Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,829,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That's kind of insulting. Some people really like that old style, "humorous" type country music. I actually thought it was a fun song, and enjoyed it. I don't buy any of the songs or vote, though. This show is just for entertainment for me, and I can listen to their songs again on youtube if I want.
No insult intended. I liked them singing "Wagon Wheel" and they earned 3 of the ten votes, I voted for on-line. I too thought it was funny in a comedy way, but I don't think Blake should have picked that song for them, at this stage of the contest. I think the brothers were sort of embarassed singing it. But I could be wrong. I am still loving the Swon Brothers, Danielle, and Amber.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,856,776 times
I really enjoyed last night's show and how we got to see some other sides of a few of the artists. Sasha, who has not been my favorite, gave two outstanding performances last night that may have changed some people's opinions about her.

Didn't like the song that Adam chose to Amanda, but her version of "Crazy" blew me away. Loved it.

Although I love Danielle, neither of the songs she sang last night did much for me. Same for Michelle.

Liked Holly's first song with attitude but not the second.

I'm not going to apologize for really liking the Swon Brothers. Agree that "Okie From Muskogee" was a little draggy. "Wagon Wheel" was much better.

From my perspective, I think Holly may be sent home tonight.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 PM

19,311 posts, read 16,853,929 times
Aw, jeez. I came here looking for spoilers as to who went home but I got nuthin' Guess I have to wait, like the rest of us on the west coast.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:31 PM

8,668 posts, read 10,214,783 times
I won't post any elimination spoilers, but I will say that after watching Danielle and Amber performing "Eternal Flame", it seemed quite obvious to me as to who the better singer was, at that was Amber.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,369,888 times
I don't care for country, I've fast forwarded through the majority of the country performances. That said I listened to all of them on Monday and I don't get it. I thought both Amber and Holly were better than Danielle. (That being said I didn't care for any of them all that much.) All this talk about how great she is just doesn't add up for me. I was expecting someone on a Carrie Underwood or Martina McBride level, instead I feel like I got maybe a small step up from Taylor Swift.

I know it's not likely, but I hope Michelle wins. I think she is the best vocally and performance wise.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,467,041 times
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS. SKIP IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't care for country, I've fast forwarded through the majority of the country performances. That said I listened to all of them on Monday and I don't get it. I thought both Amber and Holly were better than Danielle. (That being said I didn't care for any of them all that much.) All this talk about how great she is just doesn't add up for me. I was expecting someone on a Carrie Underwood or Martina McBride level, instead I feel like I got maybe a small step up from Taylor Swift.

I know it's not likely, but I hope Michelle wins. I think she is the best vocally and performance wise.
Danielle has them both beat handily in terms of her ease of range. She hits notes effortlessly, or at least makes it appear effortless, that the other two are clearly straining to hit. I also think her voice quality is better and it has a clarity about it compared to the other two, especially Holly, but I guess that's subjective. I wasn't surprised to see Holly go.

There's also a major difference between Danielle and Taylor Swift: Danielle can actually sing in tune during live performances. And she's a lot easier to look at too.

A Michelle win isn't that far-fetched. Best I can tell the only thing standing between her and victory is Danielle, and if the top three come down to Michelle and two country acts, the other two may split the country-fan vote and hand Michelle the win.

Meanwhile many people thought Adam was a straight-up fool for picking Amber over Judith in the battle rounds. Meanwhile, Amber is still around while Judith is gone -- a gross injustice if you ask me.

THIS CONCLUDES THE SPOILER POST.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 AM

758 posts, read 1,645,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I won't post any elimination spoilers, but I will say that after watching Danielle and Amber performing "Eternal Flame", it seemed quite obvious to me as to who the better singer was, at that was Amber.
100% agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post

I hope that she wins, too. Or Amber. I really like Amber. She reminds me of a Carrie Underwood/Kelly Clarkson. Able to do the country thing. But also the rock thing. And the soul/R&B thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

Danielle has them both beat handily in terms of her ease of range. She hits notes effortlessly, or at least makes it appear effortless, that the other two are clearly straining to hit. I also think her voice quality is better and it has a clarity about it compared to the other two, especially Holly, but I guess that's subjective. I wasn't surprised to see Holly go.

There's also a major difference between Danielle and Taylor Swift: Danielle can actually sing in tune during live performances. And she's a lot easier to look at too.

A Michelle win isn't that far-fetched. Best I can tell the only thing standing between her and victory is Danielle, and if the top three come down to Michelle and two country acts, the other two may split the country-fan vote and hand Michelle the win.

Meanwhile many people thought Adam was a straight-up fool for picking Amber over Judith in the battle rounds. Meanwhile, Amber is still around while Judith is gone -- a gross injustice if you ask me.

I think Danielle's singing is effortless...within her someone narrow range. I think that Amber has a far greater range. Also, the more I watch/hear Danielle, the less I like her. For someone who doesn't emote at all, she somehow comes across as very fake to me.

And Adam didn't pick Amber over Judith. He picked Amber over Sasha, who is also still hanging around. Judith battled Karina (who was also stolen by Shakira).

Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,712,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
100% agreed!

I hope that she wins, too. Or Amber. I really like Amber. She reminds me of a Carrie Underwood/Kelly Clarkson. Able to do the country thing. But also the rock thing. And the soul/R&B thing.

I think Danielle's singing is effortless...within her someone narrow range. I think that Amber has a far greater range. Also, the more I watch/hear Danielle, the less I like her. For someone who doesn't emote at all, she somehow comes across as very fake to me.

And Adam didn't pick Amber over Judith. He picked Amber over Sasha, who is also still hanging around. Judith battled Karina (who was also stolen by Shakira).
Amber reminds me of Carrie Underwood, too. I always say that to my husband. I love her voice.
Danielle kinda reminds me of that Brady Bunch girl--w/ the long hair. Nice voice, too, but maybe more for the young crowd.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 AM

17,588 posts, read 39,311,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Amber reminds me of Carrie Underwood, too. I always say that to my husband. I love her voice.
Danielle kinda reminds me of that Brady Bunch girl--w/ the long hair. Nice voice, too, but maybe more for the young crowd.
LOL - Yes, Amber has always reminded me of Carrie - she even resembles her somewhat. I love her voice, she is my favorite - not only can she sing any type of music (like Carrie) she knows just how to "nuance" her singing appropriate to the material.

I still really like Danielle - I LOVED the two of them on Eternal Flame - it was nice to hear Danielle sing something not country. I thought her voice rang out clear as a bell, and thought she sounded every bit as good as Amber, at some points actually even better. JMO, of course.

Top 2 are Danielle and Michelle for sure. They will be duking it out at the end.

I enjoyed seeing Cassadee - wasn't super crazy about her song but not bad. And she's touring with Rascal Flatts, so that will help her out a lot. She seems like a sweet girl.

One last thing I want to say, I thought it was so incredibly sweet last night, that when Swon Bros. name was called as the last to be safe, neither one smiled they just immediately turned to Hollie and starting hugging and comforting her. That says a lot to me about what kind of guys they are. I know they won't survive the cut next week (probably) but I hope they have success. I thought Holly sounded great singing with them and thought they could be a group like Lady Antebellum or Little Big Town. Those groups are really popular right now (plus the Band Perry).

Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,829,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
LOL - Yes, Amber has always reminded me of Carrie - she even resembles her somewhat. I love her voice, she is my favorite - not only can she sing any type of music (like Carrie) she knows just how to "nuance" her singing appropriate to the material.

I still really like Danielle - I LOVED the two of them on Eternal Flame - it was nice to hear Danielle sing something not country. I thought her voice rang out clear as a bell, and thought she sounded every bit as good as Amber, at some points actually even better. JMO, of course.

Top 2 are Danielle and Michelle for sure. They will be duking it out at the end.

I enjoyed seeing Cassadee - wasn't super crazy about her song but not bad. And she's touring with Rascal Flatts, so that will help her out a lot. She seems like a sweet girl.

One last thing I want to say, I thought it was so incredibly sweet last night, that when Swon Bros. name was called as the last to be safe, neither one smiled they just immediately turned to Hollie and starting hugging and comforting her. That says a lot to me about what kind of guys they are. I know they won't survive the cut next week (probably) but I hope they have success. I thought Holly sounded great singing with them and thought they could be a group like Lady Antebellum or Little Big Town. Those groups are really popular right now (plus the Band Perry).
Agree with all of the above. I thought it was nice to the way Blake was hugging her when she was crying at the end. Blake really does care about his singers and sometimes it looks like he is near tears himself. When Danielle and Amber were singing I was thinking that could make a very interesting top 2.

The only negative thing for me last night was the Madonna song for Michelle and Sasha. That was not the right song for them, they deserved a song that would showcase their talent better. That was not a good fit a all. But I also loved Amber and Danielle on Eternal Flame...Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV