Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Hated Jocelyn (the first one to sing, I think that's her name), hope she's gone. She screeches the high notes and grates on my nerves. Also Liz Davis did good on the chorus, but the rest of the song was too low for her or something. She just doesn't sound good unless she's belting it.

Loved Melanie though she was out of tune a bit. Like that she makes songs her own, and I love the timber of her voice.

I don't especially like mariachi, but I have to say Julio has the strongest voice and every single note was on tune. I think he may have been the only one all night who didn't miss a note. Wish he would do some Marc Anthony type ballads.

I agree about Julio. Everyone else went a bit pitchy somewhere, but he was spot on. I was still bored, though.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
BTW, does anyone have any idea why Adam Levine would wear that ratty-ass t-shirt to the rehearsals? I understand that he's a rocker and hip and casual and all, but really? My husband wouldn't do yard work in a shirt like that and he has some ancient, holey shirts. Is it a fashion statement I'm not getting? It made me want to send him a package of Hanes Beefy-T's.

And while I'm being petty, if Terry McDermott goes on, I hope someone will talk him into a different hair style. He looks like he let a litter of puppies chew on his hair.
LOL. That shirt really irritated me, too. I'm sure it cost $500, though. Probably the latest fashion statement.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
I enjoyed last nights show, I think towards the middle I kinda drifted off to the computer. I guess I wasn't being entertained. I did really like Amanda....

Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,563,088 times
What the heck was going through Ceelo's head when he dressed in that horrible white ruffly shirt and that awful wig? He looked ridiculous.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
I want to make a baby and Nicholas David is officially my favorite on The Voice.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
I want to make a baby and Nicholas David is officially my favorite on The Voice.

I trust you don't want to make it with HIM though... my choice would be Adam!! I'm sure he would have had no shortage of volunteers after he made that statement!

I don't see Nicholas making it to "last singer standing" status but he does have a great voice and interesting presence. I'm sure he'll do well after this much exposure, no matter how it turns out.

Come to think of it, we haven't heard of any great success of the previous two Voice winners...the first one (name escapes me at the moment) even parted ways with the record company over his unhappiness. And I don't think Jermaine Paul has even stepped into a studio yet!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:06 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,351,957 times
Quote:
He does have the unique soulfoul voice, plus he is humble....I have a coupe favs, but he is definitely one of them.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 AM

Can we get rid of Xtina's team to keep 4 of Ceelo's? I think 'St. Nick' is AWESOME! Cody and MacKenzie are favorites of mine, too. And Trevin was a bit boring for me last night, but there is no doubt that boy can S I N G!!

For Xtina, I wasn't impressed with any of them, but as long as Deb'downer leaves, I would be happy.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
I love Nicholas David but don't see him making it into the finals over Trevin. I thought it was rude that both CeeLo and Blake basically told him "you're ugly but you sure can sing." I also liked Diego and MacKenzie. MacKenzie's not the best singer but he is so darn cute.

No one on Christina's team stood out.

I'm probably making this up, but did I hear that the finals this year won't necessarily be one person from each team? That it will be the top 4 vote-getters? I think that would be more fair.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I love Nicholas David but don't see him making it into the finals over Trevin.
I agree. But I don't think it would come down to Trevin over Nicholas (this round anyway). I think CeeLo's save might go to him. Or Cody.

Quote:
MacKenzie's not the best singer but he is so darn cute.
Agreed again! I just like his whole schtick that he's got going for him.

Quote:
No one on Christina's team stood out.
Aside from the fact that they are all equally annoying and average?

Quote:
I'm probably making this up, but did I hear that the finals this year won't necessarily be one person from each team? That it will be the top 4 vote-getters? I think that would be more fair.
I think I remember hearing that too. It would certainly make more sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV