Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,365,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
PS - Anyone who still doesn't believe that this show blows Idol out of the water is crazy!

Did anyone notice the Blake and Adam burying their heads while waiting for the results?

I did. I wondered if the judges knew beforehand but I'm guessing not.

VERY happy with the outcome!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,425,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't think Christina is snotty, but I do think she's a diva. There's a difference.

I don't think Beverly is phony, but I DO think she was a lot more honest at the beginning of the competition. Her in to this industry is through Christina so of course she's going to constantly sing her praises and make her sound like the most amazing person in the world. I don't think it's phony, I think it's being smart and Beverly is smart.
So... she says something sweet in a Tweet and it's not because she could possibly truly like her. It's simply because she's a "smart business woman."

She's a smart business woman for being on Twitter at all. That's what musicians do, promote. They audition for shows like The Voice.

You're really reaching here. Sorry but your words sound pretty silly. It's clearly your opinion shining through more than anything. I suppose you read something more cynical into what Adam said on Conan also.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,854,011 times
I don't agree with the winner-at all. That's all. Enjoyed watching with you all.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,425,828 times
As for the outcome, couldn't be happier. I had a feeling he could very well be the winner when I saw him in the Blind Auditions. And I'm so glad he beat Dia. He didn't deserve to lose to her. And besides, her coach is annoying. All the coaches promoted their artists, but the way Blake went about it became annoying after a while and, quite honestly, he sort of turned me off of Dia toward the end. I kind of stopped voting for her. "Losing My Religion" was a case of a fantastic arrangement for her voice and the stars aligning just right. She's never exactly wowed me any other night, although I do like her voice. And especially not last night.

I felt the same about Jeff Jenkins as I felt about Javier - that he could've been the winner. Loved his voice. But my interest in Jeff waned, because he was bound and determined to keep it country. It's respectable that he was staying true to himself, but he didn't really broaden his horizons much. "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" IMO should've been sang with more soul, but he kept that twang going. Blake actually said one smart thing at the beginning of the competition that stuck with me - "I'm not sure country is even necessarily your thing, Jeff. You have the kind of voice that can do anything." Jeff should've utilized that advice. Because it was totally true. They could've chosen a diff genre for him every week and he could've nailed each one, probably, if he would've been opening to experimenting with his voice. But he didn't. My other fave was Rebecca Loebe. She should've been in the finals, IMO.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 PM

5,363 posts, read 8,601,606 times
I am so bummed my favorite
Spoiler
DIA FRAMPTON
did not win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think she will get a contract anyway through connections with her coach.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,297,190 times
Dia will have a very nice career ahead of her

Javiers duet tonight was very well done

overall I enjoyed the show .... was pretty cool having relevant coaches as opposed to just judges with very little real say once the competition got going

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,396,904 times
Yes, I think Dia will have a nice career. Her voice is so unique. I sure wanted her to win.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,851,602 times
Decent show. I've never liked Idol's format and don't watch it. This is the first show that I've actually been interested enough to vote for an outcome.

I thought Stevie Nicks looked great BTW.

It didn't really matter to me who won. The final four all had plenty to offer and were apples versus oranges each with their own appeal. I thought that the result was a bit of an upset given that Dia pretty much ruled i tunes for the past few weeks.

I don't mind Christina at all. She is a bit of a diva but that comes with the territory. Good reality show.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
So... she says something sweet in a Tweet and it's not because she could possibly truly like her. It's simply because she's a "smart business woman."

She's a smart business woman for being on Twitter at all. That's what musicians do, promote. They audition for shows like The Voice.

You're really reaching here. Sorry but your words sound pretty silly. It's clearly your opinion shining through more than anything. I suppose you read something more cynical into what Adam said on Conan also.
Well, if you look back to what I said in the first place I never said Beverly had a problem with Christina.

I said I have a problem with Christina and how she sang with Beverly, as did my husband.

Then you tried arguing with me that Beverly had issues with the performance as well. She could have, but she's not going to say anything and to think she would is just flat out ridiculous.

Either way I NEVER claimed Beverly didn't like the performance, I said I didn't like the performance. Go read my posts again.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,509 times
I was OK with who won. Javier sings really well, I just always feel his performances are dull. That being said, I would probably buy a couple of his songs (though not his single, wasn't a big fan of it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV