Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Tonight I did not like the performance by Judith or Sarah. Every time that song is sung by Sarah I just cringe. And every season someone sings it. UGH! I though Sasha was really good and Amber did great on that Adele song, which surprised me because people usually really screw up the Adele songs. I love all of Team Blake. I thought the Swon Brothers did great on the Eagles Song which was a really hard song to sing. Love Danielle and didn't know that song, but so sweet! I hope all of Team Blake and Amber make it to the next round, really think Sarah will be going home.
Danielle's Grandpa Tell Me Bout The Good Old Days was a The Judd's song, used to be one of my favorites when I listened to country. The Judd's as in Wynona (and her mom), who was on Dancing with the Stars this season, if you're watching that.

I didn't think it measured up to The Judd's version, personally.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:08 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,335,245 times
I thought the ones that sang without so much fanfare and backup were the best last night. Judith turned me off, Sasha didn't sound as good as usual, and I don't really like Sarah at all. My favorites from last night were Danielle, Amber, Michelle, and The Swon Brothers.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM

5,123 posts, read 16,648,545 times
I FF though a lot of this show, but I did watch Adam as he was coaching his country girl. Is her name Amber? Anyway, I liked how he said she needs to challenge herself and not just be a country singer--not that there's anything wrong with that, but that she should explore songs that challenge her and make her a performer and not just a singer...or something like that.

I think that's what separates him from Blake as a coach. I haven't seen Blake encouraging his country singers to try something out of their comfort zones. Maybe he has and I missed it, but I like that Adam is challenging his country girl.

Danielle singing "Grandpa" was cute and touching but not really a song to showcase her talent in a talent show. Loved Holly's song & performance.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 PM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
I think it was poor song choices for Judith and Sasha. Probably for Sarah too, but I don't like her anyway.

Again, the Swon brothers fell super flat of what they could have done. It reminded me of their Drift Away, as far as missed opportunities go for harmonies. Notice how amazing the harmonies sounded in the very beginning...until they put the backup singers on delay and a much lower volume...and then you realized that all of the talent was in the backup singers?

I'm not a country fan, but I really like Danielle. She makes it seem so effortless. Holly can go.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,552,537 times
Its hard to believe the Swon Bros. are the only male act left so soon in the competition. I'm mean one out of eight? That's pretty bad. Can't help but think the producers have somehow pushed a "girl power" agenda on it this season (like they did with Idol). Imagine if the reverse were true and there was only one female out eight singers (and most likely going home tonight). There would be such an uproar over it.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I think that's what separates him from Blake as a coach. I haven't seen Blake encouraging his country singers to try something out of their comfort zones. Maybe he has and I missed it, but I like that Adam is challenging his country girl.
This season Blake is on a country mission. Don't forget he is 2 of 3 having won with Jermaine Paul and Cassadee Pope. But I will say this, one season he picked a girl who was as country as country could be but came out one night singing a pop song and Blake was visibly upset and cut her because he felt that she was dedicated to the music that got her on the show to begin with. There is some logic to that reasoning. You get picked by judges because you are good at what you do, when you "challenge" yourself with another genre, you better hit it out the park. She didn't.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,335,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Its hard to believe the Swon Bros. are the only male act left so soon in the competition. I'm mean one out of eight? That's pretty bad. Can't help but think the producers have somehow pushed a "girl power" agenda on it this season (like they did with Idol). Imagine if the reverse were true and there was only one female out eight singers (and most likely going home tonight). There would be such an uproar over it.
I don't agree. It should be the most talented singers, not the most talented males or females. The girls were better this season, but that doesn't mean it will be the case next season.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:53 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,831,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Me too.
And I'm pretty sure I saw Raelynn from last season in his latest video.
Yes she is in Blake's latest video, and so adorable. Miranda and the Pistol Annies are in it as well. The song is "Boys Round Here" and he sang it last night on "The Voice" and Gwen sang backup, I think she was from Season Two. I totally love that song/video.

Agree with many of the comments except I do still like the Swon Brothers, but not as the winners.

I think Sarah will go home tonight but can't figure out who else. Wouldn't it be a huge shock if Judith and Sasha went home since they both have been such favorites, but I don't seem them connecting with the audience as much as the others do. I voted on-line last night, ten votes for Danielle.

Blake has a special on NBC tomorrow night as a fundraiser for Oklahoma disaster relief, must see TV.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,563,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Wouldn't it be a huge shock if Judith and Sasha went home since they both have been such favorites, but I don't seem them connecting with the audience as much as the others do. I voted on-line last night, ten votes for Danielle.
I woulda been a shock for me up till last night. Judith really wasn't very good at all. Add that to her stand-offish personality (not fair to judge that not knowing her personally, but we're human so we do) and I wonder if she just got herself booted?

Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,831,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I woulda been a shock for me up till last night. Judith really wasn't very good at all. Add that to her stand-offish personality (not fair to judge that not knowing her personally, but we're human so we do) and I wonder if she just got herself booted?
Good point! Remember early on everyone at least on the Boards/media felt Judith would run away with it. But the lack of connection and stand-offish personality have not served her well. And now I read more comments that are anti-Judith. Interesting...we will see.

Hardest part about living on the West Coast is not cheating. So temping to take a peek and see who goes home since I have a 3-hour time delay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV