Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,672,572 times

Advertisements

I think all the contestants have the potential for successful music careers.

The winner of this competition is already married to a contract whereas the others are not. One or more of them could end up in better positions than the winner by negotiating bigger and better contracts.

Anyway, I couldn't choose between Beverly and Vicci. Their songs are the only two I might listen to again. Their performances are definitely better than the other two, IMO. I look forward to hearing and seeing more of them no matter what or who wins.

Also, I can't wait to see what little Xenia does. She has such a unique sound and time to keep improving and do whatever she wants.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,424,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
I thought Christina was rude about the "shadow boxes". Adam stated his comments more appropriately. It was apparent to me Dia became upset, and I thought Blake's combacks were spot on.

I don't understand why, at this stage in the game, Christina had to bring up something that happened a couple weeks ago. This is the finals, and these artist deserve comments on their performance, not some woman's inability to get over past comments about mimes running amuck on stage.

I think Christina was unfairly singled out. She was not being rude. She was merely referring to a similar comment Blake made about Lily Elise from her team a couple weeks before. How she was using some kind of shadow dancers and then he goes and does the same for Dia. I thought it was amusing.... and a good point. She was just joking with the dope, and he turns it all serious.

That part made me sick.

Oh, and furthermore, Blake more or less said Lily couldn't sing.
There's no way Christina would've gotten away with implying someone can't sing. There'd be blood in the streets. lol

I have to say I appreciate the love Adam Levine's been giving Christina in the press lately. And he casually and subtley came to her defense tonight. He agreed the dancers were too much and then made a passing comment later that they're "all there to laugh and not be serious." Or something like that.

As far as the competition goes:

I think it's easily down between Beverly and Javier. They both put on back-to-back strong performances. Bev's rendition of Beautiful w/Xtina and her original? Both pure quality. Same with Javier, although I don't think he's much of a stage performer.

Dia had a good original song but she hit so many bum notes. And her duet w/Blake was fun to watch w/the sunglasses and outfits but definitely nothing to write home about. Her rendition of "Losing My Religion" a week ago was amazing but seriously, tonight? No go. If she wins there's something wrong with the world. lol

Vicci was solid in her original song. Amazing how she owned the stage. And then the Benatar duet with CeeLo... probably the 2nd best highlight of the night behind the performance of "Beautiful." I wouldn't *MIND* if she won.

But Beverly and Javier are my faves.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,787,309 times
I liked both of Javier's performances last night more than anything he's done so far. And on the flip side, I thought Dia had a not-as-good night. Beverly and Vicci were pretty consistent.

I can't pick a favorite based on last night, but overall, I still like Vicci and Dia the best.

And will you allow me to be petty and gossipy for a bit? There's no way in hell that Dia does not have the biggest crush in the world on Blake Shelton. He's handsome, charming, successful and has been treating her like a princess. I've got a crush on him and I've never met him. Dia is a beautiful woman and I wonder if that's caused any tension in the Shelton household. There, I said it.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,288,141 times
I don't think blake was being serious at all or rude - just different senses of humor involved, much like different musical tastes

I think javier has an excellent voice - he just needs someone to tell him how to use it .... although I wasn't a huge fan of vicci's song, he should sing more like her .... build to something, don't be afraid to hold a note, not every word deserves 3 or 4 different notes to it .... in the end it runs together and becomes boring

dia's song sounded like something that is out on the radio right now - i think she nailed it on the individual side

i liked beverly's as well - her duet was the star of the night, but her solo was pretty good - although it felt like it got a bit repetitive and went on a bit too long

overall I really enjoyed the show and am looking forward to season two .... the only thing I would change is bring the chick from the social media segments out front and let her host the show .... carson is painful - not energetic, monotone and his accent is brutal

dia definitely has a crush on blake - but nothing wrong with that .... i'm sure both blake and his mrs are used to having the other gain the attention from the opposite gender

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,165,154 times
I think that the voice unlike even Idol, demonstrates how an artist can live or die as a result of the folks around them, because unless they have total artistic control they remain at the mercy of song writers, and producers and this has been especially evident over the course of this season of the The Voice where the coaches have made some incredibly brilliant decisions along with some not so brilliant. So who are you actually voting for, the singer, or the producer/coach? For that I don't have an answer.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM

Finger Laker - well I appreciate you not saying it's Christina's fault. I don't see how Blake could've taken that as anything but joking around. I think there's clearly something going on there. It was the perfect opportunity to unload whatever frustration he already had toward her. And I think Christina's awkward in delivering her jokes/jabs because I think she sort of knows she's gonna be "misunderstood" (I put that in quotes, because let's face it... some people will TRY to take it wrong deliberately...) before she even begins. lol But yet she's headstrong enough that she's not going to let worrying what people think keep her from being herself.

Plus, Mark Burnett, often came out during breaks and said, "That's great, keep doing it!" Regarding the jabs and bickering between coaches. (I heard that directly from fans who actually went to tapings of the show.)

Beverly and Javier are the main VOICES. They are the only ones who epidomize the title "The Voice" IMO.

Last edited by MSPLove; 06-29-2011 at 11:00 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjyKOvz3tc
Yay Adam @ 5:45. Way to disspell the drama... I like this guy. He seems so drama-free.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,637,162 times
While I think the voting public are still very much behind Javier, I also think that Dia is coming up fast and furious. Her song is indeed #1 on ITunes, just as Blake predicted.

Personally I definitely prefer Dia over Javier, but I really like Beverly too and rock just isn't my thing generally. Kinda odd, but her performances pull me in more than most.

The comments about the shadow boxes were out of line in my opinion. When Blake commented on the 'mimes' it was because they added nothing to the song. There was no connection. In this case the song was about SHADOWS, so they definitely connected and I instantly 'got it'. Maybe there should have been less of them, but to say they had no business being there was the wrong way to go.

Honestly, I've never really listened to Christina before and don't know much about her as a person, but it seems as though she expected to be the big draw for the show and Blake is getting as much if not more attention and she is trying to put it back on her. I thought she was going to come out of her seat when he joined Brad Paisley on the stage....it almost looked like she had no clue he was going to do that.

It makes good TV, that's for sure. It just comes across to me as her being petty. Maybe it's not really that way, but that's just how I see it.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Finger Laker - well I appreciate you not saying it's Christina's fault. I don't see how Blake could've taken that as anything but joking around. I think there's clearly something going on there. It was the perfect opportunity to unload whatever frustration he already had toward her. And I think Christina's awkward in delivering her jokes/jabs because I think she sort of knows she's gonna be "misunderstood" (I put that in quotes, because let's face it... some people will TRY to take it wrong deliberately...) before she even begins. lol But yet she's headstrong enough that she's not going to let worrying what people think keep her from being herself.

Plus, Mark Burnett, often came out during breaks and said, "That's great, keep doing it!" Regarding the jabs and bickering between coaches. (I heard that directly from fans who actually went to tapings of the show.)

Beverly and Javier are the main VOICES. They are the only ones who epidomize the title "The Voice" IMO.
I don't mind christina on the show at all - i think the banter was pretty friendly anyhow ..... maybe i've spent too much time on a basketball court or growing up in a male dominated testosterone household or simply spent 5 years living in philly

but it just seemed like playfully talking junk - i don't think there was anything all that serious about it and i'm sure the producers do like it when they start to banter a little bit and let their personalities show

i think blake is quick witted and fairly dry in his sense of humor - christina is kind of the antagonist who will fan things on - ceelo is just the clown prince and adam is kind of the foil

kind of like blakes comment about getting into adams pants - same tone, same delivery, etc .... wouldnt' think that was serious either

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM

i also think we miss a lot of the interaction that goes on with all the judges - it seems like they spend a fair amount of time together throughout the process and i'm sure they are having some of that type of proding spill over

the show is setup as a competition so i'm also sure there is a lot of "i'm going to kick your butt" type of stuff - they are all successful and seem to have a competative streak in them as well

it looks like everyone gets along though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV