Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I just found De'Borah's appearance distracting. She's a very pretty, talented young woman and while I don't think anyone should make themselves uncomfortable by dressing in a way which is unnatural for them, I think if she'd toned it down some it would have been easier to appreciate her talent. Seems like she could have been true to her quirkiness (and her transgenderness, if that's what it is) without the primary color clothes, ties and glasses.

Granted, this is my middle-aged woman perspective.
I'm half past middle-aged and as result of living through the attire of musicians in the 70's (see David Bowie and Grace Jones) it's hard for me to find anyone distracting because of what they wear or how they act at this point. Although I am truly tired of the runway model walk that seems so ubiquitous amongst female vocalist.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,189,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Seeing Nicholas David voted to go forward was so pleasing to me.
I was thrilled! I'm hoping for him to go all the way. He's so unique. Plus, he's "old." I admire him for having the guts to go for it at his age.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM

902 posts, read 1,934,254 times
Adam Levine was on Ellen today and he said they are already filming the next season with Usher and Shakira as judges

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,240,869 times
The first one in Xtina's team that made it was ... Dez? I thought this show was about "the voice". Um ... yeah ... you're not winning this time around Xtina.

Heard Maroon 5 for the first time and ... ew, FF.

I am thinking CeeLo has it in the bag, although I did think Juliet Simms should have won ... who knows.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
The first one in Xtina's team that made it was ... Dez? I thought this show was about "the voice". Um ... yeah ... you're not winning this time around Xtina.

Heard Maroon 5 for the first time and ... ew, FF.

I am thinking CeeLo has it in the bag, although I did think Juliet Simms should have won ... who knows.
Dunno what FF is. But I didn't like Maroon 5's song on the last show at all. Very boring. I've heard others that I did like, but not a big enough fan to have actually listed to an album.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
I love Maroon 5, I've seen them in concert. What they did on the show the other night, I did not like at all....

I like Dez.... I don't think he is going to win, but I did like the country song he sang.....

Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM

318 posts, read 508,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
As you can see by other comments in this thread, I am NOT the only one who thinks she looks like a clown - or Urkel, to be exact, so save your "ignorant" comments - far from it. She is a young woman PURPOSELY trying to look ugly - that is why I have no sympathy for her whining. She is my least favorite in this whole competition. "De-Borah, just take off the damn bow-tie and clown glasses already...... and please quit hopping around grabbing your crotch - it is soooooo unappealing!
why would i care if you are not the only person that feels a certain way? lol that doesnt make it any better. you may not realize how ignorant you sound, but thats the point of the word! Who Purposely tries to look ugly? that doesnt make any sense...if she is ugly to you, thats one thing (and a nasty thing to say, but you are certainly entitled to that opinion) but i dont think she is trying to look ugly, in fact i think she looks nice.

OAN i do think its funny De'borah is deemed to look "funny", but not melanie, or nicholas, or michaela, but hey, i guess that what happens...

Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
why would i care if you are not the only person that feels a certain way? lol that doesnt make it any better. you may not realize how ignorant you sound, but thats the point of the word! Who Purposely tries to look ugly? that doesnt make any sense...if she is ugly to you, thats one thing (and a nasty thing to say, but you are certainly entitled to that opinion) but i dont think she is trying to look ugly, in fact i think she looks nice.

OAN i do think its funny De'borah is deemed to look "funny", but not melanie, or nicholas, or michaela, but hey, i guess that what happens...
Oh for cripes sake, what is your problem? Anyone that goes on this show (or any other) is going to get judged. Heck, they are ALL being judged by a panel and ALL OF AMERICA.

And please, dear, QUIT calling me ignorant, as I (and others have said) it's because De'Borah's "quirkiness" is not believable, it comes off as shtick. I call it like I see it and there is nothing ignorant about that. It's just my opinion, which I am entitled to, so back off. Doesn't matter now, anyway since she didn't make it.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM

318 posts, read 508,293 times
okay first of all take ownership of your own ideas, stop saying "but other people feel this way too!"

but to answer your question, i was just annoyed at the comments you made about someone being weird and ugly, and to my luck, this is a forum where i can express that. It's my opinion that your comments were ignorant, so no, i will not stop.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,240,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Dunno what FF is. But I didn't like Maroon 5's song on the last show at all. Very boring. I've heard others that I did like, but not a big enough fan to have actually listed to an album.
FF = Fast Forward

I personally find Adam's voice jarring, it wasn't just the song because I looked up other songs on YT and ... no, not so much for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV