Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,303,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
My sentiments exactly! Apparently you and I are the only two who could hear that. Terribly off key on the first song. There was almost not a single note he sang that wasn't flat or sharp or just plain wrong in the first song. Until last night I really haven't missed Simon because most of the time his criticism was just silly. But not one judge telling James he didn't hit a right note in the entire song? Ridiculous. He'd never have gotten away with that with Simon.

Actually they did tell James he was off on the second song, but they said his emotion carried it. Who they were not honest with was Jacob, he sounded horrible, I find it very amusing that week after week they slam Hailey but never Jacob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,476 times
Ugh! Haley was awful! She has a bug up her just because J-Lo and Randy gave her constructive criticism. You could see the tude all over her face- it was killing her! LOL... It's a competition and she needs to listen to the feedback from the panel!

Jacob is going to go home tonight. He would be good in gospel music. He seems so genuine at least!

Lauren/James will be the top 2 at the end. Scotty will go on to the country world and make cd's also. He is very genuine too!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,279,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
My sentiments exactly! Apparently you and I are the only two who could hear that. Terribly off key on the first song. There was almost not a single note he sang that wasn't flat or sharp or just plain wrong in the first song. Until last night I really haven't missed Simon because most of the time his criticism was just silly. But not one judge telling James he didn't hit a right note in the entire song? Ridiculous. He'd never have gotten away with that with Simon.
I agree with you and other posters who thought James was off key last night. Did I hear Steven say he's ready for Freddie Mercury? LOL. Jacob, as usual, was the worst. I"m really disgusted with JLo and Randy's assessment of Haley's first performance last night. Haley was right to say "I should listen to my gut." From the beginning, I've loved that she says what she thinks. When Haley takes a chance with song choice, she gets "ripped." Or, she doesn't know who she is an artist. Or, she's playing it too safe. Haley has never had a pre performance package like the rest. What's up with that?
In one of Casey's post AI interviews, he admitted he had stage fright and Haley was the one who encouraged him and helped him overcome his nervousness.
I truly believe the judges (or Uncle Nigel) want a Lauren/Scotty matchup.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,761,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ugh! Haley was awful! She has a bug up her just because J-Lo and Randy gave her constructive criticism. You could see the tude all over her face- it was killing her! LOL... It's a competition and she needs to listen to the feedback from the panel!

Jacob is going to go home tonight. He would be good in gospel music. He seems so genuine at least!

Lauren/James will be the top 2 at the end. Scotty will go on to the country world and make cd's also. He is very genuine too!
I thought Jacob was going home for weeks now and the results have shocked me everytime. I'm scared if Ryan says tonight "alot of people will be upset" or "the results may shock you". That makes me really nervous. If Jacob or Haley go home I am happy. If its Lauren, James or Scotty, something is amiss in AI world (but I already think there is anyway).

Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,662,671 times
James 1st song ok not his greatest. Maybe im not a fan of his type of rock it does remind me of air supply though. James 2nd wow if he would sing more songs like this he has this competition beautiful absolutely beautiful.

Jacob 1st song, I didnt care for octave he sang in if it was sang in lower tone it may been ok . I agree with randy it was to sharp.
Jacob 2nd again if he would stay out of higher range he would be alright. When he was in his register it was ok
Good grief could he butcher love hurts anymore

Lauren 1st song very fitting good job.
Lauren 2nd beautiful

Scotty 1st, rock out this country song and own the stage and camera.
Scotty 2nd. Wow best performance of night i was tapping my toes
The last country album i bought was Garth Brooks looks like 1st album Scotty has will be my next. I wonder has he had coaching or chorus? He has such a trained voice.

Haley 1st song i dont care for the way she hits high notes and theme is current songs and non release songs are not current and risky. Nor fair
Haley 2nd ok i really want to like it but beginning it sounds like she has a col but the cold is every week. There a screech before she gets to chorus.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,767,879 times
I did also notice that James was a little off key but he is still my favorite. Even the best of the best have off nights. He can seem to handle any type of music. I do love his emotions because he puts everything he has into it.

Yes NJ I did see the tude on Haley.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,303,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I agree with you and other posters who thought James was off key last night. Did I hear Steven say he's ready for Freddie Mercury? LOL. Jacob, as usual, was the worst. I"m really disgusted with JLo and Randy's assessment of Haley's first performance last night. Haley was right to say "I should listen to my gut." From the beginning, I've loved that she says what she thinks. When Haley takes a chance with song choice, she gets "ripped." Or, she doesn't know who she is an artist. Or, she's playing it too safe. Haley has never had a pre performance package like the rest. What's up with that?
In one of Casey's post AI interviews, he admitted he had stage fright and Haley was the one who encouraged him and helped him overcome his nervousness.

I thought it was pretty crappy of the judges, she did what Jimmy Levine recommened she do, they should have critiqued her on her singing, not whether or not anyone knew the song, when someone wins American Idol they don't sing songs anyone knows just the same as when an artist comes out with a new song.

FWIW I thought she did a good job with the song.

I don't blame her for looking upset, I would have to, they never said anything about her singing, they just slammed her for singing a song noone had ever heard.

They needed to criticize Jacob more, he sounded awful last night and I do not understand how he has stayed on the show this long.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,611,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Good grief could he butcher love hurts anymore
Another of my all timers. Agreed it couldn't get much worse, but I give him nods for being brave enough to take it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
LoL on the Freddie jibe - I didn't catch that.
Randy and J-Lo seem to be all over the place. It does seem almost rehearsed to me. Bring back Paula...actually she's going to be on Simons new show which has taken IA off the airwaves once it took off in other countries.

The kids have to stand back and take the critique no matter what they are really thinking and Haley keeping her mouth shut (so to speak) was a wise move. I think she has the talent and confidence to make something of herself and spectators comments aren't going to matter anyway.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,611,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I think it will be a showdown between Scotty and James.

I think so, too. Our little city of Santa Cruz is already planning what they will be doing when James is in the final three. (You know, how they celebrate the three winners' hometowns?) They have a whole event for the Boardwalk in front of the ocean ready-to-go.

He is so well-liked here. Everyone feels as if he is part of their own family.
I think he is a shoe-in for the top 3. Cool, have had fun at that boardwalk!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,558,652 times
Haley really brought it last night. Song 1, not as bad as La Pannel de Judges claimed. Song 2 brought the Standing O from them. She'll not get much better than this and has proved that she does belong there. I don't think she wins a Popularity Contest so Winning this really isn't in the stars, not for her.

Jacob, 2 bad performances, not terrible but bad, has been in this longer than he should have. It is time for him to go and get ready for the tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV