Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I dunno Marlow, they may be checking C-D. We talked last season about how we wished eliminated singers could to go another team, and also how we wanted the best singers to get to the finals even if that meant one coach didn't have anyone standing the last week or two. Both of those ideas were implemented. I think they may be lurking ...
You may be right! All the more reason for song suggestions!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Ooh, I forgot about Bryan. I was pleasantly surprised by him last night. I think he is far better than Amanda who, for me, only had one good song (though it WAS a doozie)--Vision of Love.

**edit: I wish Trevin would stop singing Michael Bolton. I'd actually like to hear him sing Unchained Melody, or maybe something by Aaron Neville (his version of Ave Maria is AMAZING) I wouldn't mind hearing Terry sing some Spin Doctors. No more Pink for Michaela, maybe some Cardigans? And I wouldn't mind hearing Adrianna...never sing again. :P

Last edited by hodgemo2; 11-13-2012 at 10:19 AM..

Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Alright I missed the Voice Last night so I've been catching up this afternoon.

Frankly, I slept and fast forwarded through the entire Ken and Barbie portion of the show... which was the entire first half (in my not so humble opinion).

But then!

Bryan Keith the Frank Sinatra the "Millennial Rat Pack"

Melanie Martinez: one of those voices that you hear coming up in the closing credits of your favorite TV show that sends running for your Shazam app.

Nicholas David: Tom Waits meets Joe Cocker meets, Capt Beefhart meets god who knows who else. (wasn't my favorite David performance, but I stayed awake.)

Trevin Hunte: Freaking Unreal! Since '66 Percy Sledge has solely and exclusively owned "When a Man Loved a Woman"... until Trevin slayed it. But where in god's name does a soul singer get airtime in this era post MoTown era??

Terry McDermott: Freaking Unreal 2.0! But like Trevin maybe because I'm so damned old Trevin and Terry just plain speak to me and the music that I any old guy would swear is so superior to anything being recorded today (there I go sounding like my dad).

Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
PS - Message to all aspiring female vocalist.

Unless you are absolutely certain that you are going to take a song by any of the following artist, leave it the frack alone:

Aretha,
Tina Turner,
Gladys Knight,
Dion,
Celine,
B Streisand,
Janis Joplin,
or
Billie Holiday,

Thank you in advance.

PPS - Huge props to the Voice band.

The Voice Band Bio | Band | The Voice | NBC

Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
PS - Message to all aspiring female vocalist.

Unless you are absolutely certain that you are going to take a song by any of the following artist, leave it the frack alone:

Aretha,
Tina Turner,
Gladys Knight,
Dion,
Celine,
B Streisand,
Janis Joplin,
or
Billie Holiday,

Thank you in advance.

PPS - Huge props to the Voice band.

The Voice Band Bio | Band | The Voice | NBC
I can't remember, who was it that butchered the Tina Turner song either last night or the show before? It may have even been a guy, I can't remember, but it was b-a-d!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,593,978 times
The final two shows of this season are set; a 90-minute edition on December 18th, and the two-hour season finale airs the following night.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,240,869 times
I personally like Amanda and Cody but I think Keith may win it ... I still don't get Dez, his 'voice' is mediocre at best.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I personally like Amanda and Cody but I think Keith may win it ... I still don't get Dez, his 'voice' is mediocre at best.

I don't get Dez, either. To me, his personality is bland, his looks (because, be honest, that's what's pulling him through) are blah, and his voice is 'eh.'

I'm not sure who I see winning, but I hope Cody sticks around another week or two, because I enjoy him..and I think there is still some thinning of the talent to do before they have to cut the personalities.

I'm going to miss Michaela. I would have been happy with Dez, Sylvia or even Amanda or Cassadee leaving in her spot.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
I don't get Dez either. Other than being a nice looking guy, he doesn't have anything else, no voice and not much personality. Guess he got in on looks.

If a guy has to win AGAIN this year, I hope it's Bryan. I love the tone of his voice, and probably the only one I would consider buying music from. I like Nicholas a lot, but I think a whole CD of him would get old quick for me.

Having said that, it's time for a woman to win, and I vote for Amanda. She just needs to sing better songs again - this week was awful. She is better on more rock-ish type songs where she can show off her versatility.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
I keep missing what Carson says about downloading iTunes. Something about it being extra votes for the contestants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV