Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,871,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I personally found his voice a little weird - though not as weird as that of the girl who sang before him, lol. But I know that what we hear on TV is not exactly what one can hear "live".
He sure is sweet, but I'm afraid he might be "eaten up" by the system. One has to be tough to succeed in show business!
I wish him well, though.
He's sweet but he's also from a rather tough part of Boston and can probably hold his own.
His voice is kinda boy band and i suppose those days are gone.
It seems like it'll be a good season. The Voice is just one of just a few shows that i like to watch.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM

13,688 posts, read 10,081,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
He's sweet but he's also from a rather tough part of Boston and can probably hold his own.
His voice is kinda boy band and i suppose those days are gone.
It seems like it'll be a good season. The Voice is just one of just a few shows that i like to watch.
I love this show. That guy made me cry. I found it very inspiring, and it was great just how excited he was to get picked. Unbelievable about his brother getting shot in somebody's home studio. Who brings a gun to a jam session?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
What did y'all think about the blind auditions last night?

My favorite was the sandwich maker who sang the Folsom Prison Blues.

My daughter and I started covering our faces with pillows so we couldn't see the performers and then decided whether or not to push our buttons. It really changes things when you don't know what the singer looks like.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I really liked the sammich maker too!!

I didn't use a pillow, but I started covering my eyes while they sang to see what it would sound like for the judges. It does change quite a bit because your eyes aren't taking in all that visual information at the same time and you can really focus on the voice.

I have to say, I am liking this show more and more.

I like the structure of it- the four judges, listening without seeing, I like how their chairs rotate around. I like the way some contestants get to pick a judge and others end up with the only one who pushed the button.

I also like that the judges get invested in working with the people they select.

I also am enjoying the dynamics between the four judges.

I was a bit skeptical the first season, and wasn't "sold" on this format. But Dia Frampton hooked me in with her incredible rendition of Heartless and I ended up watching the entire season.

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 02-21-2012 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,305,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
There's something about him that makes me wanna see him go far.
His voice makes me wanna see him go far ....... far away, long walk off a short pier, etc

Old 02-21-2012, 03:17 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,398,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I personally found his voice a little weird - though not as weird as that of the girl who sang before him, lol. But I know that what we hear on TV is not exactly what one can hear "live".
He sure is sweet, but I'm afraid he might be "eaten up" by the system. One has to be tough to succeed in show business!
I wish him well, though.
I found his voice weird also. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

LOLS @ Finger Laker!

Marlow, that is such a cute idea. I'll have to try covering my eyes. I love this show so much more than AI because they don't bring in gimmicky singers that can't really sing, whereas AI lets everyone try out. There's a couple of things I am getting a little tired of though. It seems that everyone trying out has to have a sob story. I know they need a certain amount of fillers, but I can't help but think that there are some people who can sing who don't have a sob story. I love the judges, but, I don't think they should go on arguing ( in a playful manner ) forever to one another. Thats getting a little old to me.

Last edited by Jess5; 02-21-2012 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,305,554 times
I definitely enjoy the show and enjoy the judges bantering with each other

I also really like that there isn't really any filler performances

I'm not a big fan of the emotional back stories - but understand why they do it

I'm also not a fan of the play by play with the family watching on the screen

Also, if they replaced carson daly it wouldn't bother me in the least ... guy just grates on me

Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
Moderator cut: see comment

I agree about the sob stories--they're getting old. Also, while I guess it's true, I don't like all the "this is the last chance for me to ever make it" stuff. Since they all say it, whoever is interviewing them must sort of drag it out of them. And I get that most of them really, really want a career in music. But the desperation is sort of off-putting to me.

Last edited by Beretta; 02-21-2012 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: no discussion of rep points please

Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,398,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I definitely enjoy the show and enjoy the judges bantering with each other

I also really like that there isn't really any filler performances

I'm not a big fan of the emotional back stories - but understand why they do it

I'm also not a fan of the play by play with the family watching on the screen

Also, if they replaced carson daly it wouldn't bother me in the least ... guy just grates on me
OMG! How could I have left out Carson Daly??!! He seems more excited than the families. (I could do without watching the family too) Everybody, watch how he grabs them and hugs them like they are long lost buddies!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,359,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I agree about the sob stories--they're getting old.
In all these talent shows, I always am amazed at how many contestants have had to go through things like being very sick or in an accident, have been in rehab, are/have been homeless or almost are, grew up without a dad etc etc... And the producers of the show use it as if only people in such a situation had talent... I know that happy, drama-free stories don't "sell"... but no story at all and more music would much more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV