Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,385,493 times

Advertisements

How many more episodes? Does anyone know how they are gonna break it down? Four contestants left!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,027,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Xtina was really snarky with Amanda and really childish with Melanie when it came to critiquing them. When Adam was talking about Amanda, Xtina coughed in the background. But let's compare their voices with that of Cassadee which she so much cherish ... HOW THE HELL IS SHE ANY BETTER!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Cassadee is just a hair above Dez in singing, how-how-how?
Christina's actions were childish and not what one would expect from a judge on the show. I too caught the "fake coughing" and don't think anyone has missed her lukewarm reviews of Amanda. My fave was the mention of not knowing who she was as an artist, despite conflicting prior comments about wanting to see versatility.
Then finally throwing her very obvious support behind Cassadee seemed a bit less than kosher. But oh well, it's clearly not about talent anymore at this point in the competition.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,413,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Back to the show...
Yes, we finally find out the mystery behind the fan!

Christina Aguilera's Moment with Hillary Clinton - YouTube

Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,555,056 times
How much of Christina's hair is a) real, b) extension, and c) wigs ? It changes so dramatically from week to week. And I like it!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM

17,550 posts, read 39,181,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
How much of Christina's hair is a) real, b) extension, and c) wigs ? It changes so dramatically from week to week. And I like it!
Her wigs are definitely more attractive than her own hair, which is so overbleached it looks like cotton. Mine got like that when I was in my teens and was addicted to bleaching my hair really white like hers. After a time it was sort of melting, like cotton candy. She probably does not have much of her own hair left at this point due to breakage, but I do love the interesting wigs. Thought the pink one was especially flattering!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,413,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
She generally does a combo of real/extension. Sometimes, like today, obviously a wig.
It's the norm in LA anyway, and some fake extensions/wigs are pretty convincing.

That said, I'm not 100% positive, but she was sporting a short-hair look a couple years ago while filming Burlesque, and I'm pretty sure this was her real hair.

How-To: Christina Aguilera 2010 Golden Globes Makeup

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/christin...aiti-now-photo

Christina Aguilera & Max Bratman: Yo Gabba Gabba! | christina aguilera max bratman yo gabba gabba 01 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared

definitely real:
Mohawk Hairstyles Gallery | Mohawk Hairstyle Pictures

Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM

36,443 posts, read 16,047,179 times
I think America got it right, don't know about the final four as far as who will win. Can't imagine an album form Terry, what..classic rock? Casa-D, ya I can see an album, Trevin, definitely and Nicholas definitely.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,620,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I think America got it right, don't know about the final four as far as who will win. Can't imagine an album form Terry, what..classic rock? Casa-D, ya I can see an album, Trevin, definitely and Nicholas definitely.
I am not so much a rock person, but I really do like Terry. I don't see him any different than say, Chris Daughtry who competed as a solo rock act but is making music as a band which he put together after the season was over.
Just because he is without a band right now doesn't mean he will continue on that way, especially since he sings rock.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM

758 posts, read 1,641,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
See..... that's a perfect example of the public nitpicking her words and going out of their way to try and be offended.
Anyone who saw that show without any bias toward Christina would find no problem with her words toward Tony. She was very complimentary. She just couldn't recall his name. She had someone clarify his name before she continued talking. (Generally when you want to remember someone's name, that means you have a desire to connect with them more personally.) And then she went on to say some nice things.

If you've read any of the contestants' account about how the process works...they are NEVER actually alone with their judges while the show is filming. The Voice cameras are always around.... it's really not that personal. (Other than maybe private exchange of e-mails and texts.)

And they don't really spend much time with the other three judges, other than maybe bumping into them once in a while backstage and when the show airs live.

Those are things I read from a couple different contestants.

Their teams are pretty big once the Blind Auditions are over. Here is a link to a picture of Christina's team this season.
'The Voice' Season 3: Who Will Win from Team Xtina?
Her team last year (when Tony Vincent was a contestant) was just as big.

They're supposed to remember the name of every contestant from every other team? Especially when they don't really see them? (And not to mention they have their own careers and families aside from working on this TV show?)

1. I actually didn't start watching this show with a bias against Christina. I've always been a fan of hers...it is actually seeing her on this show that has made me less of a fan.

2. No, not the name of every contestant who has ever auditioned. But the names of the top 12, especially when his name had been mentioned about 5 times in the pre-performance clip that they watch (I know they watch it, because the judges have commented on the clips while making their song comments), not to mention multiple times by Carson before and after his performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I do notice a running theme with everyone who says "She's a mega B"....
none know her. Or have only had an encounter. Some people can't even answer when asked, "Well what did she say or do?" A lot of times they say it's just "how she acts." (LOL ok, that's a strong opinion for someone who hasn't said or done anything to you.)

A running theme with people who said "She's cool. I love her." - They've spent time around her. That girl in the first video (one of her childhood friends) posted online years ago not long after that aired, "When my husband first met her, he thought she was the biggest B and now she's one of his favorite people ever."
I don't care what she is like in person, if she is the sweetest person ever. All I am concerned with is how she portrays herself on a REALITY singing competition...and that is very catty. It may or may not be true, but that is how she comes off.

OK. Back to the show.

I still think Cassadee will win. I don't know if I see her doing too much afterwards, but I think she has the best chance of getting at least one album with some attention.

I don't know what Terry would do. I think he is really good, but...will he make a rock album? Did he ever have any original songs before? I wonder what style they were?

Trevin would probably immeadiately fade into obscurity if he won. He is really good, but I don't see him ever being a big seller.

I think Nick should make a Christmas album.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM

318 posts, read 506,711 times
Quote:

I think Nick should make a Christmas album.
O lovee that idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV