Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 PM

36,715 posts, read 67,811,629 times

Advertisements

Based on tonight, my Top 3 in order are James, Lauren and Scotty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,354,579 times
First half of the show: so-so, except James who did well.
Second half: really, really good!
I think Jacob will go tonight, but as usual, there could be surprises...

Old 05-05-2011, 04:56 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,306,675 times
It is time for Jacob to go home, I was in another room but heard his first song and actually said "ouch" a couple of times, enough is enough.

While I am not a country music fan, I love Montgomery Gentry so I actually enjoyed Scotty tonight. While I didn't know the Lady Gaga song, I actually thought Hailey did a good job, though not sure when Jimmy Irvine thought she should do something noone had heard. Enjoyed James as usual, that boy had mad talent.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,387,849 times
I agree--the second half was wicked good! These kids are amazing and each onle is looking at a future in the music industry! Even as one goes home at this point it only means they didn't win Idol but they still win!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,465,417 times
Wow I guess I am in the minority. Outside Scotty, the rest were just not good at all tonight.

James - off key all night. Really exposed himself.
Jacob - terrible song choices in which he was also off singing tonight.
Haley - seriously how dumb are you to select a song no one has heard; let alone what sounds like a terrible song...
Lauren - probably the worst of the four.

All in all, a terrible show last night. Glad I had my laptop near me.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 AM

36,530 posts, read 16,115,393 times
I loved Haley's second song, House of the Rising Sun, but don't like her most of the time, once in a while though. It was not James's best night. Jacob needs to go home.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:21 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,761,994 times
In order last night...

James...AMAZING. Love his emotion and how he puts himself out there. True artist. Beautiful job. he should win this, but the producers do have a bias against rockers which is sad, but he will go far. I'm glad Steven Tyler loves him because I think that will help him out in his career.

Scotty...wow! Incredible job on both. Loved the first one especially. Finally showing he is a performer.

Lauren... LOVED the first song, she was awesome and also loved that outfit. The second song was just awful. She seemed nervous and yes, the dress was not flattering at all.

Haley...I just can't stand her anymore. Her attitude is ruining her talent for me. She looked seriously pissed at the judges for telling her she sucked. I am bored with her and every song sounds exactly the same. I hate how she moves and her stupid arm going up every five seconds. Her second song was better than her first, but I'm just not feeling her at all anymore and I used to really love her.

Jacob...WHY is he still there? And WHY are the judges telling him he did well on either song last night. He was just plain AWFUL. He stunk. Terrible. He should have gone home a long time ago. Before Pia. Before Paul. Before Stefano. And definately before Casey. He is painful to listen to. My ears were bleeding. Where are his votes coming from?

My hopes for the top three are James, Lauren and Scotty with James taking it home. Who do I think will be in the top three? James, Haley and Scotty with Scotty taking it.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:59 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,481,118 times
Without a doubt......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Based on tonight, my Top 3 in order are James, Lauren and Scotty.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,360,089 times
I don't like James at all. Don't like the type of music he usually sings, don't like his "look." Don't care much for Jacob, either. I do like the other three - Scotty, Lauren and Haley. If I had to pick, I guess Haley is the one with the best all-around package - voice, look, presence, etc.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,468,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Miss Casey and LOVED Haley!! Jacob has got to go!!
My sentiments exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

James - off key all night. Really exposed himself.
Apparently you and I are the only two who could hear that. Terribly off key on the first song. There was almost not a single note he sang that wasn't flat or sharp or just plain wrong in the first song. Until last night I really haven't missed Simon because most of the time his criticism was just silly. But not one judge telling James he didn't hit a right note in the entire song? Ridiculous. He'd never have gotten away with that with Simon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV