Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,549,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Yes it should!!!
Its so bizarre, normally that type of thing would send me over the edge with rage ....(a man wearing a headband like he does) -but he is just so adorable and I love the sound of his voice...I don't even notice it!!

Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Its so bizarre, normally that type of thing would send me over the edge with rage ....(a man wearing a headband like he does) -but he is just so adorable and I love the sound of his voice...I don't even notice it!!
Heh heh, I notice it and it does bug me, but not as much last night prolly cuz I did enjoy that song. Love Norah Jones' version of it too.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I think Jamar gets by on his story/personality.
I've been wondering about that. You can't help but be influenced by his story. I'd like to be able to say I'm not, but that would be a lie.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I've been wondering about that. You can't help but be influenced by his story. I'd like to be able to say I'm not, but that would be a lie.
True, true. It's always difficult not to be influenced by background info. The point of the show, though, was to be based on the voice. Not on looks, personality, story, etc. And though I like the show, I'm afraid it doesn't succeed in "voice only" judging. The only way for it to succeed is for it not to be a show at all, but rather a iTunes/radio broadcast where the conestants are only labeled as A, B, C, etc (so we couldn't google their names). And maybe not even have judges at all, just have the live voting.

A bit off topic, but I've always wondered how the judges comments sway the votes in shows like AI/The Voice. Did Tony get the pity vote after Christina was so blunt in her criticism? Was that the reasoning behind it? Was the public more likely to vote to save a contestant that Simon blasted rather than just gave constructive criticism? I doubt it would ever happen, but I always thought it would be a neat social experiment to have two separate populations watch AI and vote. Population 1 gets to see the judges comments, population 2 only gets to see the performances. I wonder if the same winner would emerge? You could do the same thing with back stories.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
I couldn't believe that Christina kicked Jesse Campbell off last night. I thought he had a chance of winning. And from the look on everyone's face, including Adam Levine, I wasn't the only one.

And I also thought Rae Lynn would get kicked off, but I guess Blake kept her because she's the only country singer and because he has a soft spot for sweet young things. She has stage presence, but Jordyce could so outsing her.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I couldn't believe that Christina kicked Jesse Campbell off last night. I thought he had a chance of winning. And from the look on everyone's face, including Adam Levine, I wasn't the only one.

And I also thought Rae Lynn would get kicked off, but I guess Blake kept her because she's the only country singer and because he has a soft spot for sweet young things. She has stage presence, but Jordyce could so outsing her.
I was surprised at both the eliminations too, especially Jordis. I love listening to her. I knew he wouldn't let RaeLynn go, but I thought it would be one of the other 2, and was hoping for Erin. Really don't enjoy listening to her.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,549,432 times
My favorite last night was the guy who sang the Phil Collins song, I voted for him.

I was generally completely underwhelmed by everyone last night though.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 AM

758 posts, read 1,640,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

I kinda got the feeling that Christina kicked off Jesse to protect either Chris or, more likely, Ashley. Though why she didn't go ahead and kick off Lindsey, since she doesn't seem to like her, I'll never know.

Raelynn actually makes me miss Erin Martin.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
I kinda got the feeling that Christina kicked off Jesse to protect either Chris or, more likely, Ashley. Though why she didn't go ahead and kick off Lindsey, since she doesn't seem to like her, I'll never know.

It seemed to be sort of personal with Christina. She was saying something about "some of you take direction better than others." But I thought Jesse was the best singer on her team. I thought for sure she'd ditch Lindsey.

Raelynn was ok, not great, when she did her own thing, but her performance with the group was cringe-worthy. I still don't miss Erin Martin.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:

I remember Adam kicking off his 2nd best singer last year, and it was obvious that he was protecting the guy he wanted to go to the finals. By kicking off the 2nd best he knew the audience would eliminate the others on their own and leave his favorite standing.

I wondered if that's what happened here too. Maybe Christina and Blake learned from Adam's manipulation, cuz he did win last year. I think it's pretty obvious Blake wants RaeLynn to win. I think maybe Christina wants Lindsay tho I'm not sure about that. I can't think of any other explanation for eliminating the 2 they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV