Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,389,308 times

Advertisements

I, too, am glad that Peggy is gone. I don 't think she was asked to come back. She was boring. Here's an article, and in the comments, someone said that a couple of weeks ago, she was nervously waiting to find out about the show.
Peggy Tanous: Why I'm Leaving Real Housewives of OC - UsMagazine.com

The one I didn't remember was Tammy. I had to look her up, and still don't remember anything about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,648,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
The one I didn't remember was Tammy. I had to look her up, and still don't remember anything about her.
I'm referring to Tamra. I prefer to call her Tammy, because she probably hates it and I can't stand her.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Here's the sneak peak I was referring to

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7 - A New Neighbor, Fresh Starts, and Lots of Drama! - Video - Bravo TV Official Site

Old 12-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Here's something else...

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7 - Crying, Laughing, Upset, Happy, and a Lot of Drama - Video - Bravo TV Official Site Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7:A New Neighbor, Fresh Starts, and Lots of Drama!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:19 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,468,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Here's something else...

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7 - Crying, Laughing, Upset, Happy, and a Lot of Drama - Video - Bravo TV Official Site Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7:A New Neighbor, Fresh Starts, and Lots of Drama!
Egads!!! I had totally forgotten about the Alexis Designer Line!!! Good Lord - is she still at that?! And yes, the Vicki divorce which we'll have to muddle through with her and all her tiny tears (Someone, anyone, PLEASE say you love me!!!). That poor guy got the luckiest break in his LIFE being set free from her. And Tamra? As soon as I hear someone blathering on about being a strong, independent and successful woman on one of these shows, I want to gag. Slade and Gretchen doing stand-up at Improv? Sweet Lord - there are going to be a LOT of cringe-inducing moments coming. I feel bad enough for "real" comics when they take the stage. Two idiots, with no clue of comedic timing, looking for an easy way to make their next check and have a Bravo camera crew follow them just sort of guarantees moments of pure AWFUL. I wonder how her handbag (or was it make-up?) line is going? Or if Slade ever paid his outstanding child support.

Let the fun begin!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,342,263 times
I'll prob watch the next season, but I have to say, I'm really tired of all the women on the show. Every one of them is a one-trick-pony, completely one-dimensional.

From the first season that they were on until now:

Tamra - 14-year-old girl in terms of how she deals with romantic relationships and friendships
Gretchen - 17-year-old girl, same as above. She either laughs everything off or she's really pissed and put off. No middle ground.
Miss Piggy - really demanding, really needy
Alexis - self-righteous, pompous

All the women use their worst character flaws in an attempt to hide their insecurities, but it never works, they're always exposed, and whenever they're exposed they have a huge meltdown on the show. But...they don't ever change. They just keep right on doing what they've been doing. I have to say, it's a little exhausting.

every. single. season.

*yawn*

Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,833,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I'll prob watch the next season, but I have to say, I'm really tired of all the women on the show. Every one of them is a one-trick-pony, completely one-dimensional.

From the first season that they were on until now:

Tamra - 14-year-old girl in terms of how she deals with romantic relationships and friendships
Gretchen - 17-year-old girl, same as above. She either laughs everything off or she's really pissed and put off. No middle ground.
Miss Piggy - really demanding, really needy
Alexis - self-righteous, pompous

All the women use their worst character flaws in an attempt to hide their insecurities, but it never works, they're always exposed, and whenever they're exposed they have a huge meltdown on the show. But...they don't ever change. They just keep right on doing what they've been doing. I have to say, it's a little exhausting.

every. single. season.

*yawn*
you pegged them all totally right.
I'm sick of them. Bring on all new people. Especially the OC and NJ shows.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:59 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,389,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I'm referring to Tamra. I prefer to call her Tammy, because she probably hates it and I can't stand her.
Ah, I see. I did try to find her, and there really is a Tammy. Tammy Knickerbocker. I think she and Laurie were friends.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:48 AM

926 posts, read 1,259,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

And replace them with who? Five more disfunctional characters?

I don't understand what some viewers want. When a housewife behaves herself, she's called boring. When a housewife brings the drama, she's hated. It's called reality tv but it still has to be entertaining. Drama=Entertainment.

I do think replacing a housewife once in awhile keeps the drama fresh.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
True, but if you bring on all new people, they may as well just change the name of the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV