Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,400,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I do too. His voice is like butter.
I got so excited when he was chosen last night. I feel like the girl he went up against really thought she was gonna take it...lady gaga blah blah whatever.

I was sitting here and as each judge said Avery I was like...YAY! YAY!

Then when he was chosen..YAY!!!!!

Very lovely vice.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:21 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,516,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
OK, the final battle of the battle round was pretty good. I guess the contestants don't know what order they go on in, or who passed, who stole, etc? I mean, as the audience, we knew that both people from CeeLo's team were going to make it through, but...

It would be neat if the coaches had the OPTION to steal, but didn't have to.

I think these knockout rounds look lame. They made a huge deal how there were more contestants this year (16 instead of 12) and how there were steals (making teams even bigger...10 instead of 8)...only to do these stupid knockout rounds and wind up with less people in the live shows? Granted, it is only one fewer person per team (5 VS 6) but STILL!
They don't air the battles in the order that they actually sang. They have the judges wear the same outfit thru all of them so they can shuffle them around to make the most compelling shows.

Didn't they have knock out rounds last year? I can't remember. But I agree, they need to start the audience voting right now.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM

758 posts, read 1,642,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
They don't air the battles in the order that they actually sang. They have the judges wear the same outfit thru all of them so they can shuffle them around to make the most compelling shows.

Didn't they have knock out rounds last year? I can't remember. But I agree, they need to start the audience voting right now.
Nope, no knockout rounds last year. Each team started with 12, did battle rounds to reduce to 6 and then went to live shows. But last year they DID do that random instant elimination right after each team sang (and before voting began for the night). I think that was when it was down to 4 people....?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Did Nicholas David get a smile makeover? His teeth looked different to me. They sure invest a lot of money in these people.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM

In general, I'm disappointed in many of the performances. A lot of them sounded better in rehearsal. My favorite so far is the girl with the long red hair everyone gushed over. I think her name is Lauren?

Weird that CeeLo's team is all guys this year. He usually melts over a girl or two. Wonder if he decided they got in the way of his good judgement?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,561,238 times
I loved the African-American guy who was paired with the AA woman who sang the Whitney Houston song. Can't remember either of their names, but that dude had a frikking killer voice.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,561,238 times
Oh, and I also love the shaggy haired hippy guy. He is awesome too. Its so refreshing to see a person on one of these shows who doesn't look like a movie star.

It makes me thinks of the musicians in the 60's and 70's before ,usic videos came along. They became famous by playing in small clubs, getting on the radio, and then playing huge live shows. Many of them are not very attractive, but have killer voices.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 AM

I am so not impressed with the wedding singer. Between the blind audition snippet, the battle snippet, and then the knockout round I can't figure out...why is she here? Just because she can hold a long note? I feel like it was "we thought you would suck, but SURPRISE you didn't' suck, so you win!"

I really like 'St. Nick,' too, but I have to admit I was sad to see Mycle go. But FINALLY that quivering mess of Daniel Rosa is gone. I think he must have been handing out favors backstage, because I never understood the love, especially from Adam.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,613,247 times
So, I missed last week but caught most of last night's show (except the duo hair girl and her pairing). It sure was the night for guys to sing girls songs - most were decent choices, too. I also liked seeing which ones supported each other and really listened to the competition vs the ones who obviously were just agonizing over their own performance. For the most part it seemed like the guys were more supportive of each other - and, of course, Mother T and Trevin

I'll list the winner first...

Adam's team:

Jocelyn vs Cayla - glad he picked Jocelyn since I thought the other girl sounded way too affected and rushes her songs.

Bryan vs Joe - I actually thought that wasn't the best song choice for Bryan - good for his voice, yes - but not good otherwise. Like Adam said, he did finally pull it out about halfway through and I'm glad he won.

Amanda vs Michelle - Michelle felt she had a moment and the other judges did, too. It looked to me like Adam just wasn't into her, though. I figured he'd choose Amanda for personal reasons if nothing else. Either could have won that one.

Lauren vs Nicole - I really liked Nicole, loved her song choice, and didn't think Lauren was as amazing as the judges thought she was. I loved CeeLo telling Nicole she has a voice like a mother's love

Melanie vs Sam - missed this one but am sort of glad Melanie's still around for now.

CeeLo's team:

Cody vs Avery - Avery's outfit stood out to me as being really cheesy and not well put together. I wasn't thrilled with Cody singing Jolene even though I like that song - but did think he deserved the win.

Makenzie vs Daniel - Aw, I liked Daniel and thought he sounded better too.

Trevin vs Teresa - Loved both of them personally and was glad for Trevin's win. Teresa was so gracious - actually several of the cast-offs were.

Nicholas vs Mycal - Love Nicholas

Diego vs Caylin - Ok so, he did a really good job with that Lenny Kravitz song but good grief please find different pants! I can't handle seeing those little capri leggings on him one more time. Caylin had a nice tone to her voice when she managed to stay on key. She reminded me too much of Katy Perry in looks.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post

Jocelyn vs Cayla - glad he picked Jocelyn since I thought the other girl sounded way too affected and rushes her songs.
I have been so underwhelmed by the pop 'talent' this year, that I thought Kayla was one of the standouts since she was a bit more unique (and Chevonne (?) is the only one with talent, but that's for tonight's show)

Quote:

Amanda vs Michelle - Michelle felt she had a moment and the other judges did, too. It looked to me like Adam just wasn't into her, though. I figured he'd choose Amanda for personal reasons if nothing else. Either could have won that one.
I agree. I think Michelle is actually a better singer, but not 'better enough' to compensate for the fact that she is not pretty and skinny. Or at least skinny.

Quote:

Lauren vs Nicole - I really liked Nicole, loved her song choice, and didn't think Lauren was as amazing as the judges thought she was. I loved CeeLo telling Nicole she has a voice like a mother's love
I did like the mother's love comment. I'm not sure if Nicole is really current, but every song seems so effortless for her. Isn't this show the VOICE?

Quote:

Cody vs Avery - Avery's outfit stood out to me as being really cheesy and not well put together.
Absolutely. And I realized last night that this is the second time Cody bested someone who decided dancing and singing was more important than singing. Not that Domo was anything difficult to beat. But I'm so proud of Cee-Lo for not sending her through.

Quote:

Trevin vs Teresa - Loved both of them personally and was glad for Trevin's win. Teresa was so gracious - actually several of the cast-offs were.
Poor Teresa, she really deserved to go through to the live shows.

Quote:

Diego vs Caylin Caylin had a nice tone to her voice when she managed to stay on key. She reminded me too much of Katy Perry in looks.
I agree! She looks SOOO much like Katy Perry.

I wish that the KO rounds were assigned differently, because there were a few who should have gone to the live shows, and a few who made it who shouldn't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV