Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,343,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
That may very well be the case, but in my opinion, Casey was acting a bit way over the top. It seemed forced and fake to me. Not everyone has to agree, but to me he didn't seem genuine. As I said, I love him and think he is great and so glad he got to stay.
Did you see this article?

'American Idol' Contestant Takes Fall After Show | TMZ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,369,888 times
Casey has been over the top since day 1... his reaction was on par/normal for Casey.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,642,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Casey has been over the top since day 1... his reaction was on par/normal for Casey.
LOL - good point!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,761,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The way he was acting had nothing to do with whether he collapsed or not. He wasn't acting sick, just weird and forced and it appeared to me to be putting on a big act. I get that he isn't well, but that had nothing to do with his actions. It was just a bad acting job in my OPINION.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:40 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,178,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
The way he was acting had nothing to do with whether he collapsed or not. He wasn't acting sick, just weird and forced and it appeared to me to be putting on a big act. I get that he isn't well, but that had nothing to do with his actions. It was just a bad acting job in my OPINION.
Acting? It almost looked like he was having a full blown panic attack to me. The gripping his clothes, holding his head, hyperventilating. I think it was real. I think he was on the verge of a panic attack when he was singing for his save and it hit him as soon as he finished. They can be very scary and people do look and act wierd sometimes having them..almost like an out of body experience. Just a nurse's take on it!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM

36,505 posts, read 16,100,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
LOL - good point!
Agree, I'm glad they saved him, he is special and over the top

Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 PM

16,180 posts, read 32,597,687 times
Wow, tonight has been totally amazing so far. The only one that I haven't liked is Naima. I could even tolerate Paul this week which is normally difficult for me.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,403,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Kris, who? In the latest AI book I just finished, at one of the stops during the tour, Kris Allen looks out on the crowd, most of them holding signs supporting Adam. He comments, "Who voted for me? I thought people who either don't like gays or supported Danny Gokey and also don't spend money on albums. LOL. I liked Kris myself, but not enough to spend money for his album.

No matter what AI management says, I believe the decision to have 11 contestants on the tour was based on Casey's health probems. He was the front runner. and it looked like he would be one of the final ten. It makes sense to have an extra person on tour to fill in the gap. Hopefully, Casey will relax once he gets on tour and does not have the stress related to competition.
BTW - Adam never addressed his sexuality during the competition. It was raised by AI management, but Adam chose not to go public. He came out the month he was on the cover of Rolling Stone.
While I understand Casey's ambition and drive and artistry to take advantage of this opportunity, I just worry about his colitis. The judges are so gaga over him. But if he's going to the hospital in between shows, there's no way he's cut out for this kind of life. This is a tough tough business, which is why all the shenanigans with who's in and who's out don't bother me. It's bootcamp for the real deal. And if he thinks the competition is tough, wait till he goes on tour. It could kill him. And no "opportunity" is worth that.

That being said, I worry about James, too. An earlier post mentioned that a decade or two ago he would have easily been institutionalized for his tourettes and aspergers, yet here he is. I'm amazed by him and think he's incredibly talented. For his sake, I hope he doesn't win AI. Outside of that win, he can still sign with the producers, but operate at a less hectic pace with fewer expectations.

You know the producers have it all planned by the top 5. I don't think they care who the tweenies vote for. That's just to get people invested in buying the albums and downloads. If they think they have a Clarkson or Underwood on their hands, they are already on the move.

Re: Jacob - Absolutely gay. And that's not bigoted or racist. That's an observation. Could it get in his way? Absolutely. He would normally pull the gospel crowd, but that could cost him some votes. He will easily find a place and will do very well. But win AI? Prolly not. I like that the producer called it -- too dramatic is too much. The crying stuff is old and feels inauthentic. Sort of a thing he has always done to get attention or to say he's into it, but it doesn't ring true. And he doesn't have the "star" quality that they are looking for.

Who knows what the tweenies will do? I have time for a couple of votes, but I can't sit there for hours and vote like they do.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,403,034 times
i just finally got through to vote. I'm in North Dakota right now for work. When i got through to vote they said they were unable to process it. Why? I'm in the wrong time zone for my area code? Dang.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,369,888 times
Lol, I'm in North Dakota and I might actually vote. In my personal opinion Casey, Haley and Paul killed it tonight.

I fast forwarded through Pia... I can't sit through her singing another slow song. She is boring me to tears.

I wasn't too fond of Scott who I usually like, I really liked Lauren.

I think Thia and Naima should go home, and I like Naima but that song was just weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV