Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,138,591 times

Advertisements

Am I alone in thinking that there wasn't a single performer from the final 12 for whom I would vote if it's based on their performances tonight?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Am I alone in thinking that there wasn't a single performer from the final 12 for whom I would vote if it's based on their performances tonight?
I am still watching it but Sylvia Yacoub is about to sing. Thus far, I do agree.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
I voted for Sylvia Yacoub. Of the night, I think she was the best.

Another thing.... I really think most of the song choices were just terrible.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
Trevin Trevin Trevin Trevin Trevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin TrevinTrevin Trevin Trevin Trevin

I love Trevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry is my second fave (voice wise) - but I also love classic rock. Hope he sings some Def Leppard!!! whoo hoo!!! Def Leppard's Foolin' would be a great choice.

Foolin Def Leppard - YouTube

Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

I was mostly underwhelmed, but I thought Trevin, Nick and Terry still brought it. I always think that Trevin is a bit too boring that he won't actually make it through to the end...but then he sings and I feel...incoherent because he's so good. Nick, I'm always impressed with him. I just don't understand him. His voice is so bizarrely wonderful. And Terry is very consistent.

Hey Xtina? If you need to go on and on (and on and on) about how challenging the song was...your contestant shouldn't have been singing it, and shouldn't be in the competition.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 AM

17,625 posts, read 39,385,049 times
I did not enjoy most of the performances tonight due to much shouting and waaay oversinging (including Trevin and Amanda who are amazing singers)

Of tonight's performances I enjoyed Brian, Melanie and I forgot the third one I liked - LOL! Basically they just SANG their songs, in a nice pure way (Melanie sounded a lot better to me this time!)

I like Terry, but he goes REALLY flat up in his high register - really bothers me.

Anyway, no one I really care enough about to vote for, let alone buy music from. Just an entertaining show to watch.

ETA: Just remembered that Nicholas was my other fave from last night! I agree he probably won't go all the way, though. I love his smooth style, and the song choices for him are perfect.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
As I can't stand the "Titanic" song to begin with ( it brings back bad memories of Celine Dion
over-singing it...is she Christina's role model??) I didn't care for Sylvia's choice or performance.

I'd say Trevin or Terry should go thru...or at least I hope they do. Also do like Nicholas but I keep wondering when the bubble will burst for him. I don't see him going all the way.... Should be interesting!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
I have to say, last night was the first time I actually enjoyed listening to Dez. He finally found a song to fit him and I thought he did well.

Hated Sylvia and her choice of song. Way too ambitious and I thought she did a lot of screeching. Like catfancier, I've never liked the song or Celine Dion so that may be coloring my perception of Sylvia.

I liked Amanda and Cody up till last night but I think they both chose bad songs and fell flat.

I think my favorite of the night was Bryan Keith but I also liked Nicholas and Terry.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
I agree that last night's show was sort of meh. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Inspired by the Def Leppard post above, what songs would you like to see particular people sing? I would like to see some of the serious women like Sylvia and Cassadee relax and have some fun with a song--maybe "All I Wanna Do" or "A Change Would Do You Good" by Sheryl Crow. Less screeching and more singing.

Trevin or Terry could do some old Elvis-type Rock and Roll--"Blue Suede Shoes" or something by Buddy Holly.

I liked it better when Amanda rocked it out last week. Maybe she could do some more classic rock like "Satisfaction" by the Stones, or some bluesy Eric Clapton.

I guess I just wish they'd all lighten up with their song choices. I understand that they're trying to show off, last night's show was kind of a drag.

Anyone else have any song ideas? (Not that they're checking C-D for inspiration.)

Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
I dunno Marlow, they may be checking C-D. We talked last season about how we wished eliminated singers could to go another team, and also how we wanted the best singers to get to the finals even if that meant one coach didn't have anyone standing the last week or two. Both of those ideas were implemented. I think they may be lurking ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV