Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,559,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Spoiler
Mathai, Tony, and Pip???

What was America drinking ..... errrrrrrrrr ..... thinking last night???

I am SO out of sync with what everyone else apparently likes. Methinks I need to find a different show to watch.
No, I happen to agree with you on these. Tony and Pip kinda suck. I was very surprised they were the ones saved.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,170,877 times
Quote:
Listening to the rocker chick singing "Roxanne" (which is, BTW, one of my LEAST-favorite songs ever) and her voice -- seriously -- hurts my ears.

Yet the judges are all gushing over her. I guess it's just me, but I don't get it .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I LOVE Juliette Simms! Sorry Dark of the Moon but you don't get it.
Quote:
And I'm OK with that.

I guess it's safe to take the cotton out of my ears now?
You're not alone, Dark of the Moon. I am totally with you on Juliette.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM

313 posts, read 452,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I really like Mathai's voice (team Adam). I kept hearing it in my mind in the morning after watching the show. It reminds me of Minnie Ripperton.
My husband and I agreed that she should have been assigned "Midnight at the Oasis" ~ that song really would have brought her voice out, and she sounds a tad bit like Muldaur did then.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 AM

313 posts, read 452,475 times
I think Katrina is an excellent singer, but I still much preferred Kim. While singing her last song I could tell that she "knew" she was going home.

And I MUCH preferred Tony Vincent over Cheesa. I really don't care for her, although she IS unique.

I did find Adam's comments to Ceelo's last three standing very interesting. Interesting but a little bit unfair. Yes, it would have been nice if they all sang as well all along (even Erin sounded improved, though I still can't stand her), but all those singers had voice coaching through the season ~ it wasn't an overnight improvement. And much of it has to do with the songs they each sing. The best singer in the world isn't going to do his or her best with just any song thrown to them.

I can't help wondering, though, if Mouseketeer Tony didn't get a sympathy vote from the audience. That terrible comment that Christina made to him the night before ("There are better voices" in the competition) was not productive criticism and she didn't need to say that. (I think there was something else up her orifice that night concerning Tony.)

Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,948 times
I wondered whether or not Christina had some unresolved baggage regarding Tony from when they were both mouseketeers.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunJoaquin View Post
My husband and I agreed that she should have been assigned "Midnight at the Oasis" ~ that song really would have brought her voice out, and she sounds a tad bit like Muldaur did then.
You are so right!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're not alone, Dark of the Moon. I am totally with you on Juliette.
Me too.

Overall, I am not super impressed with the talent this year. I think Jamar gets by on his story/personality. I'm not sure where I stand with James; I have to admit, I was a bit impressed with the Norah Jones song, but that may have been mostly because I didn't expect that voice from him. Lindsay Paveo...I'm kinda sick of her type of voice already. Jordis is just another screaming rocker to me...I could probably go on.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM

5,363 posts, read 8,601,606 times
For some reason James' headband doesn't bother me. I don't know why....it really should!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,614,211 times
I will say much of this shows format and most of the talent generally SUX da BIG ONE Carson D. sorry dude you don't have much natural MC abilities but keep on keeping on....as long as the job lasts

The one thing it has done for me, is made it possible for me to observe C.A. for more than a minute ...enough to purchase "Stripped" 2002 for $4.99 down in the CD barrel..well worth every penny...kicks A$$. "Walk Away" especially a favoritebut the whole thing is pretty worthy.

Oh and X-tina too funny you had the balls to tell Luca you're finding him one dimensional. Now if you're really doing that to ensure he gets votes you're not a bad actress!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,559,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
For some reason James' headband doesn't bother me. I don't know why....it really should!!!
Yes it should!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV