Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,231 times

Advertisements

I interrrupt this thread for a commercial break......

ROBIN THICKE is so dreamy !!! I love that he is a coach !!!

Okay now, back to the show peeps !

Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
My opinions on tonight:

Wade vs. James: Either/or.
Nicole vs. Nathai: Mathai
Moses vs. The Line: Moses. There was "something" about the woman I disliked intensely (wasn't her singing), and seeing her behave like a sulky poor loser made me glad they lost.
Carla vs Orlando: Orlando, but I liked her, too.
Jordon vs. Naia: Naia, although I didn't like the song and I didn't like how they sang it together. But she is so cool-looking. Love her style ~ and I typically hate dreadlocks! Felt bad for Jordon ~ he made great effort ~ but he's young. i liked him.
Justin vs. Tony: Either. Both stupendous, although I swang a little towards Tony.

The one poster's idea about letting the other three judges decide is a good one. I don't know if I'm going to like the 'live portion' of this show. i'll check it out next week and see how it goes.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I like it. I would also like to see them eliminate single vs. duet battles.
I would definitely go for that. The only negative is that if they had as many contestants as they do this time around, a season would run for a full 12 months.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:34 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,703,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I'm just a bit miffed that professionals -- back-up singers, former Mickey Mouse Club member and a guy with Broadway credits and three albums already released are competing against rank amateurs. For the sake of fairness either have it be all pros, or all amateurs.

Just MHO.
That bothers me too and I didn't realize that Tony had released three albums. If they don't do something to correct it, I bet that the tryouts will be full of backup singers and "almost there's." It would be fairer and more interesting if they would limit to all amateurs.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 AM

I probably would have chosen Justin over Tony and maybe Jordan over Naia, but other than that, I didn't have any big disagreements.

I thought The Line did a better job than Moses on their song, but she was such a brat at the end that I was glad they didn't get picked.

Also, I thought Nicole was super sweet when she lost but said she would be Mathai's biggest van. Very classy of her.

Any predictions for the winner yet? If Carla can gather her self-confidence I could see her in the top 4 at least.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I probably would have chosen Justin over Tony and maybe Jordan over Naia, but other than that, I didn't have any big disagreements.
Same here.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
I'm a little surprised that people preferred Jordan over Naia because I thought he was really weak. It was the song. I thought that performance was pretty awful all-around.

I have no predictions for the winner yet, myself. But, boy, I sure do have my opinions on the ones that should be eliminated.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I'm a little surprised that people preferred Jordan over Naia because I thought he was really weak. It was the song. I thought that performance was pretty awful all-around.

I have no predictions for the winner yet, myself. But, boy, I sure do have my opinions on the ones that should be eliminated.
LOL--me too!

I guess I sort of preferred Justin because I think he has really great potential and I liked his attitude a lot. That song did not suit him at all but he ended up doing a pretty good job with it. He seems very mature and grounded for a 17-year-old. I like Naia ok, but don't see her as doing anything great down the road.

Oh, and what is the deal with the Boston kid's hair and that headband???? That was driving me crazy. Hopefully he'll have a stylist in the live shows and they'll suggest something different.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
Naia seemed whacky to me. I don't like the whacky ones...including that one on CeLo's team that came out dressed in only her underwear. That Tony seemed whack (as most theater people tend to be) with the eye liner on the BOTTOM of his eyes? JMO

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,488,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

Oh, and what is the deal with the Boston kid's hair and that headband???? That was driving me crazy. Hopefully he'll have a stylist in the live shows and they'll suggest something different.
I wanted him eliminated just for his hair. I hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV