Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,358,368 times

Advertisements

Tonight my husband and I were both surprised at how much we were knocked out by Tony Lucca, because until today we were very neutral with him. But tonight he was our favorite tied with Juliet Sims. Sad thing for me is, I also really like Jamar. I don't envy Ceelo's dilemma.

I thought most of the performers made good choices to play up their voices to best advantage. Didn't care for Katrina tonight, didn't think Jermaine was up to normal par, and I've decided that I just don't care for Lindsey. Lindsey's singing is very interesting ~ just not my style.

Juliet's rendition of "Man's World" sent chills down my spine. James Brown would be proud.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:54 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,365,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Tonight my husband and I were both surprised at how much we were knocked out by Tony Lucca, because until today we were very neutral with him. But tonight he was our favorite tied with Juliet Sims. Sad thing for me is, I also really like Jamar. I don't envy Ceelo's dilemma.

I thought most of the performers made good choices to play up their voices to best advantage. Didn't care for Katrina tonight, didn't think Jermaine was up to normal par, and I've decided that I just don't care for Lindsey. Lindsey's singing is very interesting ~ just not my style.

Juliet's rendition of "Man's World" sent chills down my spine. James Brown would be proud.
I liked Tony too...and Jamar. I found myself smiling at the TV just because he could not stop grinning at the end of his performance, he was so happy! He seems like a great kid. I'm not wild about Katrina either...can't put my finger on it. I disagree though about Juliet... I don't care for the "let's get to the part where I can scream" stuff. It just becomes unintelligible NOISE to me. I did like her dress though.

I'm glad the show is nearly over though... one of these nights Christina is going to put me over the edge with her constant need to bring every comment back to HER and HER performances and HER "vocalist" experience ... when she took Adam to task for "playing it safe" with the song choice that SHE would have coached differently I wouldn't have blamed him for running over to strangle her. She is a piece of work, and I don't mean that in admiration. I cannot STAND her!!!!! What a narcissist!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,796,951 times
I didn't like Tony Lucca much last night but really liked Katrina. I also loved Chris Mann. But then Juliet blew everyone out of the water, so I don't know. I like Jamar too, but it may be his story and persona that I like, more than his voice.

I appreciate Lindsay's voice, but think she's the weakest singer left.

Looking forward to the performances tonight from last year's finalists.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,358,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I'm glad the show is nearly over though... one of these nights Christina is going to put me over the edge with her constant need to bring every comment back to HER and HER performances and HER "vocalist" experience ... when she took Adam to task for "playing it safe" with the song choice that SHE would have coached differently I wouldn't have blamed him for running over to strangle her. She is a piece of work, and I don't mean that in admiration. I cannot STAND her!!!!! What a narcissist!
Well, what really bothered me last night is when she told Adam that he really needs to consider Katrina over Tony (not her wording exactly, but pretty much). I thought that was extremely inappropriate both to him and his team.

I do have my suspicions to who the winner will be. I don't want to say, but it isn't one of Christina's.

Personally, I prefer Erin over Katrina.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,559,460 times
Juliet Simms is my favorite to win it. I understand where the people who thinks she screams are coming from, I guess she does scream. But it's a controlled scream. I have consistently liked her over Jamar, and the audience loved her last night so I have a feeling she will be in the final 4.

I too liked Tony last night for the first time ever. I usually like Katrina more but it's a tie now. Tony is my 2nd favorite to win it as of last night.

I didn't like either of Blake's contestants, but if I had to chooose it would definitely be Jermaine over Erin. I can't see either of them winning this. He shoulda kept Jordis.

Lindsey and Chris both have their good points but neither does much for me. I can't see Christina winning this either.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM

96 posts, read 206,727 times
Katrina hasn't been my favorite, but I loved her singing "Killing Me Softly" better than the Fugees or Roberta Flack. It's one of my favorite songs ever and she was amazing!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,387,948 times
I thought Katrina's song was the best of the group last night.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,418 times
Chris gave me goosebumps with Ave Maria. Katrina just rubs me the wrong way. I really enjoy Tony as a performer. I don't know if Jamar should beat out Juliet (she WAAAY outsang him IMO), but he has before. I thought Jermaine was actually more impressive in the rehearsal snippets they played than up onstage.

And so I mention everyone, Erin fell flat for me, and I feel I would like Lindsey better if she wasn't up against Chris. She's far too one dimensional anyway.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,796,951 times
Here are my predictions for the final four:

Katrina, Jermaine, Juliet, Chris

BTW, I was terrible at predicting things last year.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM

5,363 posts, read 8,601,606 times
The only one who made a real impact on me last night was Jamar. It was the only song that I actually felt something while listening to it. I loved his version of that song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV