Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,761,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I find that hard to believe, especially when the judges & producers favorite was Pia. She got voted out a couple weeks back. Look she already got signed by Jimmy's label. If they really fixed it, she would have won.

James wont win for the same reason Adam didn't win. He really to me is a poor man's Adam. It works and he has fun. Great but he doesn't hold a candle to Lambert.
The judges were telling Pia for weeks to to liven up her performances and week after week she did ballads and her Tina Turner song was a snooze fest. So they weren't really liking her as a performer, but her voice is amazing. Yes they were surprised hse got voted off, but I still don't know why. She wasn't taking their advice at all and was as exciting as "watching paint dry" as someone else said. She didn't have it.

And personally, IMO James is much better than Adam Lambert. I like a couple of his songs, but would I buy his album? Nope. I will buy James' when it comes out. he is amazing and has overcome alot to be where he is right now, and seems so greatful for everything he has, unlike Lambert, who I think expects things and seems jealous of people in the interviews I have read and seen. I believe he should have won AI, but he seems like a sore loser to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,704,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's Joe? View Post
Yeah, my wife was also so very "done" when Chris Daughtry got the boot way back when!!

But now here she is, still glued to the couch for every American Idol show ever since!

Casy wasn't much of a singer, but that was the best exit performance I've ever seen. Go James!!
This is the first time I have ever stated I was done, I decided to give it another chance after Adam want the winner and up until now, I was ok with the show.

I think Casey is an amazing singer, more Character than any on there. I do like James second, so I hope he takes it, but I am done.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM

5,368 posts, read 4,478,648 times
I'm sure I missed it. Anyone know what the "theme" is this week?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,611,309 times
^According to Idols forum it is "Music Now and Then" Then being from the 60's, with the final five singing 2 songs each.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:09 PM

5,368 posts, read 4,478,648 times
Oh that should be interesting.

Thanks!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 AM

958 posts, read 2,138,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think Casey is an amazing singer, more Character than any on there. I do like James second, so I hope he takes it, but I am done.
I hated to see Casey go, of the seasons I have watched AI (and I haven't seen them all) he stands head and shoulders above any other contestant.

I admit I wasn't a big fan of James at first but the guy has grown on me.
Now I wouldn't mind if he won.

I'm still hanging there... for now

Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,379,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Alright, where is everybody?? lol

Scotty just finished and I loved it, just loved it!

Lauren did a great job before that and I really liked Jacob's performance tonight too!

I did NOT like Haley and Casey together. That is one of my favorite songs by Carole King and I had to leave the room while they were singing.....lol

As much as I hate to say it, this group slaughtered all of Carole's songs!!!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,330,204 times
And personally, IMO James is much better than Adam Lambert. I like a couple of his songs, but would I buy his album? Nope. I will buy James' when it comes out. he is amazing and has overcome alot to be where he is right now, and seems so greatful for everything he has, unlike Lambert, who I think expects things and seems jealous of people in the interviews I have read and seen. I believe he should have won AI, but he seems like a sore loser to me.[/quote]

I agree. Lambert is too much of a diva for me. James can sing anything, and he does not HAVE to scream to impress.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:23 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,279,121 times
I know Paul's been voted off, but I've been trying to figure out who he somewhat sounds like. Last night, DH had a choice: DWTS or Hellcats. I let him have DWTS and James Blunt sang I'm A Man. I loved it, borrowed the CD from library today, and he does sound like Paul on this song.

Haley's getting all my votes now. I am still annoyed that Ryan ("Watch your mouth, young lady") made a big deal out of her cursing when Jimmy Iovine made one of his inane comments. Why don't we go after the boys for doing the same? Not to mention Steven Tyler. Why was this comment broadcast? Haley's thrown a cog in the wheel. AI wants a matchup between Lauren and Scotty. If Haley's eliminated, my votes are going to James.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,690,259 times
What's up with J-lo Little House on the Prarie get up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV