Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,615,953 times

Advertisements

I'm backing Lindsey...I think she's the most marketable.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,773,687 times
I will start watching the voice once they kick off Christina Agulera.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 PM

237 posts, read 603,286 times
I would LOVE for Pink to be a judge on this show!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
At least the instant eliminations tonight made sense. The two booted weren't very good, and they were both off tune.

Spoiler
Hated James Massone tonight, weak voice, off tune. On Adam's team I thought either of the guys should leave. They were both bad, and happy with Pip's elimination.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,363,261 times
I agreed with the eliminations tonight, too.

I have grown more towards Cheesa each week. I think she's incredible.

Wasn't crazy about Juliet tonight but I think it was the song. Don't like her new movie star'ish look. But Catherine on Adam's team looked very nice.

On Adam's team I'm leaning towards Mathai (did I spell that right?).

Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I was not overwhelmed by anyone tonight. No one inspired me to vote. Call the whaaambulance.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I agreed with the eliminations tonight, too.

I have grown more towards Cheesa each week. I think she's incredible.

Wasn't crazy about Juliet tonight but I think it was the song. Don't like her new movie star'ish look. But Catherine on Adam's team looked very nice.

On Adam's team I'm leaning towards Mathai (did I spell that right?).

I guess this is why we're a free country ... I don't "get" Cheesa or Mathai at all! I thought Cheesa was AWFUL on the Whitney song... missed notes, too strained...just awful. I only caught the end of Mathai but don't care for her either.

Of the group I saw I liked Tony Lucca.... it practically killed Christina to say something nice about him, didn't it?

I admit I don't follow why the judges still get to eliminate people...once "America votes" shouldn't it be that way the rest of the way?? It seems so dumb to me to put a singer's number on the screen when in the next 5 minutes they may be out!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:31 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I guess this is why we're a free country ... I don't "get" Cheesa or Mathai at all! I thought Cheesa was AWFUL on the Whitney song... missed notes, too strained...just awful. I only caught the end of Mathai but don't care for her either.

Of the group I saw I liked Tony Lucca.... it practically killed Christina to say something nice about him, didn't it?

I admit I don't follow why the judges still get to eliminate people...once "America votes" shouldn't it be that way the rest of the way?? It seems so dumb to me to put a singer's number on the screen when in the next 5 minutes they may be out!

I agreed with pretty much everything you said. I missed the first 40 or so minutes of the show, and showed up just in time to hear Mathai butcher the end of her song. I never got Cheesa's appeal, because she's just another 'big voice singer' who seems to be a dime a dozen in competitions like this and karaoke bars...and IMO she isn't the best of the big voices. And the Whitney song just proved it to me. You don't sing a song like that unless you can knock it out of the park, and she may have just hit a pop fly.

I thought Tony was AWESOME. It's funny, because right when they were talking about what song to pick, I turned to my hubby and said "he should sing one of Christina's....maybe Genie in a Bottle." I hit the idea, but missed the pop-tart.

I'm not a fan of Juliet, but I can't deny she gives it her all. And going back to listen to Jamar and Katrina...I think it Tony and Juliet for the vote.

I don't like the judges elimination, either. I don't mind the save as much, but just the flat out elimination sucks. I wouldn't mind if the let the judges opinion weight the popular vote, like the do reducing 2 to 1.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
I agreed with CeeLo getting rid of James Massone, but probably would have kept Pip and ditched Mathai. I thought Pip did the best job he's done last night.

I'd sort of forgotten about Katrina and enjoyed her performance. Juliet nails the female rocker thing but don't know if that's enough to win.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,363,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post

That IS funny. Because I don't find any talent in Tony Lucca at all. He just does "nothing" for me. But the audience hears/sees something in him that I don't.

My favorite is still Chris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV