Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times

Advertisements

So it looks like we'll have about 3 more weeks of battle round coming up.

I kinda like the steal (though it is NOT a steal, when the judge discards someone), but I'm not digging this idea of a Knockout round that sounds like we will only have 5 people per team for the live show. I thought that people wanted to hear their favorites sing more songs, as in MORE weeks of live shows. Maybe if they narrow it from 20 to 16 to 12 to 8 to 4 to 1 (5 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1) instead of each team losing half it's people every week.

And I am SOOO unimpressed with De'borah. I thought that Nelly's Echo choked, but he had far more potential.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,198,100 times
Nelly's Echo deserved to lose just because of his stupid "name".

Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post

True. I didn't like the name.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times
I miss episodes sometimes but caught this week's shows.

On night one I was glad Bryan (his dad is a singer) and Deborah (pastor's quirky daughter) won. Deb and maybe Trevin were my favorites of the night. I love Deb's parents!

On night two I was so relieved that horrid Domo didn't make it through or get stolen! I was happy with Cody (alabama), Aquil, and Melanie (two tone hair) made it through.

As for the extra coaches, so far Mary J Blige is my favorite.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 AM

17,626 posts, read 39,385,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Agree, but "De'Borah is just as stupid... Did not like either one of those two or their performance.

I really do enjoy this show, though. It's a great concept, and I really love the "battle rounds."

Old 10-11-2012, 04:03 PM

19,361 posts, read 16,915,378 times
It's turning into another great season. Felt sorry for Cee Lo the other night, though. Trying to choose between Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunte. I got the feeling he didn't know Amanda was a great singer. She sure fooled him.

I'd also like to see Melanie Martinez lose the bow in her hair. She has a good voice but dressing like she's six years old is distracting.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM

36,543 posts, read 16,131,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It's turning into another great season. Felt sorry for Cee Lo the other night, though. Trying to choose between Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunte. I got the feeling he didn't know Amanda was a great singer. She sure fooled him.

I'd also like to see Melanie Martinez lose the bow in her hair. She has a good voice but dressing like she's six years old is distracting.
Me too, can't remember who she was up against, but I liked her better. The one with the panic disorder.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM

19,361 posts, read 16,915,378 times
I think her name is Caitlin. Can't recall her last name, though

Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 PM

5,364 posts, read 8,604,764 times
I am enjoying the format of this show. I like the option for a judge to steal someone, as I think it gives contestants who are talented a better chance to stay in the game.

My only real complaint, and it applies to most reality shows these days, is that there is too much repetitive filler!!!!! I don't need to see 2 minutes of preview clips before a commercial and then 2 minutes of review after a commercial!

I would be more engaged in these shows if there was absolutely no repetitive clips at all. Like how it used to be.

We all have DVRs now anyway, so the repetitive clips are even more useless. There could be so much more content in these reality shows if they did away with all that.

I'd love to see more time spent when the coaches are working with and talking to the contestants, for example.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,491,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I am enjoying the format of this show. I like the option for a judge to steal someone, as I think it gives contestants who are talented a better chance to stay in the game.

My only real complaint, and it applies to most reality shows these days, is that there is too much repetitive filler!!!!! I don't need to see 2 minutes of preview clips before a commercial and then 2 minutes of review after a commercial!

I would be more engaged in these shows if there was absolutely no repetitive clips at all. Like how it used to be.

We all have DVRs now anyway, so the repetitive clips are even more useless. There could be so much more content in these reality shows if they did away with all that.

I'd love to see more time spent when the coaches are working with and talking to the contestants, for example.
I don't like that either. I just saw it and they play it again!

I noticed that they didn't show one of the battles but only capped it off. I don't like when they do that either.

Watching Nelly's Echo and De'Borah was almost painful for me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV