Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,831,169 times

Advertisements

Reposting this link so we can follow the iTunes results:

iTunes Top 100 Songs (USA)

Old 06-18-2013, 05:10 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,870,336 times
My favorite judge-competitor song last night was the one done by Blake and the Swon Bros. His love song duet with Danielle was a little creepy with her being less than half his age.

Thought the Swon Bros. did great picking a well-known Eagles song, and I think they did a nice job with it. Was disappointed about them singing "Danny's Song" since they just did it last week.

Didn't like Michelle at all last night. Didn't think they were her best performances, and I think it will hurt her.

Danielle was great on everything, and I loved her "Born To Fly" song at the end. Having said that, I gave my 10 votes to the Swon Bros. since I've been a fan since day one.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
I was so creeped out by that Timber song...and now starting to be creeped out by Blake in general.

I didn't bother to vote online since it want to hook into my facebook, but I would have voted for Michelle. Bought both of her songs on iTunes, too.

I missed the first 40 minutes of the show. I checked before the show started and my DVR was scheduled to record. And even when I went to the channel during the show (when I turned it on at 7:40) it said it was recording. But...I couldn't find the recording?! So I missed the Swon bros Eagle's song, and Michelle's re-sing of Trouble. I wished I could have missed all the re-sings. Why do they do that? Maybe to give the Swon Bros and Danielle an extra bump? (Danny's Song charted higher than I Can't Tell you Why...and despite people buying Maybe I was Mephis enough to make it to #1 weeks ago, there were still enough who bought it (again?) to make it back up to #8)

I'm assuming that the time of death of my watching the Voice will be in about 12 hours since I've got a 2/3 chance of that happening.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
I think the re-sings are a waste of time and energy.

Also, I, too, was creeped out by Blake's duet with Danielle, but only because she looked like she has the biggest crush in the universe on him. Can't blame her, but it's the stuff country music is made of. If she were Taylor Swift she'd write a song about it. I just hope he's got good sense and doesn't do anything stupid.

Nevertheless, Danielle has one of the purest voices I've ever heard and predict she'll win tonight.

Last edited by Marlow; 06-18-2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I thing the re-sings are a waste of time and energy.
Ugh, I hate them. I wish they would go back to what they did in Season 1 and have a new song written for each contestant, so we could get an idea of the kind of single they would release. (Do they still do that on Idol? I stopped watching that about 27 seasons ago)

Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
I am in agreement about the creep factor of Danielle and Blake - not only is she young, she is tiny and looks even younger, made Blake seem like a pedophile, ugh..... and don't get me wrong, I DO like Blake, this was just a huge mistake, IMO....

I too, was disappointed the Swons did Danny's song. It sounded nice, but we just heard that. Would have preferred the George Jones tribute.

Hated the Taylor Swift song with a mad passion, ugh. I don't think this helped Michelle at at all. I like her the least at this point, although I thought her other song was her best in weeks.

Danielle definitely sounded superb last night. She utterly KILLED on Born to Fly - that song was made for her. I love her and the Swons almost equally, but she does have the best voice and I think she will be wildly popular. I think all three will have some kind of decent career. Usher will help Michelle a lot, and we know how much Blake does for his team members.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM

Default Happy Birthday Blake!

Today is Blake's 37th birthday! So winning The Voice (again) will be a nice present. Assuming he does win again.

On Danielle's Facebook page she said she found out yesterday she will be singing a duet with Hunter Hayes tonight. Hunter Hayes is 22 years old and single. Can we have an AMEN! We won't be creeped out like we were last night! 16 and 22 singing together is way better than 16 and 37! Especially with a love song.

For those that want to vote and worry about it being linked to Facebook, you just vote, and then click on the area where it says "Don't post on my Facebook page", it is an extra step, but I vote every week and never have it show up on my Facebook page. I don't want my Facebook friends to know what a Voice Geek I am.

All three are winners but I think Danielle is going to win this thing. I think she will eventually grow into her personality and will have a career in Country. The Swons already have great personalities and will be opening acts this fall, just wait and see! I hope Michelle does well too and I think with Usher's help she will be fine.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
Ugh, I hate them. I wish they would go back to what they did in Season 1 and have a new song written for each contestant, so we could get an idea of the kind of single they would release. (Do they still do that on Idol? I stopped watching that about 27 seasons ago)
Yes they still do it on Idol. Phillip Phillips the winner last year had a big hit with his song last year. Usually they are a sappy mess in my opinion. I agree resinging songs just sung is a waste and makes the show sort of boring. Like let's get though this song and onto the next "new" one!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,426,725 times
Haven't watched this season, except for a couple of episodes. And I'll be watching tonight because Christina and Cher will be on there, but I'm for Michelle Chamuel all the way. She's different.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Today is Blake's 37th birthday! So winning The Voice (again) will be a nice present. Assuming he does win again.

On Danielle's Facebook page she said she found out yesterday she will be singing a duet with Hunter Hayes tonight. Hunter Hayes is 22 years old and single. Can we have an AMEN! We won't be creeped out like we were last night! 16 and 22 singing together is way better than 16 and 37! Especially with a love song.

For those that want to vote and worry about it being linked to Facebook, you just vote, and then click on the area where it says "Don't post on my Facebook page", it is an extra step, but I vote every week and never have it show up on my Facebook page. I don't want my Facebook friends to know what a Voice Geek I am.

All three are winners but I think Danielle is going to win this thing. I think she will eventually grow into her personality and will have a career in Country. The Swons already have great personalities and will be opening acts this fall, just wait and see! I hope Michelle does well too and I think with Usher's help she will be fine.
Yes, AMEN to Hunter Hayes!! Hubby an I are HUGE fans of Hunter. Not only is he sweet and adorable, he is mad talented - great songwriter and a junior Keith Urban on guitar! He is a real up-and-coming country star, so this is a win-win for him and Danielle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV