Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well Shakira proved that she can do country, now what I want to know is can Blake do vallenato?

Oh goodness! I've heard better renditions of "We are the champions" at a 76'ers game.
Love it! And fully agree.

I officially hate Team Blake nights. I thought Justin was a lot of fun, the Swon bros were their usual 'decent bar band' (LOVED Shakira's "you never try to impress the judges" comment!), Danielle is clear as a bell and Holly was horrible. But hated every single moment of the hootenanny of Blake's song choices. And did a lot of fast forwarding again.

Shakira's team was surprisingly good overall. Well, I expected Sasha to be amazing, and Kris to be really good. But Garrett was a surprise. The only song I actually bought on iTunes from the live rounds so far.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,796,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
Love it! And fully agree.

I officially hate Team Blake nights. I thought Justin was a lot of fun, the Swon bros were their usual 'decent bar band' (LOVED Shakira's "you never try to impress the judges" comment!), Danielle is clear as a bell and Holly was horrible. But hated every single moment of the hootenanny of Blake's song choices. And did a lot of fast forwarding again.

Shakira's team was surprisingly good overall. Well, I expected Sasha to be amazing, and Kris to be really good. But Garrett was a surprise. The only song I actually bought on iTunes from the live rounds so far.
Just curious about whether you usually like country music or if it's Blake's team in particular you don't like, because I like all of them. Well, I didn't hear Holly last night, but I liked the others. I'm not a huge country music fan, but being in Texas I've heard plenty of it. I thought Danielle was amazing and Justin and the Swon's are very entertaining.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,559,460 times
I was a huge country music fan for about 30 years. Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Ronnie Milsap, Barbara Mandrell, Garth Brooks, Alabama, George Strait, etc. etc. etc. Now I hardly ever listen to music at all, and when I do it's usually classic rock. But I do still enjoy good country music when I see Roseanne Cash or Emmylou Harris on a talk show or somewhere. But I can't see anything special about Blake's team so far. Nobody has drawn me in.

I wonder if Blake needs to concentrate more on teaching his team to be entertainers like Shakira does. I've noticed she coaches a lot of techniques to affect the audience -- strategic pauses, come in strong here, choose your moment, etc. Both of my faves from last night were hers - Kris and Sasha - and I'm not sure it had anything to do with having technically good voices.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Just curious about whether you usually like country music or if it's Blake's team in particular you don't like, because I like all of them. Well, I didn't hear Holly last night, but I liked the others. I'm not a huge country music fan, but being in Texas I've heard plenty of it. I thought Danielle was amazing and Justin and the Swon's are very entertaining.

I am not a big fan of country music in general, but there are some songs and artists that enjoy. So a little bit of both. When Blake picks straight up old country...not a fan. When the country songs go along the line of Taylor Swift (Blake says they claim her!), Faith Hill, Shania Twain...that's usually OK.

I'm also on the fence about his team, because they got picked at the expense of some of my favorites. But I do think Danielle has an amazing voice, it's just her song didn't stop me from fast-forwarding through 90% of it, and the comments at the end.

Justin was more performer than singer, but did a good job. I think the Swon brothers are a little entertaining, but do no more than an adequate job on any of the easy songs they've sung so far.

And Holly hasn't impressed me since the blind audition. She was frequently pitchy last night. Shame, since it was the only country song out of the 6 (4 + group + Shakira/Blake) that I actually liked.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM

17,616 posts, read 39,367,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I was a huge country music fan for about 30 years. Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Ronnie Milsap, Barbara Mandrell, Garth Brooks, Alabama, George Strait, etc. etc. etc. Now I hardly ever listen to music at all, and when I do it's usually classic rock. But I do still enjoy good country music when I see Roseanne Cash or Emmylou Harris on a talk show or somewhere. But I can't see anything special about Blake's team so far. Nobody has drawn me in.

I wonder if Blake needs to concentrate more on teaching his team to be entertainers like Shakira does. I've noticed she coaches a lot of techniques to affect the audience -- strategic pauses, come in strong here, choose your moment, etc. Both of my faves from last night were hers - Kris and Sasha - and I'm not sure it had anything to do with having technically good voices.
I agree. I love country music, but tend to like more the country/pop rock modern styles of today. Blake's team are all good (especially Danielle) but wow, a Pam Tillis song?? How about something a little more youthful like Carrie Underwood (or even Taylor S) I do think Danielle is one of the most commerically viable artists of the lot just because she is young, adorable, blonde, bubbly, country and has an awesome voice. It will be harder for Sasha and Judith to have commercial success despite having the best voices just because of their maturity and competition in their genres.

I do think Blake could do better at coaching, honestly to me he is not a very good coach, probably the worst of the 4 there. Shakira BY FAR the best - I think her team will go far, because she knows how to teach them to make the most of what they've got, and she picks good songs for them. I think Adam is not the greatest coach, either, I find many of his song choices either lackluster or downright horrible - unless it is intentional sabotage for some of these people - LOL

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,178,383 times
WOW!

Spoiler
Amber over Sarah Simons! I'm not opposed, but I am shocked!!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,178,383 times
Adam drives producers to the edge of apoplexy. Lose the between show break... wonder how much that cost.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,559,460 times
I truely enjoyed CeeLo and Juliette's duet. I think CeeLo may have lost a little poundage. They were both looking great.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM

I knew that Blake would save the Swon Brothers no matter what. I really didn't think that the vote would put Holly through, though.

No real surprises last night, though for a moment I thought (hoped) that Adam would save Caroline over Sarah.

Juliette looked better than she did during her cameo last year, but I didn't think she sounded that good. Head and shoulders (LOL) over CeeLo, though. When CeeLo "sang" I felt like we were watching Voice audition bloopers of those who didn't make the cut.

Both group performances were horrible.

Voice, what is happening to you?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:54 AM

17,616 posts, read 39,367,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I knew that Blake would save the Swon Brothers no matter what. I really didn't think that the vote would put Holly through, though.

No real surprises last night, though for a moment I thought (hoped) that Adam would save Caroline over Sarah.

Juliette looked better than she did during her cameo last year, but I didn't think she sounded that good. Head and shoulders (LOL) over CeeLo, though. When CeeLo "sang" I felt like we were watching Voice audition bloopers of those who didn't make the cut.

Both group performances were horrible.

Voice, what is happening to you?
Agree. I recorded the show last night to watch Idol, so ff through a lot of it. Didn't care for CeeLo and Juliette, but agree she looked a lot better than last time. Those group numbers were extra suck - ff through both. And I kind of wish Adam had saved Caroline - she was unique, there are more than enough "power singers" on the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV