Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 AM

29,807 posts, read 34,675,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
BTW, the gum chewing didn't bother me and I doubt I would have even noticed if I hadn't read here first. Maybe that's because I still chew gum every once in a while and like to do so.
It was explained a bit as someone asked Linden if she was still trying to quit, so I'm assuming it's nicotine gum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:20 PM

979 posts, read 3,836,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
No, it wasn't...I wanted to reach through the screen and take it out of her mouth. LOL. Beyond annoying with the cow chewing.

I liked it overall. I have to look up the Mom's IBMD info because she looks familiar but I cant put my hand on it.

I hope, I'm not going crazy but some of the show was flashbacks interwined with the present day, correct?
Ugh!!! Thank God, I'm not crazy. At least someone saw it. I don't believed she chewed any gum in the second episode. Also, I don't believe they switched present day to past... but now you make me re-think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It was explained a bit as someone asked Linden if she was still trying to quit, so I'm assuming it's nicotine gum.
Yes!! I did catch that. As someone had suspected in an earlier post and I also thought... we were correct!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,282,193 times
I checked this out (thanks to op for starting the thread) and liked it halfway through the first epi. Have watched all 3 and am pretty hooked.

Have decided to reassess my idea of checking out the PNW for retirement Geez!

The mother of the murdered girl was Maryanne the Maenad in season 2 of True Blood

The female cop was Joey's second wife (one of the wife twins) in Big Love.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:55 PM

No posts? I just watched the 3rd episode. Wondering if the letters are a red herring. I.e. were they written by the teacher but just innocent mentoring? I tried to pause it on the letter but all I get is that there is some sort of quote from a book which made me think of the teacher. The basketball gym at the end certainly seems to point to the mayor candidate.
I like how this is in 3 parts, the family, the politician, the cops. But the cops part is my favorite. I sort of feel bad for the actors who are doing the parents, all that grief all the time. I think all the actors are doing a good job.
Not sure that fiance of the female cop isn't a bit of a nasty bas**rd.
I like the opening, it's very existensial european movie opening. But then I read that this is a remake from a show Denmark.

AMC's The Killing - review | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk

Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM

5,035 posts, read 10,776,846 times
Not to be a wet blanket--I'm glad some people are enjoying it--but I'm not watching this one because it resembles Twin Peaks too much in its locale (Washington) and, especially, its premise/plotline. It's the same as "Who killed Laura Palmer?," except that TP was directed by [awesome] David Lynch. So, I think this would only disapppoint me.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Well after reading that article I think I'd like to see the original danish one. Apparently very popular in the UK.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,177,557 times
So was her dad a hit man in the past or what? He clearly has some kind of shady connections...which could lead back to the campaign stuff in one way or another.

I really doubt that the token black guy is the killer although there was definitely some kind of relationship going on between him & Rosie, guess we'll find out soon how far it went.

Anyone know how many episodes are left?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 AM

891 posts, read 2,460,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
So was her dad a hit man in the past or what? He clearly has some kind of shady connections...which could lead back to the campaign stuff in one way or another.

I really doubt that the token black guy is the killer although there was definitely some kind of relationship going on between him & Rosie, guess we'll find out soon how far it went.

Anyone know how many episodes are left?

There are 13 episodes toal and there have been 4, so that leaves 9 left.

Frokm what I've read about the Danish series, there are many new twists coming, so don't think anyone can figure this show out yet, beyond a blind guess

Old 04-19-2011, 07:01 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,681,687 times
We are really liking this show. using the dvr has let us watch the first 2 hour episode, then the second two episodes just a few days apart. now, it will be difficult waiting a whole week. I agree, seattle is looking like a really depressing city. there have been some good plot twists. how about the best friend impersonating rosie in the video? the scene at the gym, besides showing the richmond signs, showed a picture of rosie's teacher in the trophy case, plus the letters. each episode of the show is supposed to represent one day of the investigation, so it is supposed to play out over 13 days.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:18 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,215,534 times
I dont know what to think about the fiance , I dont think I like him very much . I thought he was going to yell at the kid about eating the wedding cake taste pieces . I also felt so sorry for the mother of the murdered girl looking at coffins and then we find out daddy bought a house that he will now have to sell because they have to pay for a funeral . I think maybe dad was involved in bad stuff before turning his life around and buying and running a business and I think dad knows his kids suffered after seeing those pics of his daughters dead body .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV