Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,555,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I think Danielle's singing is effortless...within her someone narrow range. I think that Amber has a far greater range. Also, the more I watch/hear Danielle, the less I like her. For someone who doesn't emote at all, she somehow comes across as very fake to me.
After seeing them perform the same song together last night I can't imagine how anyone can believe this about their respective ranges. Danielle hit the low notes much harder where Amber struggled to get them out. Danielle has much stronger control of her upper register, and her voice is much less strained and has a lot more clarity on the louder high notes. Danielle is singing them while Amber is shouting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
And Adam didn't pick Amber over Judith. He picked Amber over Sasha, who is also still hanging around. Judith battled Karina (who was also stolen by Shakira).
My mistake. Sasha is way better than Amber too. IMO.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 AM

8,684 posts, read 10,239,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS. SKIP IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS.

Danielle has them both beat handily in terms of her ease of range. She hits notes effortlessly, or at least makes it appear effortless, that the other two are clearly straining to hit. I also think her voice quality is better and it has a clarity about it compared to the other two, especially Holly, but I guess that's subjective. I wasn't surprised to see Holly go.

There's also a major difference between Danielle and Taylor Swift: Danielle can actually sing in tune during live performances. And she's a lot easier to look at too.

A Michelle win isn't that far-fetched. Best I can tell the only thing standing between her and victory is Danielle, and if the top three come down to Michelle and two country acts, the other two may split the country-fan vote and hand Michelle the win.

Meanwhile many people thought Adam was a straight-up fool for picking Amber over Judith in the battle rounds. Meanwhile, Amber is still around while Judith is gone -- a gross injustice if you ask me.

THIS CONCLUDES THE SPOILER POST.
That's interesting that you think Danielle's voice is clearer. I guess we all hear differently. I thought that Amber's voice quality sounds cleaner and she sounds more in-tune with what she is singing while Danielle's voice sounds at times a little raspier. Don't get me wrong, I do not think Danielle sounds raspy, I just don't hear that same clarity, but she does seem able to belt out tunes with what appears to be less effort, but I personally enjoy watching a singer express what they are singing. The opportunity for both of them to sing together really sold me on Amber. IMO, she is the better singer with better range and is the more diverse singer. Even my roommate who's favorite is Danielle agreed.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's interesting that you think Danielle's voice is clearer. I guess we all hear differently. I thought that Amber's voice quality sounds cleaner and she sounds more in-tune with what she is singing while Danielle's voice sounds at times a little raspier. Don't get me wrong, I do not think Danielle sounds raspy, I just don't hear that same clarity, but she does seem able to belt out tunes with what appears to be less effort, but I personally enjoy watching a singer express what they are singing. The opportunity for both of them to sing together really sold me on Amber. IMO, she is the better singer with better range and is the more diverse singer.
I'll grant you more diverse, Danielle has a classic "country" vocal style most suitable for that specific genre. As for the rest I vehemently disagree. I'm having flashbacks to my vocal training days when I was a younger lad and I can just feel my throat and torso tensing up when Amber revs up for the big high notes. Sometimes it's literally physically uncomfortable for me to listen to her.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:51 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
I'll grant you more diverse, Danielle has a classic "country" vocal style most suitable for that specific genre. As for the rest I vehemently disagree. I'm having flashbacks to my vocal training days when I was a younger lad and I can just feel my throat and torso tensing up when Amber revs up for the big high notes. Sometimes it's literally physically uncomfortable for me to listen to her.
I agree with you completely. While I have said that I love Amber's voice, and she is just about my favorite, I too have vocal training and hear the same things you do. Amber has no low register at all - when she sang "Crazy" she had to alter the notes at the bottom and even then I could not hear them. Same with Eternal Flame. One other problem she has is that she struggles on her high notes - she can't hit them square on, she always "slides up" to them. That's OK in country music, that is a style. But it doesn't work for pop or rock. She can get vocal training to overcome these weaknesses, just as Danielle can get training to become more expressive. They are both good in their own ways.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post

The only negative thing for me last night was the Madonna song for Michelle and Sasha. That was not the right song for them, they deserved a song that would showcase their talent better. That was not a good fit a all. But I also loved Amber and Danielle on Eternal Flame...Awesome!
Yes, I thought the same thing about that Madonna song - what were they thinking? I love the song itself, but not for these two artists. Seems like they were showcasing some 80s' pop this week, but surely they could have come up with something more suitable than that.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 AM

I wanted to see Michelle in a Devo outfit.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I wanted to see Michelle in a Devo outfit.
That would be cool as heck. I would really enjoy seeing her dress somewhat different.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That would be cool as heck. I would really enjoy seeing her dress somewhat different.
Yeah, I get the "being herself" angle, but at least a little variety would be nice.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 AM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I am happy that Michelle is still holding strong. I loved the second song she sang this week.

I can't even keep the names of all the blonde girls on this show straight. They all blur together for me. Probably because I am not a fan of country music. The Swon brothers bore me.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,870,336 times
I too was impressed with the way the Swon Brothers, when they were saved, immediately started comforting Holly, who clearly wasn't handling it well. Blake, too. I'm sure he was heartbroken when he realized he'd be losing one of his team members.

Agree with the bad song choice for Sasha and Michelle. Loved Amber and Danielle's version of "Eternal Flame" and may even have to download it if it's available on iTunes. Always did like that song.

I appreciate Michelle's uniqueness, but I would also like to see her change up her wardrobe more. Too much of the same thing every week.

I don't think she's as popular, but I do think Sasha has a better voice and is more versatile than Amber.

Agree with the poster who thought Holly and the Swon Bros. sounded good together and could become a group like Lady Antebellum. I really liked their collaboration last night. I also happe to think Danielle and the Swon Bros. sound good together too.

Finally, although I didn't mention it in my previous comments about last night's show, I am kind of glad that all four judges still have a contestant in the semi-finals. I like Usher and Shakira so much that I'd hate to see one of them have to lose before that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV