Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM

656 posts, read 1,993,782 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge fan of Parenthood. I also wonder why the ratings suffer and it might have something to do with the time slot as suggested. Even the thread that I've posted to a few times here on City Data gets very little activity.

I think the storylines could be complicated for someone to just sit down and watch one show in the middle of the season and immediately like it - and it really helps to have a clear picture of the characters from the beginning. When I first started watching it in the middle of the first season I went back and re-watched from the beginning to really have a good understanding of the storylines, etc.

I find this show a nice escape from the real world of families and all the dysfunction that doesn't get dealt with. I enjoy the Braverman siblings making their relationships with each other a priority. I think since I miss that with my own siblings the show strikes a chord with me each week and sometimes secretly I wish I was in the Braverman family!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,657,003 times
I love this show. however, I am the only one in my family that watches. I think NBC sucks at promoting the couple of good shows they have. they seems really big on pushing lame comedies, and are really banking on this upcoming show, smash. They didn't do well with prime suspect and it is a good show. they just are lost as a network.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,692,246 times
Never heard of it. Maybe thatss a good reason :P

Old 01-18-2012, 02:52 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,665,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I love this show. however, I am the only one in my family that watches. I think NBC sucks at promoting the couple of good shows they have. they seems really big on pushing lame comedies, and are really banking on this upcoming show, smash. They didn't do well with prime suspect and it is a good show. they just are lost as a network.
I totally dont get why they are wasting so much time promoting that show...that idea doesnt look like it has already been done a million times before...

Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM

656 posts, read 1,993,782 times
Default New Episode on tonight Feb 7th

Finally, Parenthood has a new episode tonight. I wonder if the on and off again schedule of this show keep people from becoming fans

I'm a fan no matter what and will be enjoying Parenthood tonight!!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,128,854 times
I am not a big fan of the show but have enjoyed it every so often. Last night's "season" finale sure seemed like a FINALE to me. They tied up a lot of loose ends and made everything all nicey-nice. I have not heard that it has been canceled but I would not be at all surprised. Parenthood: to be cancelled or renewed for season four? | canceled or renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale

Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
I am not a big fan of the show but have enjoyed it every so often. Last night's "season" finale sure seemed like a FINALE to me. They tied up a lot of loose ends and made everything all nicey-nice. I have not heard that it has been canceled but I would not be at all surprised. Parenthood: to be cancelled or renewed for season four? | canceled or renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale
You know, you could be right about that being the last of the show. The show didn't really have any serious cliff hangers, everthing did end on a, relatively, high note, for once.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,164,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You know, you could be right about that being the last of the show. The show didn't really have any serious cliff hangers, everthing did end on a, relatively, high note, for once.
As of now it doesn't look like it's being cancelled. Fingers crossed.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,411,160 times
Fingers crossed here too.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,882 times
I don't know if I could take another break up scene like the last one with Sara and her now fiance; I had to switch the channel it had me so upset and teary. So though I really enjoy the show, I can live with how things concluded if that's it. But, yes, kinda hope it returns, it's one of the better shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV