Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 05:19 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,071,118 times

Advertisements

The season finale was touching. Doc martin & his wife will stay together & they both kissed at the end of the program. I was hoping to see the policeman & janet go on a date but maybe in season 8. Janet has been married & divorced twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,673,291 times
I have watched the whole series and it just breaks my heart. If you watch it all at once, you notice the characters aging. Everybody but the baby. And Burt Large.

The first time we saw Martin's parents...... did anyone find humor in that?

Do we want Louisa and Martin to stay together? I guess they had to show that Louisa was a little skewed too or we would start wondering why she bothered. Can you actually imagine Martin and Louisa having sex? Wouldn't it be terribly unhygienic? Would he have to bathe, change the bed, put on a pair of freshly ironed pajamas?

Louisa would just want to put on her snore reducer and go to sleep.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,853,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Doc has gotten too rough around the edges. He used to have charm. Now he's just bitter.

And with Auntie Joan dead, it just isn't the same. I don't care for the new auntie, and I'm not fond of the new receptionist. It's just gotten too bitter.

I'll continue to watch and I hope it's true there will be more episodes, but I don't look forward to it like I used to.
I was disappointed when Auntie Joan, died. Have always love that actress....she is ok; just moved on to other parts, I think. The new Auntie and the receptionist seem to meld into their parts. I miss the gal that played the receptionist, too; but I have seen her in another show.....can't remember the name, but she is a good actress, to be sure.

Don't give up, gets better!!!!

I love Doc Martin, so much. Have checked out the movies at the library, and some tv episodes. British sitcoms are so wonderful. Why is that? Their sense of humor is the best!!!! To me, anyway.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:32 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,480,141 times
I just finished season 6. I am looking forward to season 7 hitting Netflix. I have no idea when that will be though.

I have grown a bit attached to Al and Burt Large and PC Penhale.

I am waiting for Morwenna and Al to become a couple. They would be such a cute couple!

I really hope Martin can learn to open up to Louisa. Gonna be a rough road though, I am sure.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:02 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,673,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I just finished season 6. I am looking forward to season 7 hitting Netflix. I have no idea when that will be though.

I am waiting for Morwenna and Al to become a couple. They would be such a cute couple!

I really hope Martin can learn to open up to Louisa. Gonna be a rough road though, I am sure.

You can watch the whole thing online with a free trial of Acorn

Old 03-31-2016, 12:02 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,480,141 times
Thanks for the tip

Old 03-31-2016, 01:26 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,617,588 times
Quote:

I have never liked PC Penhale; though I don't mind the Larges too much.

I really liked the ending of Season 7; and am looking forward to seeing what happens in Season 8.

Poor Doc Martin has a hard time opening up to anyone, much less the woman he loves. There is never any doubt that he loves her, though. It's just unsure whether that love is enough.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:32 PM

10,123 posts, read 6,496,685 times
As much as I love Doc Martin, I almost wish they had just ended the series at the conclusion of Season 7. It was such a perfect moment between Martin and Louisa that I hate to see further conflict between them in the future. And I say this as someone who will watch any program that has Eileen Atkins in it (Aunt Ruth).

Old 04-01-2016, 03:34 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,251,681 times
there is no next season. Its over

Old 04-01-2016, 04:15 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,045,616 times
Quote:

PC Penhale is my favorite character. He's the ultimate Keystone Cop, but he so much means well and takes his job so seriously.

Pauline and Al were a couple; I don't think I could accept him becoming half of a couple with a new receptionist. Pauline was one of my favorites. I especially loved the show where Louisa gave birth and Pauline broadcast it via her cell phone through a megaphone, with the entire village listening in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV