Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times

Advertisements

Do you think the coaches pick the people in the battle rounds based on personalities? Most of them seemed pretty close in talent. I'm wondering if they're trying to get rid of people they don't enjoy working with as much.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Carson stated at the beginning of the battle round that all eyes would be on Adam... well that was until Xtina walked out with that outfit.

Carson is just soo much cooler than Seacrest, who I have always found to be gratingly insipid.

I just heart the Kelly Clarkson defection.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM

19,762 posts, read 9,678,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I agree. I wasn't crazy about Adley but Raelynn's performance was painful.

Blake likes those very young girls--in a fatherly way, I assume. I also have a theory that Blake is always going to pick the person Miranda helped coach.
I had that very same thought Marlow about Blake picking those that his wife coached. Mentioned that to my dh last night as we watched most of the show together.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM

19,762 posts, read 9,678,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
I cannot believe that NO ONE on The Voice mentioned the Tongan-Swedish Jordis Unga's history-she was one of the top contenders on ROCK STAR-it was like the American Idol of ROCK. But the BIG difference is that Jordis has CHANGED BIG TIME. She was a Indie funky kinda punky LONG DREADLOCKS chick, very unique, awesome singer. And now she shows up on The Voice with a total different look a few years later-polished..almost as if maybe she has been getting advice from industry insiders on "image" and what would make her more "marketable". To be honest, I really thought she looked better with the dreadlocks (and this is coming from a conservative country girl here in rural Texas!).
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT REMEMBERS HER FROM THAT SHOW? She was quite memorable.

Jordis Unga - Heart-Shaped Box (Rock Star INXS) - YouTube

Jordis Unga - Man who sold the world - YouTube

Jordis Unga - Baba O'Riley (Rock Star INXS) - YouTube

Jordis Unga - Knocking on heaven's door - YouTube

Jordis Unga - Imagine - YouTube

Jordis Unga- Dream On - YouTube

Jordis Unga- Layla - YouTube

Jordis Unga- We Are the Champions - YouTube
No, you're not the only one. I really enjoyed how she sang her heart out on the "Man who sold the world" that I had that one added to my iphone songlist. We had her performance from Rock Star recorded on our dvr some time ago but with power outages and other Directv issues, I don't believe it's on there anymore. I'll have to open those links later. Thanks for adding those.

I'm really rooting for her. Although up until yesterday evening, didn't realize that the Utube mega hitter, Angie Johnson was competing on the show too but then found out that she got eliminated.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I am really enjoying this season. I found myself actually watching the entire show rather than fast-forwarding to the actual performances. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:43 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,363,261 times
I don't care for "American Idol" or "Who's Got Talent" or any of those shows. And I didn't watch the first segiment of "The Voice". But I latched onto this season's second episode and liked it. Then yesterday began the competition and at first I thought the whole process and concept was weird. But it produced some mighty good performances, and I enjoyed them all.

I even liked Raelynn. Can't remember the other singer's name. But, as much as I liked her, her voice sounded like a lot of other "belters". And I thought Raelynn did great, especially considering that the song was way out of her realm. I see incredible potential in her.

I did have to agree with Blake's criticism of the performances by Jordan and her competitor (I am TERRIBLE with names). I thought this one was the poorest duo, and I think it was because of the song. Alanis Morrisette's song are not easy ones to nail. But that's what the challenge is all about.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,615,953 times
As long as Christina keeps wearing those open tops like last night...I'll keep watching!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM

36,723 posts, read 67,855,430 times
Adley was better than Raelynn. I think Blake was listening to his wife.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Adley was better than Raelynn. I think Blake was listening to his wife.
Absolutely! As soon as I saw that she was the "coach" there is no way he could have gone with anyone else. That almost shouldn't have been allowed -- it's clearly prejudicial!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,421,128 times
so glad i am not the only one! jordis was so memorable, unique, incredible, and a rock powerhouse on Rock Star. yeah i do miss the dreads, but ok i understand she's trying to be more marketable mainstream. however....i have to wonder what has happened to her in the last few years, between Rock Star and The Voice. she seems to have lost confidence. which i just dont understand, because she is SO talented. i wonder if its something that has happened in her personal life, or just hard knocks in the business have beat her down. i hope this is now her time to finally shine..i just hope that she can gain the confidence to take the bull by the horns and just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
No, you're not the only one. I really enjoyed how she sang her heart out on the "Man who sold the world" that I had that one added to my iphone songlist. We had her performance from Rock Star recorded on our dvr some time ago but with power outages and other Directv issues, I don't believe it's on there anymore. I'll have to open those links later. Thanks for adding those.

I'm really rooting for her. Although up until yesterday evening, didn't realize that the Utube mega hitter, Angie Johnson was competing on the show too but then found out that she got eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV