Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,538,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
That IS funny. Because I don't find any talent in Tony Lucca at all. He just does "nothing" for me. But the audience hears/sees something in him that I don't.

My favorite is still Chris.
Agree about Tony. Last night while he was performing, I said to myself well this is boring. Got up and got some water waiting for it to be over. Not bad, just not the least bit entertaining or compelling for me.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Agree about Tony. Last night while he was performing, I said to myself well this is boring. Got up and got some water waiting for it to be over. Not bad, just not the least bit entertaining or compelling for me.

I think the background production added to the audience's entertainment. (I'm beginning to understand Blake's dislike for such distractions.) Plus he sang a very popular teeny-bopper song and made it his own. But still . . .

Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM

I do want to comment on something else.

I did not watch the first season of "The Voice", therefore I cannot compare this season to the first. But I am under the impression that people don't like the current contenders nearly as well as the first season's. Am I right?

I know she did not win but I really like Beverly McClellan, who was on Christina's team. I own her current cd release and it is great. Does anyone know the name of the winner?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,770,150 times
Quote:

I did not watch the first season of "The Voice", therefore I cannot compare this season to the first. But I am under the impression that people don't like the current contenders nearly as well as the first season's. Am I right?

I know she did not win but I really like Beverly McClellan, who was on Christina's team. I own her current cd release and it is great. Does anyone know the name of the winner?
Javier Colon was the winner. I googled him recently and he released a CD and is playing small-to-medium venues. Winning The Voice doesn't guarantee superstardom. That's some elusive combination of talent, ambition, timing, business sense, perseverence and luck.

As far as last season, there were a couple of contestants that were really captivating. So far I'm not really seeing that this year.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,538,087 times
Quote:

I was trying to remember a few weeks ago, had to google it. Couldn't even remember if it was a guy or a gal.

I do remember Blake's last 2 standing, Dia and Xenia, and I understand they're both still working in the biz. I liked a lot of last year's contestants, and only a couple this year.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,421,267 times
I'm no longer watching the show. I see from people online Tony Lucca got his pass from America... to be expected...

Bottom line for me though, is that Adam Levine has blown the integrity of the show single-handedly. The whole reason people loved it is because, for the first time, it was a talent show about VOICES. He has single-handedly blown the integrity of the show by "Britney-ing" it to buy votes.

It may have won votes, but he is still not the best singer on his team by far, and everyone knows that. I actually believe Tony should have gone home in the first battle he ever did. I think his opponent beat him that night. Tony was having trouble hitting notes, and the other guy did wonderfully.

And what was it all for? To get back at a woman for what she said? Who cares what she says? That's her business. Stick to the business of molding VOICES. Adam's strategy wasn't about improving Tony as an artist and vocalist at all. So lame.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM

908 posts, read 1,122,723 times
I love how the show is self-promotion. Shameless - it's all about the judges, not the contestants. And the judges are TERRIBLE. They talk up anything and everything; one could barf all over the stage for 3 minutes and they would find something good to say about it.

Blake Shelton tonight called a contestant (don't remember the name) 'flat' for the whole song and said since she hit one good note it erased the rest. You gotta be kidding.

I love how they mention "Twitter" and trending at least 5 times a show.

Plus 3/4 of the contestants are just...mediocre. Like, not even regionally strong, let alone nationally strong.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,359,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
I love how the show is self-promotion. Shameless - it's all about the judges, not the contestants. And the judges are TERRIBLE. They talk up anything and everything; one could barf all over the stage for 3 minutes and they would find something good to say about it.

Blake Shelton tonight called a contestant (don't remember the name) 'flat' for the whole song and said since she hit one good note it erased the rest. You gotta be kidding.

I love how they mention "Twitter" and trending at least 5 times a show.

Plus 3/4 of the contestants are just...mediocre. Like, not even regionally strong, let alone nationally strong.

Agreed. And adding to my list of things I don't "get".... who the hell cares what is "trending" on Twitter, where people get 140 characters to say something??
What else would be "trending" except the most recent performance?? Are they going to talk about something from 3 weeks ago??
It's just another time-killer to stretch the shows... and the "hostess" for that segment is beyond inane. The usual "how do you feel" and "what's up Carson" crapola... Someone tell me why I watch at all ....

Oh...and I would keel over on the spot if a judge who had to make the elimination choice just answered with a NAME instead of the 5-minute "explanation" of "what's going on in my head" before making the choice.
Another time-killer.... I swear there must be some producer in their ear saying "kill 1.5 minutes, we're short!"

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

I don't think Adam's dawdling was intentional to kill time. Because after that we noticed that the camera no longer went to him for critiquing, which cut the "panel session" short. But I do think that he put the contestants through agony with it, though.

Anyway, for the final cut I was glad that Julie and Catrina were picked. I admired Mathai's acceptance. She was so gracious but kept herself under control for the most part. I kept wanting to shake Cheesa and yell "STOP IT!" as she stood there crying.

Funny thing about Cheesa's performance, though, is that as she sang my husband thought it was her best performance. He really thought she did her best. I don't particularly agree with him but I certainly didn't think she did nearly as poorly as the judges thought. Nevertheless, Juliet aced that performance.

Now, does this show conclude next week?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,384,365 times
My taste in music must be really out of sync with the rest of the world cuz the voices I found the most interesting, Mathai and RaeLynn, are already gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV