Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 03:09 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,137,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Not only are most of them fugly, but at least two are deadbeat dads and nearly all have houses that are or were in foreclosure! There's a reason these women can't land decent guys, it's because they're not decent themselves.
Bingo!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,282,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Looks like Brooks Ayers (Vicki's new beau) may have something else in common with another guy on the show. Besides looking like Donn, he's also a deadbeat dad (twice)

O.C. Housewife Star Vicki Gunvalson's Boyfriend Is A 'Deadbeat Dad' -- To Two Women! | Radar Online
Another bit of proof that these folks don't have any real money - the amounts should be chump change for the lifestyle they project.

Even Slade's almost $140 grand shouldn't be that big of a deal when you drive cars that are about half that much or more..

Old 06-15-2011, 06:03 PM

2,377 posts, read 4,347,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Bingo!

LOL that's totally going on my Facebook.

I was also thinking that in reality these women DON'T WANT decent guys that live a decent life and have decent jobs. Sure, they might SAY they do, but their actions speak differently.

Based on their actions, they want a guy that they find charming (notice I said that THEY find charming, not that the audience or anyone else does) that SEEMS like he has money ("seems like" not someone who actually has money).

These women have superficial needs and go out with superficial guys and then wonder why nothing ever works out and why they can't find real love, a stand-up guy, or have deep, meaningful relationships.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,405,596 times
Quote:
I was also thinking that in reality these women DON'T WANT decent guys that live a decent life and have decent jobs. Sure, they might SAY they do, but their actions speak differently.

Based on their actions, they want a guy that they find charming (notice I said that THEY find charming, not that the audience or anyone else does) that SEEMS like he has money ("seems like" not someone who actually has money).

These women have superficial needs and go out with superficial guys and then wonder why nothing ever works out and why they can't find real love, a stand-up guy, or have deep, meaningful relationships.
Exactly!

I've lived in Southern California my entire life - and in fact am fifth generation - so I know and love this area! And there is a segment of the population in Orange County that chases what you list above. And that's exactly the segment of the population that made FOX want to make The O.C., and MTV came to make Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, and why Bravo came to make Real Housewives. They make for compelling TV! It's not everyone in Orange County - or even most of the population - it's a very small segment - but they're very visible, and they make good TV! I love the show!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:27 PM

I know not everyone in Cali acts like the RHOC just like not everyone in Jersey acts like the RHNJ.

It has made for good TV for the most part thus far. Now that I've kind of figured these ladies' M.O., I think it's going to get very predictable. Unless there's some real emotional growth, it's just going to keep being the same situations over and over.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Andy Cohen is openly gay.

I do wonder if he didn't want to go down that road in order to preserve the respect of the gay/lesbian community & not have to listen to Tamra's complete b.s. about it & turn it into a mockery.

It was interesting to watch him ask Kim from RHATL about her dabble but not approach Tamra about it.

Then again, it supposedly was a 13hr taping & they showed all of 80 minutes.

Bravo in the end shows us what they want to show us in order to draw in the viewers they want for the franchise.
Yeah, I can't help but think that the whole kiss thing was the most boring part of the season. And they had so much other material to rehash at the reunion - they didn't really need it.

It would have been fun though to see Fernanda on the couch - since I find her a lot more interesting that Jeanna. In fact, I think it would be fun to promote her to a full cast member, and give her a real storyline, instead of just being a part of the "Tamra goes wild after her divorce" storyline.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I know not everyone in Cali acts like the RHOC just like not everyone in Jersey acts like the RHNJ.

It has made for good TV for the most part thus far. Now that I've kind of figured these ladies' M.O., I think it's going to get very predictable.
I really wasn't insinuated that you didn't! You just nailed the personality type that inspired the show in the first place. All for show, all for right now with no thought to the future, all for looks. You nailed it with you post, so I just added on!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I really wasn't insinuated that you didn't! You just nailed the personality type that inspired the show in the first place. All for show, all for right now with no thought to the future, all for looks. You nailed it with you post, so I just added on!

They are so different from the type of people I grew up with, it's almost unbelievable to me that people like this actually exist. Watching these women has been a good experience in exposure to different sets of American culture. I just wonder if they will still be interesting now that I know what's up.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,143,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...spoken like someone who has never met a crack wh*re.
I've worked in downtown Oakland. Pretty sure I've met many crack wh***s and even seen some of then taking a dump against a wall but they aren't hooking up, they are hocking their wares. Crack is not a sexy drug nor does it make you wanna do it.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,309,042 times
Quote:
Nearly every single behavior Tamra is so vehemently against, she exhibits herself, sometimes more than the person she's railing against in the first place.

For example:

Tamra said Jeana shouldn't get in Tamra's business or talk about Tamra in public. Tamra has way gotten into Gretchen's business and talked about Gretchen on her blogs and in interviews FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.

Tamra said Simon was too violent. Tamra then proceeded to throw her cease and desist letter and a drink in Jeana's face.

Tamra said that Gretchen shouldn't have made a private sex video which got displayed on the internet. Tamra then created a sex scene with her new bf using a professional camera crew where it was shown on a nationally syndicated television show.

Tamra said other people are making the show "all about them". Tamra created a scene when Vicki had to go to the hospital and brought a can of mace to Alexis' party where she showed it off. Tamra also made Vicki's party all about her when she threw the drink in Jeana's face.

Tamra said Slade needs to get a job. Tamra, by her own admission, has only sold 4 houses in the last 6 months or so and is living off child support and money from her ex. And possibly some money she's getting from her new bf.

Tamra also admitted to lying to her new bf about wanting more children on camera in order to "reel him in".

Tamra is a hypocrite and a manipulator and deceitful. The only reason Vicki is her friend is because Vicki needs someone to kiss her butt and Tamra does it.

Tamra deserves every single crappy thing that happens to her.
+20

Couldn't agree more!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV