Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I didn't mean that she doesn't have a soul as in she's heartless, but as in she really has nothing inside her that stands out like Nicolas or Trevon have when they sing from thier souls.
Guess I just disagree with you--I think she sings with her heart, soul and spirit.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Guess I just disagree with you--I think she sings with her heart, soul and spirit.
I agree with you - for such a young girl, she has natural interpretive skills, which are very impressive to me. She reminds me of an "alternative" Norah Jones!

I think I am going to Youtube now and listen to the "quartet" again....

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I really enjoyed that group performance with Terry, Nicholas, Melanie and Cody. First time they did one that each and every one sounded good and didn't try to drown out the other. Very enjoyable to me.
Me too! Thought that was really great.

I was sad to see Cody go, but CeeLo will do his best to take care of him.

If the last show is on December 18, does that mean they'll narrow it down to two performers (rather than 4) for the last week? If so, they're really trying to drag it out.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I really enjoyed that group performance with Terry, Nicholas, Melanie and Cody. First time they did one that each and every one sounded good and didn't try to drown out the other. Very enjoyable to me.
I think that was my favorite one, but it seemed like Melanies voice had to compete with everything in the background.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Spoiler
What IS this appeal of Cassadee's? And I sure would have switched out Terry to keep Cody!
And Xtina has NO ONE LEFT!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
She is actually my favorite singer on the show!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Just watched the group song again on Youtube. I am struck by how it seems to strike a positive chord with everyone, the comments are really positive. What I really loved about it is that it showcased each one of the artists in a new light. I LOVED how Terry sounded on it; he should do more of this style. And Nicholas is great at his soul stuff, but love the folksy sound to his voice on this. And Cody singing softly was beautiful. Melanie was pretty much Melanie, but liked hearing her on an uplifting type song. It goes to show that sometimes "less is more." I think people get tired of all the big production and oversinging that prevails on these shows.

Really sad to see Cody go, but at this point I am sad to see any of them go. I hope they all do well. I like this whole group so much more than any from the past seasons.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Just watched the group song again on Youtube. I am struck by how it seems to strike a positive chord with everyone, the comments are really positive. What I really loved about it is that it showcased each one of the artists in a new light. I LOVED how Terry sounded on it; he should do more of this style. And Nicholas is great at his soul stuff, but love the folksy sound to his voice on this. And Cody singing softly was beautiful. Melanie was pretty much Melanie, but liked hearing her on an uplifting type song. It goes to show that sometimes "less is more." I think people get tired of all the big production and oversinging that prevails on these shows.

Really sad to see Cody go, but at this point I am sad to see any of them go. I hope they all do well. I like this whole group so much more than any from the past seasons.
Agree with all of this 100%. I know they feel pressure to belt out songs because it's The Voice, but they can shine in softer, more thoughtful songs as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Aw, I'm so sad to see Cody go! But, like others have said, at this point they are all really good singers. I actually felt that Terry has been slipping recently, and Cody has been getting better, so I was surprised Terry stuck around. Though I do like Terry, so I'm glad he didn't go home.

I LOVED the group performance with Terry, Cody, Nick and Melanie. One of the best performance over three years, groups, duos, solos.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,628,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Christina was super annoying last night--it's all about her, isn't it? She's so condescending to Amanda who did such a great job last night.
I agree. Amanda has shown she can sing anything and has been clear that she likes rock. Christina points out that she has had a variety of types of songs to say that she presents no identity as a singer. Just after that, she says she like that Dez can do a vareity and doesn't get pigeonholed.

I think this is the best season they've had. I liked all of the final 8. I thought Dez would go, but wasn't sure out of Terry and Cody.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,673,214 times
Quote:
I think that these shows should follow the music award shows, and have winners by categories. Best Country, Pop, Rock, R&B...

I couldn't agree more; would love to see competition by genre.

I'm not a country music fan but I think this guy Casey has an excellent country voice. Clearly Casey worked very hard and I think he brought it with this rock song as well as any country singer could have, maybe better.

Naturally none of the judges wanted to waste a steal on Casey because country singers get bumped off early and don't have a prayer of winning this competition. Personally I liked Terry better here but I think the match-up was unfair to Casey.

This is one of the best battles this season, IMO. I think it demonstrates perfectly why it should be by genre, but I suppose that would be a massive undertaking.

Terry McDermott vs. Casey Muessigmann: "Carry on Wayward Son" - The Voice - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV