Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I have always thought it was fixed. And really Scotty? the best looking? EWWWWW. James has it in the looks department. I mean he's no Stefano, but out of all the guys, he is the best looking...IMO. If james doesn't win this thing with the talent he has, it is so fixed. And adam Lambert should have won, but I don't think they wanted a gay Idol. People are moron. Kara was on something and she said it was fixed as well. She wrote a book or something and it was in there.

That was a big mistake last night. it is VERY obvious to everyone now that the producers are choosing. There is no way Jacob got more votes than Casey. The judges even looked shocked. They must not be in on it, or they are just good actors.
I find that hard to believe, especially when the judges & producers favorite was Pia. She got voted out a couple weeks back. Look she already got signed by Jimmy's label. If they really fixed it, she would have won.

James wont win for the same reason Adam didn't win. He really to me is a poor man's Adam. It works and he has fun. Great but he doesn't hold a candle to Lambert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,171,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I find that hard to believe, especially when the judges & producers favorite was Pia. She got voted out a couple weeks back. Look she already got signed by Jimmy's label. If they really fixed it, she would have won.

James wont win for the same reason Adam didn't win. He really to me is a poor man's Adam. It works and he has fun. Great but he doesn't hold a candle to Lambert.
Adam indeed was talented but I like Jame's backstory . Adam came from a wealthy family and had lots of support. James has triumphed over Tourette's syndrome, Asperger's and being a young father working to put food on the table for his wife & son. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Stephen Tyler took James under his wing win or lose.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,363,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

James and Adam Lambert have similar voices, however their styles are very different. Lambert is more of an edgy pop singer, James is a rocker. Once AI is over I highly doubt they'll be competing with one another because they sing different genres.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,555,576 times
Adam albums you have whatever top 40 but the rest is more for listening on a car trip its kinda mellow.
I was hoping when I bought his CD I would have something to get groovy with.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Stefano may be a good singer, but he was nowhere near the best on that show.

I listened... and it was good, but not great.
Gotta love Seacrest for getting that Taylor Hicks dig in on Casey's exit results show...but will Hicks make an appearance next week

To each his or her own. Stefano certainly fits Idols original concept much better than Casey. American born, but half italian - half latino, all american boy - played sports as well as musical instruments, good looking but yet short, so that little bit of vulnerability to kick around lol. Walking around with steel plates in his body for the sympathy factor.

He had never heard this song "Hello" but made it his own...so tender and sweet

YouTube - true HD American Idol 2011 Top 11 (Mar 23) Stefano Langone

Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

He had never heard this song "Hello" but made it his own...so tender and sweet

YouTube - true HD American Idol 2011 Top 11 (Mar 23) Stefano Langone
Eh, he did an almost identical version to the original.

David Cook did a much better job of "making it his own"

YouTube - David Cook- Hello

Old 04-30-2011, 07:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,880 times
I think it's all good. I'm enjoying the growth that we're seeing in every contestant. I think more than anything, this is a boot camp for AI's franchise. It's like the farm teams in baseball. The voting and all that is just to drill it into their farm team that fame comes and goes, fans are fickle, and no matter what - talent endures. Each of them is winning in their own way. I think that can be said for the top 25.

All got some exposure. All were able to see what "at the top" looks like. They get to see that the entertainment business is brutal and hard work. Some probably go home and sink into the couch and eat ice cream for a year just to get over the shock of the brutal side of this business, deciding this isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Others will be heroes in their home towns for a long time. Some will get signed right away. Some will do better than we expect and some will do one album and disappear.

A recent people magazine has interesting stats on idols in the news. A lot of cool stuff. Carrie has sold the most albums. I think 14 have been nominated for or won a music award of some kind. Didn't have a chance to write it down, but you can check it out. I think Steve Tyler is on the cover... I was reading it in the tornado shelter - so couldn't take it with me. (YES! I was in Little Rock for the tornado!!!!! That changes your perspective! One touched down 1 block from our hotel. The rain was stunning. Couldn't see one foot past it...Happy to be alive!! Good reminder that God is in charge and all our little musings and hissy fits aren't all that important.)

Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Eh, he did an almost identical version to the original.

David Cook did a much better job of "making it his own"

YouTube - David Cook- Hello
I saw that recently and never watched IA the year Cook was on. I grew up with rock and that was more of a rock/pop rendition that just doesn't grab me like Stefano's tone and range of voice does, which he did make the song his own pop version in the shorter time limit they are allowed on Idol. It has more passion to me than the original. He could have added more to it if given the full length of the song. I like what he did with it though, took an old classic and put a different spin on it with his voice.

Cook did a good job but just not a performer that has or will grab my attention. His last performance recently on IA as a guest singing his current music, was nothing spectacular to me.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 PM

8,818 posts, read 21,295,327 times
Well, to this senior citizen, they are all wonderful . They're all so young and full of promise . I enjoy watching them grow and come alive .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Well, to this senior citizen, they are all wonderful . They're all so young and full of promise . I enjoy watching them grow and come alive .
My sentiments exactly--from another senior citizen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV