Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Danielle is great. I am not sure we saw the same show...lol.
Totally agree. I LOVE Danielle. She did a great job on JTTW, which is extremely difficult to sing.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Actually Judith may not win, not because she's not good - we all agree that she is incredible - but because being the obvious favorite, people will start rooting for other worthy singers, thinking she's sure to get a record deal anyway.
I agree. Plus it's early in the season, there are a LOT of strong singers here. And at the end of the day it comes down to who connects the most, she might not be the one, regardless of her great voice. I thought Amanda would win based on early performances last season and we all saw how that went.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Actually Judith may not win, not because she's not good - we all agree that she is incredible - but because being the obvious favorite, people will start rooting for other worthy singers, thinking she's sure to get a record deal anyway.
Well that is certainly a possibility, although generally against Voice precedent. Javier Colon, and Jermaine Paul were early favorites. The only exception I can think of... no strike that, even Cassadee Pope was an early favorite despite her closet early rival Terry McDermott and a brief challenge by Amanda Brown.

But having said that, I'm still sticking with Sarah Simmons and Amber Carrington as serious threats to Judith Hill.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
She (Judith) is actually black and Asian (Japanese), so you're both right!

And the black rocker from last season was Amanda on Adam's team. I thought she was kept around about two weeks too long. You're right, she never again came even remotely close to her battle with Trevyn.
Thanks for the name. I actually thought her
Dream On was her best, but now that I go back and watch it on You Tube it's not as outstandingly good as I remembered.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Outside of Patrick Dodd (Memphis guy/white guy with dreads) who would that have been(see cannon fodder)?
OK, so maybe the fact that they were all on Adam's team is a bit exaggerated, but those who I thought are better than most/some of Usher's and Blake's teams:
Warren Stone (team Adam, knockout)
Amy Whitcomb (team Adam, knockout...I still say that she did better than Caroline, though I'm glad Caroline moved on)
Patrick Dodd (team Adam, battle)
Luke Edgemon (team Blake, knockout)
Jessica Childress (team Usher, battle)
Christian Porter (team Blake, battle)
J'Sun (team Shakira, battle)

Quote:

What would be the point? As Donald Rumsfeld would say, you fight with the contestants you have not the contestants you wish you had.

I know. I was being a bit facetious. But I think it could have come into play for some of the knockout/ battle decisions. As in maybe person X did better this one time, but person Y has a better overall portfolio and better shot against Judith.' I can't recall off the top of my head who this would refer to, but I remember thinking it multiple times.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
now that I go back and watch it on You Tube it's not as outstandingly good as I remembered.
At the time, when you were in the moment (at least for me) a stunningly gorgeous African American woman, an unexpectedly soulful version of a rock song with her pretty amazing runs and high notes at the end is what impressed folks. But when I watched it again the novelty/surprise just wasn't there. But then I was never an Amanda Brown fan other than when she sang "Dream On."

Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Well that is certainly a possibility, although generally against Voice precedent. Javier Colon, and Jermaine Paul were early favorites. The only exception I can think of... no strike that, even Cassadee Pope was an early favorite despite her closet early rival Terry McDermott and a brief challenge by Amanda Brown.

But having said that, I'm still sticking with Sarah Simmons and Amber Carrington as serious threats to Judith Hill.
Was Jermaine Paul an early favorite? He snuck in under my radar. And I didn't actually watch season 1 except in re-runs, but I know that Javier was considered a favorite from the start.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a team Adam top 3 or 4.

The only other possible threat seems to be Sasha Allen, and maybe Karina Iglesias and Michelle Chamuel.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,803,709 times
Quote:
At the time, when you were in the moment (at least for me) a stunningly gorgeous African American woman, an unexpectedly soulful version of a rock song with her pretty amazing runs and high notes at the end is what impressed folks. But when I watched it again the novelty/surprise just wasn't there. But then I was never an Amanda Brown fan other than when she sang "Dream On."
"Dream On" was definitely the best thing she did. In fact, IMHO, it's the best single performance on The Voice so far. I go back and watch it on YouTube every so often, just because. I thought Adam did her a disservice when he picked the next song for her, which no one had ever heard of. It was unremarkable and she sort of lost her mojo after that.

No one has had the "goosebump" effect on me so far this year.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:

See, I was decidedly unimpressed with her "Dream On" until I heard her falsetto scream. And it is a wicked one. But it didn't make up for the rest of the lackluster song.

(in case you couldn't tell, I wasn't really an Amanda Brown fan either. Except for "Vision of Love." She was amazing there, but half of it was Trevyn and how well the two sang together)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
"Dream On" was definitely the best thing she did. In fact, IMHO, it's the best single performance on The Voice so far. I go back and watch it on YouTube every so often, just because. I thought Adam did her a disservice when he picked the next song for her, which no one had ever heard of. It was unremarkable and she sort of lost her mojo after that.

No one has had the "goosebump" effect on me so far this year.
What was the other rocker song she did? Wasn't there a Whitesnake song, or something like that?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,359,908 times
OK, so I'm currently watching yesterday's show online... I can't believe Usher kept Josiah - he sucked!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV