Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,758,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ok so my favorite by far tonight was Avery - the last kid who sang Without You. I'm glad he went with CLo.

My least favorite to make it through was Beat Frequency. I can't see them lasting long. Her speaking voice was so annoying and she looked 48 not 28 - stop with the tanning bed! Plus, I just didn't think they were very good - especially her.

I also didn't like how Liz looked and acted - especially how she performed on stage. But I did think she was one of the best singers of the night. She was the country girl who went with Blake. I liked her better once she left the stage and was back with her family.

Nicholas and Melanie were my other favorites but that's just because pickings were slim tonight. Nicholas was the Stand By Me guy with the beard from MN. I loved when he said "holy buckets!" Melanie was the first girl with the gap in her teeth and the two tone hair. I liked her but am not expecting her to go too far.
I can't see "Beat Frequency" lasting long either...I'm surprised Christina turned around for them. God, if she looks like that at 28 heaven help her when she hits 50! JMO

Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
The big news this morning is that both Christina and Cee-Lo will be taking Season 4 off and will be replaced by Shakira and Usher. Both Christina and Cee-Lo will be back for Season 5 though. Christina is going to tour and Cee-Lo is going to write/record music and develop a sitcom based on his life .

My guess is that Adam and Blake will wind up taking Season 5 off and a rotation will be put into place.
I forget where I read it but Blake may not be back next season either so he can go out and tour.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,094,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I forget where I read it but Blake may not be back next season either so he can go out and tour.
It was actually in this thread that he said that on a talk show. But according to the article floating around the major news sources today, both Adam and Blake are confirmed to be returning for Season 4. But like I said, I can almost guarantee they will both be absent from Season 5. Could be a while before we have the original 4 judges back together at the same time again.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM

758 posts, read 1,647,835 times
I think when Adam and Blake take the season off, so will I. They are definitely my favorite judges, both individually and together.

So apparently X-tina won't turn around for a Spears song. Figures. I really liked Melanie. I figure she will either go all the way to the end (or at least pretty close) or get eliminated right away.

That duo was pretty bad.

This is 2 weeks in a row where Monday's show ends with a young black kid who has little singing background, yet makes all 4 judges turn around, and picks Cee-Lo. Not that I'm complaining, they were both AWESOME. Just something I noticed.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,094,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I think when Adam and Blake take the season off, so will I. They are definitely my favorite judges, both individually and together.

So apparently X-tina won't turn around for a Spears song. Figures. I really liked Melanie. I figure she will either go all the way to the end (or at least pretty close) or get eliminated right away.

That duo was pretty bad.

This is 2 weeks in a row where Monday's show ends with a young black kid who has little singing background, yet makes all 4 judges turn around, and picks Cee-Lo. Not that I'm complaining, they were both AWESOME. Just something I noticed.
I'm in agreement with your favorite judges. Adam and Blake just have the Odd Couple thing about them. They're SO different in real life, but get along so well on the show and their friendship chemistry is just amazing.

Cee-Lo comes out with some funny sayings and some funny faces once in a while, but most of the time he just comes across as creepy.

Christina annoys me more than anything. We don't need to see her chest in every episode, wear a damn shirt. And she just seems so superficial.

I can't sing at all, but if I were to be picked on this show and have my choice of judges, I think I'd be leaning towards Blake, just because he seems to take a real interest in his team and seems to set them up well for the future.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
I no fan of today's country music and frankly, I've yet to hear anything from Blake to change my mind (Although I find his videos entertaining). But as a human being, I think that he is an exceptionally gracious and sincere man which makes me a huge fan of him, just not his music.

PS: I've gotten the impression that he has held some rather homophobic views. If that is true, I think the show has made him rethink those views, if they were actually different before the show.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 PM

I can't believe not one judge wanted Trevanne on their team. I thought she did pretty good and with some coaching could of done well.

Benji and Mycle were two of my favorites and Colin wasn't bad either.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,857,669 times
I just read that Cee-Lo and Christina are leaving the show.

New judges to be Usher and Shakira
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/voice-hire...233400102.html

Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I just read that Cee-Lo and Christina are leaving the show.

New judges to be Usher and Shakira
'The Voice' Hires Usher and Shakira - Yahoo! omg!

Usher and Shakira will take over for the season they are gone.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I can't believe not one judge wanted Trevanne on their team. I thought she did pretty good and with some coaching could of done well.

Benji and Mycle were two of my favorites and Colin wasn't bad either.
I agree even though I didn't think she was nearly as good as she thought she was. Still, though, she was better than a couple they did press for.

Mycle was my favorite last night and then Benji. Mycle looked younger than 40 to me - I was surprised to hear him say that. I think they chose the right coaches too.

I liked Joselyn, the girl with neural deficiencies, ok but thought she was on a par with Trevanne.

Collin, who dropped out of grad school and sang cat stevens - he was ok but, again, on a par with Trevanne, IMO. I was surprised three judges turned for him and don't expect him to last a long time.

Lorraine, the brassy 'older' woman - ay yi yi - she was way too loud and annoying for me - that overabundance of enthusiasm and theatricality - she sang...as well as Trevanne, IMO...and could do something with a Bonnie Rait song, I think - but overall I'm glad no one chose her because her speaking voice and personality are so grating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV