Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times

Advertisements

Jan, I agree some of the shtick definitely gets old - especially the sexual innuendo. Although, last night CLo was cracking me up with his response to the hip hop girl from the Bronx.

From last night...

Sam the reggae singer - I was mixed about him and, although he sounded good, I was leaning more toward what CLo said it wasn't - more of an imitation than an homage. Jury's out on this kid for me for now - will have to see how he develops.

Chris the boy band kid who no one turned around for - blech - he rubbed me the wrong way from the start. He seems delusional and stuck in his pre-teen life. To me he came across as a prime candidate for some therapy or coaching - seriously, not a slam, I think it could help him get some perspective on things. He was flat and didn't have the breath control to dance and sing at the same time. The best part of his appearance was seeing Blake moonwalk - what a hoot!

Nellie from Nigeria - OMG loved him, loved his story, loved his rhythm, tone, vibrato, everything. He was so cute with his brother. I agree with Adam, though - I thought he'd pick Adam and that it would have been a better choice. Nellie was the one stand out of the night for me.

Duo - I was surprised Blake fought so hard for them. They were ok and have potential but they didn't wow me.

Domo from the Bronx - Another with a huge ego and unrealistic (IMO) image of themselves. More warranted in her than in the boy band guy but not 100%. The dancing I saw from her wasn't all that great and CLo's right that the song didn't really highlight anything about her voice. We'll have to see if she can keep up. She sure has plenty of charisma and confidence. Even Xtina said something like - yikes, you'll have your hands full with that one!

Nicole - Hallelujah - so I happen to love this song and can't help but be moved by a halfway good performance - but also get worn out with so many contestants trying to sing it (more on Idol than here). She was very good but I think the song itself moved people and tricked everyone into thinking she was even better than she was with that song. That's my opinion, of course - I thought she deserved to be picked and was the second best of the night. Again, Blake stole that for me with his "I too am organic" LOL. He's the star of this season so far!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,758,889 times
I just caught bits and pieces of the show last night because I was watching the "X-Factor" with Simon.

Duo - I didn't think they were all that great.

Domo - Needs to get over herself.

As for the others I really can't give my opinion because I only heard about 30 seconds of their song.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:13 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Man Domo really irritated me! I think she will be this season's RaeLynn for me...not that they are anything alike, but both of them made me want to shoot my TV, and both will probably outwear their welcome(s).

I think I am officially in love with Blake Shelton. Or Adam Levine. Or the Blake/Adam couple.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
I saw Blake on one of those sleezy gossip shows last night. Turned the TV on a few minutes early for The Voice and caught him. He said he would not be back for Season 4 because the network is doing back to back seasons (like DWTS which does 2 seasons every calendar year) and it would mean he couldn't tour this year.

Color me sad.

Hope the network reconsiders.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:27 PM

5,124 posts, read 16,648,545 times
Last night's talent didn't wow me at all. I'll catch Tuesday night's show this Saturday when it airs as a repeat. Liked a few from Monday night.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:39 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,758,889 times
"The Voice" beat "X-Factor" in last nights ratings.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Ok so my favorite by far tonight was Avery - the last kid who sang Without You. I'm glad he went with CLo.

My least favorite to make it through was Beat Frequency. I can't see them lasting long. Her speaking voice was so annoying and she looked 48 not 28 - stop with the tanning bed! Plus, I just didn't think they were very good - especially her.

I also didn't like how Liz looked and acted - especially how she performed on stage. But I did think she was one of the best singers of the night. She was the country girl who went with Blake. I liked her better once she left the stage and was back with her family.

Nicholas and Melanie were my other favorites but that's just because pickings were slim tonight. Nicholas was the Stand By Me guy with the beard from MN. I loved when he said "holy buckets!" Melanie was the first girl with the gap in her teeth and the two tone hair. I liked her but am not expecting her to go too far.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ok so my favorite by far tonight was Avery - the last kid who sang Without You. I'm glad he went with CLo.

My least favorite to make it through was Beat Frequency. I can't see them lasting long. Her speaking voice was so annoying and she looked 48 not 28 - stop with the tanning bed! Plus, I just didn't think they were very good - especially her.

I also didn't like how Liz looked and acted - especially how she performed on stage. But I did think she was one of the best singers of the night. She was the country girl who went with Blake. I liked her better once she left the stage and was back with her family.

Nicholas and Melanie were my other favorites but that's just because pickings were slim tonight. Nicholas was the Stand By Me guy with the beard from MN. I loved when he said "holy buckets!" Melanie was the first girl with the gap in her teeth and the two tone hair. I liked her but am not expecting her to go too far.

Agree with all except Melanie.... though I agree she will not go far <G>.
I had a sense that Christina was sorry she was the only one who punched her button for that awful married couple! They will be among the first ones gone, for sure. The husband is the worse of the two...and they are clearly delusional about their career in music. If they skip having a family for this slim venture I think they will be very sorry.

I think Avery is the front-runner right now -- right up there with Aquile or whatever his name is (who went with Christina.)

Does anyone else want to send Christina some fabric for the front of her blouses??? So tired of seeing
"the girls" ...even a local radio personality mentioned it. But I can't stand her anyway...the guys are keeping me turning in... Blake has been especially funny but I love Adam for sure! The other night when he was razzing Blake about that odd "if we were in a gymnasium" speech he gave to the La Bamba singer... then Adam affected the bad Southern accent and said "...and I see a unicorn...." I was almost in tears from laughing so hard.

I swore I would not get caught up in the show this year but here I am!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,094,304 times
The big news this morning is that both Christina and Cee-Lo will be taking Season 4 off and will be replaced by Shakira and Usher. Both Christina and Cee-Lo will be back for Season 5 though. Christina is going to tour and Cee-Lo is going to write/record music and develop a sitcom based on his life .

My guess is that Adam and Blake will wind up taking Season 5 off and a rotation will be put into place.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I had a sense that Christina was sorry she was the only one who punched her button for that awful married couple! If they skip having a family for this slim venture I think they will be very sorry.

Does anyone else want to send Christina some fabric for the front of her blouses???

Adam affected the bad Southern accent and said "...and I see a unicorn...." I was almost in tears from laughing so hard.
I thought the same about Xtina's regrets! I also thought that Adam wasn't too sorry to let Cee-Lo have the bearded dude from MN - once he started talking I think it wigged Adam out a little. Oh and back to the bad couple - when the woman said they gave up having kids for this I wanted to jump through the screen and shake her! I don't have kids and don't want them - but if they actually want kids they're making a horrible decision, IMO.

Oy those breasts! Way too much on display and I hate that over-full look on anyone - plus, even though they're so massive and I know someone in Hollywood has a spare roll of tape, half the time they're all wall-eyed one going east and one west! Despite her trashy look, I have a soft spot for Xtina - partly because she's a burgher also, partly because I do think she has some great pipes, and partly because she seems good-hearted.

The accent and unicorn comment got me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
The big news this morning is that both Christina and Cee-Lo will be taking Season 4 off and will be replaced by Shakira and Usher. Both Christina and Cee-Lo will be back for Season 5 though. Christina is going to tour and Cee-Lo is going to write/record music and develop a sitcom based on his life .

My guess is that Adam and Blake will wind up taking Season 5 off and a rotation will be put into place.
Thanks for the info! Usher could be good but not so thrilled with the Shakira idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV