Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,292,409 times

Advertisements

I voted for JR and Karina.

I agree about how horrible Bruce Jenner looks now! He's hideous. Used to be so good looking.

TexasFW, so glad to see you see Rob's dancing as I do and am always shaking and scratching my head wondering WTH those judges see that I just can not!!!

Even with an injured ankle, JR was better than all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,012,010 times
Default Those judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It really annoyed me tonight how those judges are dismissing the wonderful performance by Ms. Solo, dancing the Tango, "Whatever Lola Wants." It was magnificent, but because the judges do not like Max, her partner, they take it out on her..........I know that they will most likely do not make it to the finals. .............

Yes, there was a time when she was not producing, but lately she has.

And Miss Phillipines and Mr. British Empire have been given out high scores to people for just walking into the floor, like Chaz.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,417,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
And I'm going to be very snarky here... I know Bruce Jenner (Rob's stepdad) has had at least two face lifts (maybe more). But does anyone else think he looks like he's turning into a girl? He used to have a man's face and was very good-looking. I understand why some women dont want to age gracefully but I dont understand why men feel that way. It's not as though he's a movie star who depends on his looks to get acting roles.

OK. Tell me how bee-yotchy I am.
I totally agree with you, TFW. Jenner was once a really nice looking fellow. Now he looks like a very poorly done wax statue. The same is true of Kenny Rogers. His eye lift ruined his looks. I don't understand why these guys think they need plastic surgery.

Plus, I'm tired of seeing that Jenner/Kardashian gang on TV. I think it is nice they are there to support Rob but enough is enough.

As for tonight's show. I loved the tangos. I could have done without the cha-cha relay. But they had to fill 2 hours.

Can Hope and Maks be any more snotty? There is very little emotion in Hope's dancing. She is a great athlete but she cannot relax enough to dance well. Making nice on the show was such a sham. They don't like each other and I am not particularly fond of either one of the them but I do like to watch Maks dancing.

Rikki looks so good. She really had dropped a lot of pounds and she is always in character during her dances.

J.R. is still my favorite but Rikki is a close second. I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's results show. Gulp.....

Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,012,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
And I'm going to be very snarky here... I know Bruce Jenner (Rob's stepdad) has had at least two face lifts (maybe more). But does anyone else think he looks like he's turning into a girl? He used to have a man's face and was very good-looking. I understand why some women dont want to age gracefully but I dont understand why men feel that way. It's not as though he's a movie star who depends on his looks to get acting roles.

OK. Tell me how bee-yotchy I am.
Maybe, secretly he is a girl................

Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,553,151 times
Spoiler
I really, really think Hope will go home tomorrow. I pray that JR's fans watched the show tonight and didnt just TiVo (or whatever they do to record) it, thinking he'll be safe without their watching and voting tonight.

Although I dont think Rob is as good as the judges think he is, I admit that he is getting better. After tomorrow, next week will be very interesting.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 PM

And, regarding my comments about Bruce Jenner's face, I must admit that I used to think the world of him.

I remember watching a TV special on him in 1976 before he won gold in the decathlon at the Montreal Olympics. He seemed like a decent guy, especially when he gave his wife credit for working and supporting him for four years so he could spend all his time training for the Olympics.

Then, after the Olympics, he seemed to lose his modest demeanor as he made a fortune making public appearances for just being Bruce Jenner. A few years later, he divorced the wife who had supported him for the years that he spent training.

So, when I look at him now, I wonder what happened to that handsome, modest young man who did so much and had so much more potential. What I see now is a self-absorbed, aging man who wants to be young no matter how awful it makes him look.

Edited to add that I know he and Kris have made a lot of $$$ hawking exercise videos and other merchandise. But I dont equate making money with fulfilling one's potential.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,575,546 times
I think at least one of Bruce Jenner's plastic surgery was to fix another plastic surgery that was REALLY bad. I seem to remember him looking even more...altered than he does now. And those "family photos" good grief, they looked like the cover of a Girls Gone Wild video. Can't they just take a normal picture without trying to look all seductive and skanky? Even his poor graduation picture with his mother-come on. And it sure was nice of them to flash that shot of Rob dressed up like a girl-twice. Classy.

JR is mesmerizing to watch, he should have gotten much better scores than he did. Sometimes I don't understand the judges--like when Len acts happy and cheerful, it makes me suspect something is up!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,293,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/u][/b]I can't, because your not!! I absolutely agree with you.

I remember in the musical from 1980,(yes, I played with dinasaurs)...."Can't stop the music" Bruce Jenner, Valerie Perrine, Steve Gutenberg........Bruce was so nice looking.

EEEEKK ! - he looks hooooooooooooooorible now.......
almost scary...........do they ever look in mirrors????
Ok, I won't be watching tonight's show until tomorrow. I already kind of know what went on because I was googling something about J.R. and accidentally stumbled upon a synopsis of the show.

So I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Bruce Jenner () yet but I do want to comment on all the face work these celebrities get..........WHY? So many of them look worse - WAY worse - than they did before and I just don't understand why they don't know that because of all the others who have gone before them. Marg Helgenberg is one who comes to mind - her lips look like they've been pulled so tight they can hardly move. A while back, Dyan Cannon was on The Today Show and I didn't even recognize her! She was such a pretty young woman (when she was married to Cary Grant) and she looks horrible now.

I don't know where in the world they get the idea they're doing themselves any favors.

So, rather off topic, but it was a rant that's been fighting to come out of me for some time, so there you are.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bruce Jenner tomorrow.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Bruce Jenner () yet but I do want to comment on all the face work these celebrities get..........WHY? So many of them look worse - WAY worse - than they did before and I just don't understand why they don't know that because of all the others who have gone before them. Marg Helgenberg is one who comes to mind - her lips look like they've been pulled so tight they can hardly move. A while back, Dyan Cannon was on The Today Show and I didn't even recognize her! She was such a pretty young woman (when she was married to Cary Grant) and she looks horrible now.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bruce Jenner tomorrow.
Surely you've seen Bruce in the crowd if you've watched any of the previous shows. He's been there every night, sitting either right next to Rob's mother Kris or right behind her. You might have seen him and wondered if you were looking at a man or a woman (or one becoming the other).

And I agree about Dyan and Marg. Look at Katherine Hepburn...she was so beautiful as she aged. Susan Sarandon, despite her politics, is lovelier now than she was years ago. And Diane Keaton...omygosh, what elegance.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:13 AM

PEOPLE's magazine's recap of tonight's show:

Dancing with the Stars: Semi-Finals Recap : People.com

And Huffington Post says that Maks said the f word about Carrie Ann. Was that on TV and I missed it? I thought Hope was pretty nasty about Carrie Ann. All Carrie Ann did was call it as she saw it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...=entertainment

Last edited by TFW46; 11-15-2011 at 02:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV