KNOW they listen to him if they let him back every season. Plus all the folks griping about casting on Jeff's and Dalton's blogs. Wonder when they are going to start listening to stop casting?
Na made triple the amount of rice before tribal council so everyone would be satisfied and not suffer so much watching the other tribe feasting. Ben seemed worried that it was too much and that they would run out of rice quicker.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Na made triple the amount of rice before tribal council so everyone would be satisfied and not suffer so much watching the other tribe feasting. Ben seemed worried that it was too much and that they would run out of rice quicker.
OK thanks I thought it was going to be some big thang. Darn.

I touched on this last night without naming names but how lame was Dan not even getting one rope ring in his fanny pack? Here was a challenge his physical limitations could handle and he didn't seem to really be trying.

This season's starting tribes makeup then mixing up the teams is kind of pointless don't ya think? I mean at the merge the youngin's can go back with their original players but in the mean time both sides now can be picking off old farts.

Jill needs to start thinking for herself aligning with Marty has put a target on her back now. But then again they didn't vote out Marty when they had the chance.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:11 PM

Oops forgot to ask one more thing. With my slow country computer I am so old school but a friend on mine said there is a page on FB calling for Nay to get fired from her PE job. True? Link please?

I suppose I better go start looking for an old pot belly wood burning stove to put in my old school computer. Wonder if my country computer would melt down if I sat it near the stove?

Suppose I better clarify it isn't the actual computer but lame AT&T not putting in new ditch lines since 1908. Well they seem that darn old.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:23 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,013 times
Jaxson - on the Yve day after thing you didn't miss a lot. Just how sincerely she wanted to be there. I got the impression she wasn't recruited because she kept say it took her TWO YEARS to get on the show. Really she was just heartbroken to be voted off so early. I don't think the million was it for her, she sounded like a real show fan and just wanted to be there and play. She did say that its hard not to take it personally when being voted off, when you are a good camp worker, easy to get along with etc., is like everyone saying - we don't want you here, we don't like you. I think her feelings were a little hurt but mostly she just couldn't believe she didn't get to be there longer and thought they were making all the wrong moves and didn't understand that. She did own up to not moving fast enough after the tribe switch to get to know people and figure out what was going on. She said she worked really hard around camp and in 15 days only took 1 nap on the beach, which was after the switchup. She said the lack of food, sleep and rain may have made her mentally a little slower and she didn't realize it so that's what she attributed to not reacting faster after the switchup. She also said though that she matched everyone out there for stamina and did not foresee her having any problems lasting with good stamina to the end. She said the bugs, rain etc. didn't bother her nearly as much as many of the others - but that again just made it worse for her because it was just another way she was so prepared to stay and it didn't happen.
She's the only contestant I've seen that really went on that way, was trying so hard not to cry.

The thing about recruiting that really CHAPS MY A** is that not only are the people recruiting ruining the show by doing a pi** poor job - they are probably getting paid a lot o money to do a crappy job at it!

While we sit out here working our tails off at jobs we probably only marginally like, not making much and all we ask is to come home and enjoy our favorite show. I think they are all having a good time going to parties to recruit and forgetting who the customer is. Or maybe they just don't care. Anyone got some lotion?

Last edited by Giesela; 10-22-2010 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV