Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 01:56 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,517,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Fun is fine when it is appropriate but considering the pressures of having putting together, what has to be, a stellar performance by two relative amateurs who have never worked together in a shortest amount of time imaginable can be one of those time. Now if they were nailing the routine your criticism might be valid but I suspect that the target of Usher's ire probably wasn't performing up to Usher's standards. That being the case, a-knock-that-smile-off-your-face-because-you-aren't-as-good-as-you-think-you-are especially considering the opportunity that we are presenting you, was more than appropriate.
We'll see when it airs. But they had from October when the auditions were done until now, so not all that short of a time span.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,079,644 times
Relax

Its only a preview. Previews are usually more entertaining and cliff hanging than the show. No need to be criticizing everything. Usher didn't man up Justin bieber. I don't think he is that strick

How in the world do you guys not listen Shakira? Latin songs are the fire and soul of music!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
Die Lazzaro Die... well not literally

But,

Die Lazzaro DIE!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,320,336 times
Quote:
Die Lazzaro Die... well not literally

But,

Die Lazzaro DIE!
This is about The Voice, not AI...lol. However, I do think he should go home.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
We'll see when it airs. But they had from October when the auditions were done until now, so not all that short of a time span.
The auditions take place year round so your point about auditions having taken place in October while has nothing to do with the actual production schedule. Taping for this years show began on March 25th for the blind auditions and looking at just the production schedule for the battle rounds the schedule is mighty damned tight with twice a day tapings on April 11, 18, and 19. That means to me that the preview had to be taped shortly after Lewis was picked which was just last week.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
The auditions take place year round so your point about auditions having taken place in October while has nothing to do with the actual production schedule. Taping for this years show began on March 25th for the blind auditions and looking at just the production schedule for the battle rounds the schedule is mighty damned tight with twice a day tapings on April 11, 18, and 19. That means to me that the preview had to be taped shortly after Lewis was picked which was just last week.
Okay. According to TV guide they were taped in October when Shakira was still pregnant. But they're not necessarily right.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,248,663 times
blind auditions were taped well in advance

the 3/25 could make sense for brining everyone back together start organizing and work for the battle rounds and then move forward toward the live shows

here is an article from January that talks about the blind auditions and how the new judges worked together, etc
Shakira And Usher Bring New Competitive Edge to 'The Voice' | Movies News | Rolling Stone

Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

the 3/25 could make sense for brining everyone back together start organizing and work for the battle rounds and then move forward toward the live shows

here is an article from January that talks about the blind auditions and how the new judges worked together, etc
Shakira And Usher Bring New Competitive Edge to 'The Voice' | Movies News | Rolling Stone

Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM

19,249 posts, read 16,761,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

Yes, they were. An article I read stated the new auditions (the ones we are watching now) started just about the time last season's finale was airing. I thought they started around January but, wow!, they started soon. Also, the show has been given the go-ahead for Season 5. Yea!!!! Happy to hear that bit of news.

Side Note: If anyone missed this week's show, be sure to check out an encore airing over the weekend. I've been able to watch parts I missed on the weekend. Either Saturday or Sunday. Sorry, I can't be sure of the day but check it out, if you're interested.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Yes, they were. An article I read stated the new auditions (the ones we are watching now) started just about the time last season's finale was airing. I thought they started around January but, wow!, they started soon. Also, the show has been given the go-ahead for Season 5. Yea!!!! Happy to hear that bit of news.

Side Note: If anyone missed this week's show, be sure to check out an encore airing over the weekend. I've been able to watch parts I missed on the weekend. Either Saturday or Sunday. Sorry, I can't be sure of the day but check it out, if you're interested.
Did they say who the Season 5 judges will be? I assume Christina and CeeLo will be back so Blake and Adam can go tour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV