Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Really?

I find Heather to be a calculating shrew and I think her husband is a douche bag.

What topped it off for me, with whatever Cindy-Lou-Who's husband's name is, is that he is a plastic surgeon and should KNOW that snaking the sinus' is not pleasant, and if you've got the extra $$ that insurance will not cover to cosmetically fix a "bump" and straighten out the septum MORE than what has been deemed "medically necessary"...9 times out of 10 that "cosmetic" procedure will also increase the capacity/ability to breathe a little easier. BTDT. What a total ass he was about it.
I didn't think he was an ass about the surgery, he just explained where the sinuses were, and laughed along with everyone else at the tendency for people to pretend their surgery is 100% medical. He didn't know who they were talking about, so there was no way he could know specifically what the issue was. Alexis way overreacted, Tamra was the one being bitchy, Heather and her husband didn't really know what was going on.

Last edited by detshen; 03-28-2012 at 11:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I didn't think he was an ass about the surgery, he just explained where the sinuses were, and laughed along with everyone else at the tendency for people to pretend their surgery is 100% medical. He didn't know who they were talking about, so there was no way he could know specifically what was going on. Alexis way overreacted, Tamra was the one being bitchy, Heather and her husband didn't really know what was going on.
I hear you, I do understand what you are saying.

But as a professional, he shouldn't have laughed or gone along with anything UNTIL he had the facts and not from his shrew wife relating the "back story" to him.

He should have stayed out of it, given his profession. OR not giggled along with the morons.

Last thing I'd like to know is that my plastic surgeon is making fun of "nose jobs" and all the excuses as to why one has one. S T F U .

Buy a professional bone in your body. He's laughing as to the excuses one puts out to justify a "nose job" to fill his bank account? What class did he miss? Business/Marketing 101?

If he's in this show to gain clients, he better watch himself. And tell his wife to watch herself too.

This isn't his first (reality tv) rodeo (show). For some odd reason, he's been on more than the OC. Desperate?

I'm sure there is a syndrome revolving around the narcissism that he has. Just like his Dr. Suess character looking wife has...run away...don't end up looking like her under his knife.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,686 times
Quote:
I read, elsewhere, that she had some sort of a base foundation on that made her look that horrible. Now, I've also watched a few ANTM shows, and yeah, Gretchen has 10+ years on those girls, but they don't look like that when they roll out of bed or are getting ready for a photo shoot!
-------------------------------

The following has nothing to do with gimmie it's post:

Ok, I will also admit that I have watched a few episodes of The Bad Girls Club too...ugly is ugly, no matter how much makeup you cake on, but these young 20 somethings go waaaaaay above and beyond anyone I ever knew when I was in my 20's. Fake eyelashes, pounds of foundation, tons of eyeshadow, all the fake hair...just like these OC chicks, but 20 years younger and when they can get away with playing "dress up".

It's funny, but I don't recognize my "Mom Friends" when they DO have makeup on. We drop our kids off at school in the early am, un-showered, no makeup on, half in Pj's, and will go grab a cup of coffee every once in a while. Just like that. And some probably have incomes matching or exceeding Heather's husband. No one cares. It's about the company one keeps, and the reality of life, not what someone who you don't know might "think" about you b/c you're in flip-flops, sweats, got your hair in a pony-tail or tucked in under a hat and left your diamonds at home. You want me to wear my W-2 around my neck so you'll be ok with me when you see me without makeup/designer clothing/red-backs/fake hair on? Bite me.

Maybe it has something to do with where you live and who you FEEL you have to keep up with...and if you're not ok with what others "might think" about you...b/c you're not ok with yourself?
It's okay, LOL. I so agree about it being where you live. I live downtown in NY and the moms look like you describe when dropping off at school (those who aren't running off to work). However, there are parts of the city, like the UES, where I once lived where you would feel weird not being more put together. When I lived uptown I felt weird going to the nearby store in sweats. As for makeup, rarely if ever do I see that kind of makeup on anyone in real life except for the transvestites in the area. Seriously. Most of the women I know only wear makeup when they go out at night with their husbands. Oh, and I too have watched the occasional Bad Girls. OMG! The makeup situation is the least of their problems. These girls are soooooooo angry.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 AM

926 posts, read 1,256,777 times
Quote:
I hear you, I do understand what you are saying.

But as a professional, he shouldn't have laughed or gone along with anything UNTIL he had the facts and not from his shrew wife relating the "back story" to him.

He should have stayed out of it, given his profession. OR not giggled along with the morons.

Last thing I'd like to know is that my plastic surgeon is making fun of "nose jobs" and all the excuses as to why one has one. S T F U .

Buy a professional bone in your body. He's laughing as to the excuses one puts out to justify a "nose job" to fill his bank account? What class did he miss? Business/Marketing 101?

If he's in this show to gain clients, he better watch himself. And tell his wife to watch herself too.

This isn't his first (reality tv) rodeo (show). For some odd reason, he's been on more than the OC. Desperate?

I'm sure there is a syndrome revolving around the narcissism that he has. Just like his Dr. Suess character looking wife has...run away...don't end up looking like her under his knife.

This post is ON POINT!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Yeah. Making fun of people to seem cool or like part of the group ON TV when that is what you do for a living...wtf?

It made him seem like a toady yes man, and he is undermining his own profession. On tv.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,758,120 times
I think Heather is awful, she is snotty and rude and no one I could ever be friends with. I cannot stand pretentious people like her. She is horribkle to her husband and way too serious all of the time. She needs to lighten up. Her husband is funny, down to earth and seems like a genuinely nice person. He didn't know who they were talking about and he was just stating facts about sinuses and nose jobs. He wasn't making fun of anyone.

As far as makeup goes, I rarely leave the house without it. I thought Gretchen still looked very cute without it, me not so much. On my days off I have dropped my kids off at school without it, but only if I am going right home, but I will never leave the house unshowered and especially in PJ's, that is gross (the whole thing with people wearing PJ's out of the house is a huge pet peeve of mine anyway). If I am going anywhere after that, I am showered and have my hair and makeup on. I got it from my mom who never did anything without her "face" on. Even if I am sitting home with my husband and kids, at the beach, at the park, I want to look and feel my best not only for me, but for him too (though he doesn't care) so I shower, do my hair and makeup, even if I am just wearing sweats or hanging in the sand. Its not full face, but I do minimum. I am a makeup junkie anyway and I enjoy it. I even made sure I had makeup on for my three c-sections haha! I'm sure when the cameras aren't rolling on the ladies, they lighten up a bit with the makeup and hair and jewelry. And I wish Gretchen would wear her hair staight more often, I think she looks much better like that rather than the big curls.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah. Making fun of people to seem cool or like part of the group ON TV when that is what you do for a living...wtf?

It made him seem like a toady yes man, and he is undermining his own profession. On tv.

I get what you all are saying about him being more professional, but I also get where he was coming from, it's very difficult to be a medical professional at a party in a situation like that, if you get too serious and start correcting people they get really irritated with you, and accuse you of being a party pooper. I do think if he had know they were talking about an actual woman who was there, he would have handled it very differently. I saw a sense of discomfort that I related to flash across his face during the discussion, he ended up going with the girls on it, it was a mistake, he clearly regretted it, and felt bad. I didn't take it as negatively as some others here do, but we all have our own perspectives on what we see.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
I get what you all are saying about him being more professional, but I also get where he was coming from, it's very difficult to be a medical professional at a party in a situation like that, if you get too serious and start correcting people they get really irritated with you, and accuse you of being a party pooper. I do think if he had know they were talking about an actual woman who was there, he would have handled it very differently.
True.

Quote:
I saw a sense of discomfort that I related to flash across his face during the discussion, he ended up going with the girls on it, it was a mistake, he clearly regretted it, and felt bad. I didn't take it as negatively as some others here do, but we all have our own perspectives on what we see.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
I get what you all are saying about him being more professional, but I also get where he was coming from, it's very difficult to be a medical professional at a party in a situation like that, if you get too serious and start correcting people they get really irritated with you, and accuse you of being a party pooper. I.
I am a medical professional. The right thing to do was what I regularly do...just shut the hell up, regardless of my feelings.

Maybe it sounds like fun to joke around with other people, but I know my estimation of a medical professional would suffer if they sat around saying derisive crap about their patients just to be cool or part of the gang.

My feelings about him are not based on that one move. He (sadly) seems like he is always kissing up to his wife (and she treats him kind of crappy), so it was just another sycophant-y moment that disgusted me.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am a medical professional. The right thing to do was what I regularly do...just shut the hell up, regardless of my feelings.

Maybe it sounds like fun to joke around with other people, but I know my estimation of a medical professional would suffer if they sat around saying derisive crap about their patients just to be cool or part of the gang.

My feelings about him are not based on that one move. He (sadly) seems like he is always kissing up to his wife (and she treats him kind of crappy), so it was just another sycophant-y moment that disgusted me.
I am too, which is why I understand that situation, it gets exhausting to have to talk about work in social situations, I do a lot of the "smile and nod," all he really did was smile, and talk about where the sinuses were, he said very little, even though the girls were pushing him, I understand that because people often push me because my specific field is unusual, and people expect me to want to talk about it. Despite what Alexis thought, he did not make fun of any patients, his, or anyone else's that I saw. IMO he didn't say anything derisive, he didn't say much at all, Tamra was the one who kept talking about it in an attempt to stir up trouble, that's how I perceived it. As I said before we all see things differently, so there's no point in continuing to go over it. I have no feelings either way about him, or Heather, I'm indifferent to them both at this point.

Last edited by detshen; 03-29-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV