Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM

4,066 posts, read 5,656,655 times

Advertisements

When Jack was dying and the dog comes up so he wasn't totally alone, the plane flies overhead and then he closes his eyes. Also, the whole thing where they go to the church and "move on". Knowing it really was the end, that there would not be any more episodes....that was so HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
LOST! I bawled my eyes out! Of course, I was also pregnant when the finale aired, which didn't help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM

247 posts, read 688,850 times
I agree with the other posters on Six Feet Under. One of the best finales I've ever seen. Haven't heard that Sia song in awhile but conjures up a powerful image.

One that had my wife crying was finale of Wonder Years.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,252,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlyunspoken23 View Post
But it's when the main 4 (corey, topanga, eric, and shawn) are all saying goodbye to Mr. Feeny that gets me everytime!
Agreed. I loved that show. Whatever happend to Friday night television?

The final couple episodes of Home Improvement are pretty emotional.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:09 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,531,063 times
Six Feet Under

Best finale ever. Talk about closure!!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
The very last MASH. I was depressed for days.
The Buffy mentioned above made me cry too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Agree!~ Espically when Jin, Sun & Sayid died! I was so mad.
Then the very ending when Jack is dying and here comes Vincent running up next to him so he isnt alone when he dies. Ugh. Gets me everytime. Great now I'm about to cry thinking about it. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnay View Post
Medium, I was totally unprepared.

I agree with all of the above. I don't like watching reruns so I just live with the memories and M*A*S*H is #1 in my heart.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,913,378 times
Boston Legal, when Denny & Alan marry..... (they weren't gay...that is the funny part)

and more recently, Friday Night Lights.

**I missed the end of Six Feet Under....someone tell it briefly, PLEASE!!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,999,768 times
The Simpsons.....oh wait it still is running

Honestly one of the saddest episodes/shows I have watched was Mother Simpson of season 7. That was back when The Simpsons was worth watching.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,777,539 times
Mine's a little different. I'm a HUGE "Deadliest Catch" fan, and in particular a fan of Captain Phil Harris. He made that damn show. DC is a real show, shot in real time, about the perils of the fishing industry on the Bering Sea in Alaska. In season six of DC, the show follows the usual boats, including Harris's "Cornelia Marie", but in January of 2009, Harris suffered a major stroke during a crab offload in St Paul Harbour, Alaska. He died ten days later in Anchorage, at the age of 53. The Discovery Channel followed it right til the end, and did it very well, but still knowing that Captain Harris, a REAL person, not a celebrity or fictional character died, was very hard to watch. The network did a great job, and did it at Harris's request to keep filming.

So that was mine, yes I cried my eyes out watching Phil look at the window at the snow falling outside the hospital, and in the next scene, his son is being told that Phil is gone.....it wasn't the 'finale' of the series no, but it marked the end to a lot of people, because DC has not been the same without Captain Phil Harris......We may still watch, but something's missing.....

Old 08-21-2011, 01:33 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Mine's a little different. I'm a HUGE "Deadliest Catch" fan, and in particular a fan of Captain Phil Harris. He made that damn show. DC is a real show, shot in real time, about the perils of the fishing industry on the Bering Sea in Alaska. In season six of DC, the show follows the usual boats, including Harris's "Cornelia Marie", but in January of 2009, Harris suffered a major stroke during a crab offload in St Paul Harbour, Alaska. He died ten days later in Anchorage, at the age of 53. The Discovery Channel followed it right til the end, and did it very well, but still knowing that Captain Harris, a REAL person, not a celebrity or fictional character died, was very hard to watch. The network did a great job, and did it at Harris's request to keep filming.

So that was mine, yes I cried my eyes out watching Phil look at the window at the snow falling outside the hospital, and in the next scene, his son is being told that Phil is gone.....it wasn't the 'finale' of the series no, but it marked the end to a lot of people, because DC has not been the same without Captain Phil Harris......We may still watch, but something's missing.....

What a nice post, Aska. From the heart and about a REAL person.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post

100% agree. No other fake show would ever make me cry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV