Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,398,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Melanie Martinez just did an AWFUL version of "Crazy" by (forgot at this time). She was way too soft, and her "wobbly" notes in the refrain were just awful.

Trevin sounded like a female during his song. I'm farting around on C-D and just listening, had to look up to see who was singing. Worst I've heard him sing.

I was moving last week, so didn't realize Dez and Cody were eliminated. I really liked Cody, so am disappointed he is gone.

My favorite so far is Amanda.
Crazy, sang by Gnarls Barkley AKA Cee Lo Green.
Cee Lo Green Crazy Music Video - YouTube

Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I don't get people's excitement with Trevin - I just don't like singers who screamy-screech in that high range.
Hearing aids checked? Batteries installed? Maybe your TV has a lame sound system because if you think Trevin is screechy or screaming you got serious auditory problems which isn't uncommon these days.

Last edited by ovcatto; 12-03-2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,189,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hearing aids checked? Batteries installed? Maybe your TV has a lame sound system because if you think Trevin is screechy or screaming you got serious auditory problems which isn't uncommon these days.
I agree. Trevin's voice is exquisite. The last song he sang tonight was really exceptional.

My long-time favorite, Nicholas, really didn't shine tonight -- not on either song. Something tells me he's going home tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 PM

The only complaint I have with the Voice is that I really don't think people care as much as the coaches do of making their singers show their "versatility". Show me a horrible performance and I'll show you a coaches decision to conduct an experiment. I would like them to find out where an artist's heart, vision, style whatever is and make them better at performing that whatever. Mick Jagger didn't become rich and famous because he could show that he could sing R&B.

(see Ce Lo's decision to have Trevin sing "Walking on Sunshine")

BUT,

Trevin's “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going”, Usher, Maxwell, bes move to the side brothers cause he's come'in to get cha.

I don't care who came in second or third, but my other fav, Nicholas truly sucked on his first number and as much as I like Terry Mac, dude if you are going to cover Lou Gramm and Rod Stewart you got to bring home. The same with Amanda Brown who didn't come close to Aretha. Somethings are just not ment to be covered.

I love Melanie but its time to pack up the guitar and get back to school, but don't worry you've got a career ahead of you.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Trevin sounded like a female during his song. I'm farting around on C-D and just listening, had to look up to see who was singing. Worst I've heard him sing.
Must not have been into MJ, Smokie, Donnie Hathaway or Phillip Bailey.

Anyway, I suspect that you are writing about his first number which indeed did suck. But he slammed the door with his second.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM

Well hush my mouth, Nicolas David is at #10 on the iTunes pop chart with Over the Rainbow... my, my.

Terry McDermott is #5, oh well.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,758,889 times
Trevin nailed the second song IMO.

Nick's second song was good.

Terry was okay.

Amanda was good.

Cassadee was pretty good.

Melanie needs to go home.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,366,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Trevin nailed the second song IMO.

Nick's second song was good.

Terry was okay.

Amanda was good.

Cassadee was pretty good.

Melanie needs to go home.

Melanie has always needed to go home ... 'Crazy' was, well, just a crazy choice for her voice.
I don't think Terry was even 'okay'... the first song was AWFUL and the second not much better. On the first he was straining and trailing off to make the next note...I would think he and Melanie might go home.

Maybe I was affected by the Train guy's comment to Trevin during rehearsal that Jennifer Hudson would keel over or something to that effect if he sang her song that badly... I still don't think it was terrific. I agree with the other poster about all the screaming/screechy stuff from anybody, and I think that's what most of them think they are supposed to do. I'm still "meh" on Cassadee but it's looking like her train is unstoppable... I thought Amanda was good on both but I don't really see her as a "rocker" either. Overall I was not thrilled by anybody last night.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
It's always interesting to read these posts.... we all have different opinions on who is "good" or not-so-good. It boils down to personal preference, and is really subjective. For me, considering the whole show last night it was

1. Amanda

Man, she blew me away on BOTH her songs. My husband came out of another room to see who was singing so spectacularly. For us, she is far and away the best singer on the show. Whether she will win and have commercial success is to be seen, however.

Everyone else was fairly underwhelming for me. Nicholas was bad last night, and I usually like him. Melanie was awful, and I am getting tired of her little unhappy face when she finishes a song (she always looks like she is about to be punished or something) Of course, maybe she is just dreading that nasty Xtina! LOL

Terry is just really bland to me, I feel very neutral about him.

Trevin is polarizing - I think you either love or hate that type of singing. While I ackowledge he has that big voice - I cannot stand that style of singing. Every year American idol has a "Trevin" that sings just like that, and they usually make it up to maybe the top three, and then go absolutely nowhere.

Cassadee has grown on me, I don't care for most of the pop-rock stuff, but she is great on the ballads, and has proven she has a really pure, strong voice with a large range.

Have no idea who will go tonight.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
I'm still not super impressed with Amanda. She has the most awesome falsetto scream, but I think that makes people forget that everything else she does is upper tier karaoke.

I like Melanie's whole deal, but I don't think she's a good enough singer.

Trevin is phenomenal, but I often find myself bored by him.

I really like Terry, but I don't think he's as consistent as the judges say he is (maybe there is something wrong with my ears)

Nicholas is really awesome, but he is getting overwhelmed by big productions. His Over the Rainbow brought tears to my eyes...without me realizing it at first.

Cassadee isn't that terrific. She isn't bad, but she's nothing special. She did an Avril Lavigne song and sounded exactly like Avril, she did a Michelle Branch song and sounded exactly like Michelle. She did a Kelly Clarkson song...Regardless, I think she'll win.

I am amazingly impressed with her massive shoulders, though!

I still miss Cody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV